Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,221 members, 7,815,270 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 09:59 AM

8 Reasons To Stop Drinking Coke Every Day - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / 8 Reasons To Stop Drinking Coke Every Day (59578 Views)

I’ll Stop Drinking from Sachet Water After Seeing This / Find Out Why You Should Stop Drinking Cold Water Or Ice Water As A Man / See 8 Reasons Why You Feel Pain, Tenderness And Burning Sensation In Your Breast (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

8 Reasons To Stop Drinking Coke Every Day by RoyalBlak007: 6:33pm On Oct 21, 2017
A lot of recent studies show that consuming sodas every day starts to wreak havoc on your dietary intake without you even noticing it.

Vitamin deficiency

The phosphoric acid contained in Coke along with caffeine, which has a diuretic effect, starts washing nutrients and vitamins out of your body 60 minutes after you had the drink. Imagine that happening every day. That’s how a vitamin deficiency starts.

9 Likes 4 Shares

Re: 8 Reasons To Stop Drinking Coke Every Day by RoyalBlak007: 6:35pm On Oct 21, 2017
Dental erosion

The high acidity and sugary ingredients of Coca-Cola cause tooth enamel and cavities. If you add in low levels of calcium due to vitamin deficiency, you can end up with your teeth rotting inside and outside. And it won’t take long.

8 Likes 3 Shares

Re: 8 Reasons To Stop Drinking Coke Every Day by RoyalBlak007: 6:37pm On Oct 21, 2017
Anxiety

Along with sleep deprivation, anxiety is a side effect of consuming caffeine. Each can of Coke contains the same amount of caffeine as a cup of strong coffee. It is also proven to be very addictive, so once you decide to cut your dose you might experience headaches, irritability, fatigue, or even depression.

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 8 Reasons To Stop Drinking Coke Every Day by RoyalBlak007: 6:39pm On Oct 21, 2017
Obesity

When we talk about extra weight, it’s not so much about how you look but more about how you feel. Excess weight is not a problem by itself, but it increases the pressure on your immune and cardiovascular system as well as your joints and bones, which are already weakened by a lack of calcium.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 8 Reasons To Stop Drinking Coke Every Day by RoyalBlak007: 6:41pm On Oct 21, 2017
Skin problems

Drinking Coke every day has the same impact on your skin as smoking. Consuming soda has an inflammatory effect on the body due to high levels of sugar. It dehydrates the skin, emphasizing the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles. It accelerates skin aging, making it saggy and dull. It also exaggerates eczema, or very dry, itchy, inflamed skin, and acne

9 Likes 5 Shares

Re: 8 Reasons To Stop Drinking Coke Every Day by RoyalBlak007: 6:42pm On Oct 21, 2017
Heart and blood problems

An increased level of bad cholesterol increases the chances of a heart attack. If you have only 1 can of Coke a day, you can already start suffering from high blood pressure. And women consuming these amounts of Coca-Cola are more likely to develop type 2 diabetes. Are you sure it’s worth it?

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 8 Reasons To Stop Drinking Coke Every Day by RoyalBlak007: 6:44pm On Oct 21, 2017
Risk of cancer

We are not saying you’ll get cancer if you drink Coke every day. But, due to the presence of benzene molecules in Coca-Cola and its plastic package, doctors recommend sticking to 1 can of Coke a week to reduce the risk of cancer.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 8 Reasons To Stop Drinking Coke Every Day by RoyalBlak007: 6:46pm On Oct 21, 2017
Kidney failure

If you think that choosing the diet version of Coke is safer, then we are about to disappoint you. Zero sugar Coke probably doesn’t contain sugar at all. Instead, it contains artificial sweeteners that are way too unhealthy for your kidneys. Especially if you are addicted to having it every day.

https://brightside.me/inspiration-health/8-effects-of-drinking-coca-cola-every-day-389410/

7 Likes 5 Shares

Re: 8 Reasons To Stop Drinking Coke Every Day by comp88: 12:14pm On Oct 22, 2017
LIES

103 Likes 7 Shares

Re: 8 Reasons To Stop Drinking Coke Every Day by Wuminity(f): 9:27pm On Oct 22, 2017
Thank God, it's Pepsi I drink, and it's once in every three months.....

30 Likes

Re: 8 Reasons To Stop Drinking Coke Every Day by dominique(f): 2:29pm On Oct 29, 2017
Not just coke, carbonated drinks in general.

38 Likes 3 Shares

Re: 8 Reasons To Stop Drinking Coke Every Day by makydebbie(f): 2:36pm On Oct 29, 2017
Wuminity:
What's the difference na?

38 Likes

Re: 8 Reasons To Stop Drinking Coke Every Day by siraj1402(m): 2:38pm On Oct 29, 2017
Continue drinking coke and cut your life short.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: 8 Reasons To Stop Drinking Coke Every Day by Nobody: 2:39pm On Oct 29, 2017
Again? Issorite

1 Like

Re: 8 Reasons To Stop Drinking Coke Every Day by hanassholesolo: 2:39pm On Oct 29, 2017
OP, did Pepsi pay you for this article?

35 Likes

Re: 8 Reasons To Stop Drinking Coke Every Day by lonelydora: 2:39pm On Oct 29, 2017
Lol. Obesity? Why is my friend still slim? He takes coke daily. People keep discouraging us about drinking Coke, but shops selling coke keep increasing daily on the streets.

Even if Coke no advertise, they will keep selling. I am even typing this with a 60cl bottle of chilled coke by my side. I can't do without a bottle of coke daily.

50 Likes 4 Shares

Re: 8 Reasons To Stop Drinking Coke Every Day by chynie: 2:39pm On Oct 29, 2017
Op how much did they pay you

4 Likes

Re: 8 Reasons To Stop Drinking Coke Every Day by Nobody: 2:39pm On Oct 29, 2017
RoyalBlak007:
Anxiety

Along with sleep deprivation, anxiety is a side effect of consuming caffeine. Each can of Coke contains the same amount of caffeine as a cup of strong coffee. It is also proven to be very addictive, so once you decide to cut your dose you might experience headaches, irritability, fatigue, or even depression.

No way, never knew caffeine causes anxiety. No more coffee lipsrsealed

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 8 Reasons To Stop Drinking Coke Every Day by chimerase2: 2:39pm On Oct 29, 2017
undecided
Re: 8 Reasons To Stop Drinking Coke Every Day by MEILYN(m): 2:40pm On Oct 29, 2017
Wuminity:
Are you for real? Lol

1 Like

Re: 8 Reasons To Stop Drinking Coke Every Day by Nobody: 2:40pm On Oct 29, 2017
Lies from the pit of hell

4 Likes

Re: 8 Reasons To Stop Drinking Coke Every Day by Johnpaul01: 2:40pm On Oct 29, 2017
E no concern me. 2 Cokes 4 dinner

3 Likes

Re: 8 Reasons To Stop Drinking Coke Every Day by DrRasheed: 2:40pm On Oct 29, 2017
comp88:
LIES
Bro he is not lying.. I knew this since ma sss. so don't mislead others for yr stupidity.

14 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 8 Reasons To Stop Drinking Coke Every Day by Nobody: 2:41pm On Oct 29, 2017
I go drink oooooooooo. Wetin concern you self.
This cheap camera prices will shock you http://www.fototech.com.ng/dirt-cheap-cameras-lenses-accessories/
Re: 8 Reasons To Stop Drinking Coke Every Day by Bisjosh(f): 2:41pm On Oct 29, 2017
How about Pepsi cool

2 Likes

Re: 8 Reasons To Stop Drinking Coke Every Day by ayoomoba1(m): 2:41pm On Oct 29, 2017
We've drinking Coke for years and we've not experience dis b4. tongue

2 Likes

Re: 8 Reasons To Stop Drinking Coke Every Day by Nobody: 2:41pm On Oct 29, 2017
Water is not sweet

3 Likes

Re: 8 Reasons To Stop Drinking Coke Every Day by makimberlly01(f): 2:41pm On Oct 29, 2017
Ok ooo
Re: 8 Reasons To Stop Drinking Coke Every Day by Sunnycliff(m): 2:41pm On Oct 29, 2017
Even if I stop drinking coke, I will still die....
.... So no need

.... Since that is inevitable

13 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Coronavirus: Leg Shake By Osagie Ehanire And Ayobami Akin - Photo / External Hordeleum (Chalazion): Do You Know Anything This Please? (Photo) / 17-Year-Old Game Addict Dies After Playing Game All Through The Night (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.