Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,502 members, 7,958,517 topics. Date: Wednesday, 25 September 2024 at 04:19 PM

Cost Of A Week Vacation In Togo - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Cost Of A Week Vacation In Togo (4536 Views)

Any Nigerians In Togo? Let's Meet Here. / My Sister's Christmas Vacation In Ethiopia And South Africa / My Racism Experience During A Vacation In Russia (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Cost Of A Week Vacation In Togo by Nobody: 5:19pm On Jul 29, 2017
What's the approx cost? Cost of ticket ?
Re: Cost Of A Week Vacation In Togo by Ugosample(m): 7:58pm On Jul 29, 2017
Durentt:

Where are you coming from?

Will you fly or use the road??

And lastly, do you have an internatuonal passport

All these will help me guide you properly
Re: Cost Of A Week Vacation In Togo by Nobody: 8:08pm On Jul 29, 2017
Ugosample:

Where are you coming from?

Will you fly or use the road??

And lastly, do you have an internatuonal passport

All these will help me guide you properly
Abuja. I'm going by plane and yes, i have an international passport i got recently.

I heard Togo is visa free, so i just want to know how much for flight (going&returning) and cost of living there. This would be my first trip outside nigeria
Re: Cost Of A Week Vacation In Togo by Ugosample(m): 10:12pm On Jul 29, 2017
Durentt:
Abuja. I'm going by plane and yes, i have an international passport i got recently.

I heard Togo is visa free, so i just want to know how much for flight (going&returning) and cost of living there. This would be my first trip outside nigeria

What I'll suggest is that you take a flight to Accra, because it's better that way, and flights to Accra are easier to book. then you take a luxurious bus to Lome, that will take 3-4 hours, as lome is just on the border with Ghana

That was how i went and it was okay then.

Then check www.jovago.com for hotels, then compare prices and make a choice. Then you go there and pay for the room. The prices will be there

There are not many fun things to do tho, apart from their beautiful beach, and maybe the Marche fetisheur

In all, just carry enough money, as I cannot give a fixed figure for you because I don't know your spending habits..
Re: Cost Of A Week Vacation In Togo by Ugosample(m): 10:19pm On Jul 29, 2017
Durentt:

Other visa free wear African countries that make sense include Senegal Ivory Coast, Ghana and even Benin republic
Re: Cost Of A Week Vacation In Togo by Nobody: 10:47pm On Jul 29, 2017
Ugosample:

What I'll suggest is that you take a flight to Accra, because it's better that way, and flights to Accra are easier to book. then you take a luxurious bus to Lome, that will take 3-4 hours, as lome is just on the border with Ghana

That was how i went and it was okay then.

Then check www.jovago.com for hotels, then compare prices and make a choice. Then you go there and pay for the room. The prices will be there

There are not many fun things to do tho, apart from their beautiful beach, and maybe the Marche fetisheur

In all, just carry enough money, as I cannot give a fixed figure for you because I don't know your spending habits..
thanks.
Ugosample:

Other visa free wear African countries that make sense include Senegal Ivory Coast, Ghana and even Benin republic
yea. I know. I just want to try Togo because it's french speaking, i need to brush up my french a bit.
thanks very much for that jovago site. it helped
Re: Cost Of A Week Vacation In Togo by Ugosample(m): 9:03am On Jul 30, 2017
Durentt:
thanks.
yea. I know. I just want to try Togo because it's french speaking, i need to brush up my french a bit.
thanks very much for that jovago site. it helped

No p

Ivory coast and Senegal are also French speaking
Re: Cost Of A Week Vacation In Togo by chimah3(m): 6:48am On Jul 31, 2017
When you get there,

Try staying @ New Robinson Plage or CoCo Beach hotel...

Thank me later... grin
Re: Cost Of A Week Vacation In Togo by Nobody: 8:57am On Jul 31, 2017
chimah3:
When you get there,

Thank me later... grin
are all togolese french speaking?
Re: Cost Of A Week Vacation In Togo by Ugosample(m): 3:20pm On Jul 31, 2017
chimah3:
When you get there,
Thank me later... grin

Really?
Maybe I should check these places out when next I stop over
I hope they are affordable tho
Re: Cost Of A Week Vacation In Togo by Ugosample(m): 3:21pm On Jul 31, 2017
Durentt:
are all togolese french speaking?
Not all tho
Many speak Ewe
Re: Cost Of A Week Vacation In Togo by Godson201333(m): 8:27pm On Jul 31, 2017
Not so expensive bro..Been there a couple of times...but what kinda of vacation are we talking about...Right at the entrance of Lome is a stretch of the Atlantic ocean with some nice five star hotels like Sarakawa Hotel and more.You can always sit at the sea side every evening and enjoy the cool breeze with meditation hehe ..If you like night life..why not consider Cotonou?
Re: Cost Of A Week Vacation In Togo by Ugosample(m): 10:25pm On Jul 31, 2017
Godson201333:
Not so expensive bro..Been there a couple of times...but what kinda of vacation are we talking about...Right at the entrance of Lome is a stretch of the Atlantic ocean with some nice five star hotels like Sarakawa Hotel and more.You can always sit at the sea side every evening and enjoy the cool breeze with meditation hehe ..If you like night life..why not consider Cotonou?

Well, he can visit the two na

After all, Cotonou and Lome are three hours between each other.
Re: Cost Of A Week Vacation In Togo by Nobody: 2:40am On Aug 01, 2017
Ugosample:

Not all tho

Many speak Ewe
but majority speak french? cause that's the only reason i'm going. Do senegal or ivory coast more french?
Godson201333:
barely 2 weeks there
Re: Cost Of A Week Vacation In Togo by Godson201333(m): 10:42am On Aug 01, 2017
I have been to Ivory Coast,Yes they speak French and it's easier to learn and practice your French there but the difference is that Togo and Senegal speak more standard French than ivory coast and benin republic...

Consider the spoken British English and American English..

You are gonna have issues knowing how to fix the grammars.
Re: Cost Of A Week Vacation In Togo by Nobody: 3:49pm On Aug 01, 2017
Godson201333:
I have been to Ivory Coast,Yes they speak French and it's easier to learn and practice your French there but the difference is that Togo and Senegal speak more standard French than ivory coast and benin republic...

Consider the spoken British English and American English..

You are gonna have issues knowing how to fix the grammars.
thanks.
Re: Cost Of A Week Vacation In Togo by ucheslime(m): 4:04pm On Aug 01, 2017
Ugosample:

Is Gabon not visa free?
Re: Cost Of A Week Vacation In Togo by Ugosample(m): 6:39pm On Aug 01, 2017
ucheslime:

Is Gabon not visa free?
It's not
Re: Cost Of A Week Vacation In Togo by ucheslime(m): 6:49am On Aug 02, 2017
Ugosample:

It's not

Ok thanks
Re: Cost Of A Week Vacation In Togo by Nobody: 6:05pm On Aug 02, 2017
#following#
Re: Cost Of A Week Vacation In Togo by Ugosample(m): 7:53pm On Aug 02, 2017
Xlpacks:
#following#

This holiday is not a bad idea trust me
I enjoyed mine, and don't mind doing it again
Re: Cost Of A Week Vacation In Togo by yesBOSS222: 11:36pm On Aug 03, 2017
Durentt:

Hello Durentt,

here you go:

Asky Airlines ................157,300

Air Cote D Ivoire..........162,400

Ethiopian Airlines........189,900

1 Like

Re: Cost Of A Week Vacation In Togo by Nobody: 6:56am On Aug 04, 2017
yesBOSS222:

Hello Durent.t,

here you go:

Asky Airlines ................157,300

Air Cote D Ivoire..........162,400

Ethiopian Airlines........189,900
thank you. Are these return tickets or one way
Re: Cost Of A Week Vacation In Togo by Ugosample(m): 2:18pm On Aug 04, 2017
Durentt:
thank you. Are these return tickets or one way

Return tickets o

That is why I suggested you fly to Ghana first, then take a bus to Togo.
it will be cheaper and even more fun for you (you will even get more stamps in your passport lol grin grin

then when you are going back to Nigeria

You can book an evening flight to Nigeria

Then take the bus from lome to Accra in the morning, then take a cab to the airport, enjoy yiyreekd there and by say 4pm you are in the sky coming back to Nigeria.

I loved this style and I bet you would too
but in the end, it's your choice to make
Re: Cost Of A Week Vacation In Togo by yesBOSS222: 12:33pm On Aug 05, 2017
[quote author=Durentt post=59132120] thank you. Are these return tickets or one way[/quotes

They are all return tickets sir.
Re: Cost Of A Week Vacation In Togo by s3nn2x(m): 10:32pm On Aug 05, 2017
I will be travelling to Lome on Tuesday via Asky and I am not even looking forward to the trip. If I had my way I wouldn't go, but for work...
Re: Cost Of A Week Vacation In Togo by yesBOSS222: 3:36pm On Aug 06, 2017
s3nn2x:
I will be travelling to Lome on Tuesday via Asky and I am not even looking forward to the trip. If I had my way I wouldn't go, but for work...

For now it may have no meaning to you, but later in future when you need to travel to bigger destinations in Europe, and Americas, you will congratulate yourself for the history.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Cost Of A Week Vacation In Togo by Empress2014(f): 10:38pm On Aug 08, 2017
Lol, its best to go by road, the road ticket is just about 15k, you will pass through Cotonou and also you get to see the view of the road side beach which is nice,the bus do stop at each border too which is really nice as you can see traders selling different kinda things, grin its just like duty free, have fun in togo kiss

1 Like

Re: Cost Of A Week Vacation In Togo by Nobody: 11:10pm On Aug 08, 2017
Empress2014:
Lol, its best to go by road, the road ticket is just about 15k, you will pass through Cotonou and also you get to see the view of the road side beach which is nice,the bus do stop at each border too which is really nice as you can see traders selling different kinda things, grin its just like duty free, have fun in togo kiss
thank you

(1) (Reply)

Nigerians Will Soon Ruin Canada Like They Ruined UK / TUNISIA Like Europe / Dana Air Supports Nigerian Economic Summit 23

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.