Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,381 members, 7,812,121 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 08:38 AM

New MTN Scam Method Used To Rob Nigerians, Please Read - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / New MTN Scam Method Used To Rob Nigerians, Please Read (3158 Views)

Help On MTN Scam / Who Else Has Noticed This MTN Scam? / New Mtn Night Plan ; Get 500mb For Just N25, 4gb For N200, 10gb For N500 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

New MTN Scam Method Used To Rob Nigerians, Please Read by rapcy(m): 4:33pm On Jul 30, 2017
I don't know why MTN is taking it's customers for granted. I wanted to recharge 1000 naira airtime to a friend of mine whose data just got exhausted. I bought 1000 naira airtime via VTU so that I could transfer it to him.

Immidiately I got a message from MTN telling me that my 1gig plan has been renewed. How? I called customer care, the guy was telling me he's sorry for inconveniences, that he can see that the last time I subscribed was JANUARY and since then, I've been placed on DATA PACKING (if auto renewal is on it will wait till you have upto that amount, then it will auto renew) angry

How does that make any sense? I told the customer care agent to foward the data to the line that I was supposed to forward it to or return the airtime so that I can transfer it to him, he said they can't, non of them is possible.

MTN YOU BETTER RETURN MY MONEY. If you guys are looking for customers, there are better ways to that, not robbing your customers of their cash in the name of Data Packing. Refund my airtime

Jidesm

2 Likes

Re: New MTN Scam Method Used To Rob Nigerians, Please Read by Greatzeus(m): 7:50pm On Jul 30, 2017
I bought an Mtn Sim for night browsing,I have never inserted it on phone,its always inside my modem.
I transferred N200 to it so I could subscribe for night browsing, few mins later got a message I have subscribed for caller tunez and N50 has been deducted.
Re: New MTN Scam Method Used To Rob Nigerians, Please Read by Omoedeki: 8:00pm On Jul 30, 2017
Similar thing happened to me. I recharged wanting to make calls before I knew the money was gone. I saw a message later that I have successfully subcribed to something something news. Emptyhen una be thief ooo

1 Like

Re: New MTN Scam Method Used To Rob Nigerians, Please Read by Nobody: 8:23pm On Jul 30, 2017
rapcy:
I don't know why MTN is taking it's customers for granted. I wanted to recharge 1000 naira airtime to a friend of mine whose data just got exhausted. I bought 1000 naira airtime via VTU so that I could transfer it to him.

Immidiately I got a message from MTN telling me that my 1gig plan has been renewed. How? I called customer care, the guy was telling me he's sorry for inconveniences, that he can see that the last time I subscribed was JANUARY and since then, I've been placed on DATA PACKING (if auto renewal is on it will wait till you have upto that amount, then it will auto renew) angry

How does that make any sense? I told the customer care agent to foward the data to the line that I was supposed to forward it to or return the airtime so that I can transfer it to him, he said they can't, non of them is possible.

MTN YOU BETTER RETURN MY MONEY. If you guys are looking for customers, there are better ways to that, not robbing your customers of their cash in the name of Data Packing. Refund my airtime

Jidesm
It's possible you subscribe to their data plan unknowingly around January. Don't forget they have auto renew so you were automatically charged for renewal. Be the case, they should have refund your money unlike airtel and etisalat now 9 mobile. Call 622 Ncc to resolve this issue
Re: New MTN Scam Method Used To Rob Nigerians, Please Read by Mickyyaya: 9:44pm On Jul 30, 2017
Make a formal complaint to NCC. .your money will be returned after investigation.
Re: New MTN Scam Method Used To Rob Nigerians, Please Read by jom28gy(m): 9:53pm On Jul 30, 2017
Are the the one that does not know mtn?that they are fraudsters.
Re: New MTN Scam Method Used To Rob Nigerians, Please Read by rapcy(m): 11:25pm On Jul 30, 2017
asuustrike2009:

It's possible you subscribe to their data plan unknowingly around January. Don't forget they have auto renew so you were automatically charged for renewal. Be the case, they should have refund your money unlike airtel and etisalat now 9 mobile. Call 622 Ncc to resolve this issue
Exactly, they refused refunding it. Instead they sounded rude. I tried calling the NCC number, once I call it I get an error message.
Re: New MTN Scam Method Used To Rob Nigerians, Please Read by rapcy(m): 11:25pm On Jul 30, 2017
Mickyyaya:
Make a formal complaint to NCC. .your money will be returned after investigation.
Do you have any of their valid email address?
Re: New MTN Scam Method Used To Rob Nigerians, Please Read by DrayZee: 11:59pm On Jul 30, 2017
asuustrike2009:

I hope you're not Mtn personnel or related to one. Because, in terms of stealing from customers, MTN is the absolute worst. That's the one thing they're good at.
And you're talking about Airtel and 9Mobile (Etisalat). I have faced similar scenarios on both of them and they refunded my money sharply. So why are you speaking against them?

3 Likes

Re: New MTN Scam Method Used To Rob Nigerians, Please Read by Nobody: 8:25am On Jul 31, 2017
DrayZee:

I hope you're not Mtn personnel or related to one. Because, in terms of stealing from customers, MTN is the absolute worst. That's the one thing they're good at.
And you're talking about Airtel and 9Mobile (Etisalat). I have faced similar scenarios on both of them and they refunded my money sharply. So why are you speaking against them?
Probably you didn't get it,what I meant was that airtel and etisalat do refund money.
Re: New MTN Scam Method Used To Rob Nigerians, Please Read by JideSM: 9:55am On Jul 31, 2017
rapcy:

Jidesm

Hi rapcy, Greatzeus, Omoedeki, armadeo and swagguElite so sorry that this happened. I will like to use this medium to inform you that I currently run a thread here called the MTN Customer care https://www.nairaland.com/1379574/mtn-customer-care-thread/ where issues like this are discussed. Kindly send your mobile number via private message to enable me look into this. I await your response. Regards

1 Like

Re: New MTN Scam Method Used To Rob Nigerians, Please Read by Mickyyaya: 10:13am On Jul 31, 2017
[quote author=rapcy post=58994516] Do you have any of their valid email address?[/quote

Will look for it in the meantime call 622...it's toll free]
Re: New MTN Scam Method Used To Rob Nigerians, Please Read by Nobody: 11:20am On Jul 31, 2017
the day I wanted to sucribe for 2b on Etisalat now 9mobile, I did it by 11:58pm unknown it was a day plan, at 12 am it stopped. I called customer care and examined to the guy. I begged the guy that I needed to download something. He just said I could have waited till 12.but all the same. He gave me the 20mb and dashed me additional 10mb that night. Mehn I was the happiest.. Mtn is scam

1 Like

Re: New MTN Scam Method Used To Rob Nigerians, Please Read by rapcy(m): 2:40pm On Jul 31, 2017
CHESTER48:
the day I wanted to sucribe for 2b on Etisalat now 9mobile, I did it by 11:58pm unknown it was a day plan, at 12 am it stopped. I called customer care and examined to the guy. I begged the guy that I needed to download something. He just said I could have waited till 12.but all the same. He gave me the 20mb and dashed me additional 10mb that night. Mehn I was the happiest.. Mtn is scam

Funny enough, they USED to be my best network in Nigeria until they started cheating I had to run to Airtel.
Re: New MTN Scam Method Used To Rob Nigerians, Please Read by ismail0007(m): 5:13pm On Jul 31, 2017
They are using all these avenues to make money. On the 20th of this month, I received an SMS that I have subscribed for one Bizcom WAP portal and was charged 50. On the 25th again, I received an alert again that I've been charged 100 for subscribing to monthly audio digest sport monthly. I called their customer care, threatened fire and brimstone, the guy just calmly told me that he's cancelled the subscription but unfortunately he would not be able to return my money

Re: New MTN Scam Method Used To Rob Nigerians, Please Read by armadeo(m): 5:50pm On Jul 31, 2017
This also happened to me.

I bought 2k credit for my line and didn't see the funds. I thought it was network. No show.

Called the bank and they told me that the funds had been sent to mtn.

Called Mon they said it was auto renewal. I was like WTF.

I still had 2gb on my other line why would I need data. They as usual apologised bla bla.

One week later alert for bizwap. Called again and the guy was explaining it to me.

I screamed at him telling him to turn that shit off. 50bucks gone. Am waiting for them now.
Re: New MTN Scam Method Used To Rob Nigerians, Please Read by Nobody: 9:16pm On Jul 31, 2017
I don't blame Mtn, I to some extent blame customers who press their phone n activate unknowingly, I have used Mtn for close to 10yrs, d only time I was charged was when I was looking for music plus free browsing, 2nd Mtn gave charge less activation and compensation to its underpaid agent who turned it to their private biZ, selling charge less data n compensation for unimaginable prices, like 1terabite of 350k 4 5thousand etc, Mtn blocked it n d customer suffers, its not as if they can't escalate cases 4 compensation, but with a target of 180 calls under 8 hours with an average handling time of 140 sec per call, utilization @99% not even 2 sec to catch your breath who bloody cares. u all need to understand what customer care agents go through its like working in hell to survive. show some Love n respect to d agent, #respecttodamaturedcustomers.

1 Like

Re: New MTN Scam Method Used To Rob Nigerians, Please Read by swagguElite(m): 10:40pm On Jul 31, 2017
OYERINDEJ:
I don't blame Mtn, I to some extent blame customers who press their phone n activate unknowingly, I have used Mtn for close to 10yrs, d only time I was charged was when I was looking for music plus free browsing, 2nd Mtn gave charge less activation and compensation to its underpaid agent who turned it to their private biZ, selling charge less data n compensation for unimaginable prices, like 1terabite of 350k 4 5thousand etc, Mtn blocked it n d customer suffers, its not as if they can't escalate cases 4 compensation, but with a target of 180 calls under 8 hours with an average handling time of 140 sec per call, utilization @99% not even 2 sec to catch your breath who bloody cares. u all need to understand what customer care agents go through its like working in hell to survive. show some Love n respect to d agent, #respecttodamaturedcustomers.
you just open your mouth and spill rubbish!

Just because it did not happen to you does not mean it doesn't happen to others ...consider yourself lucky instead of adding to the noise!

I never subscribe for anything on MTN ...because hv had past experience with their captivating message of subscribe for this it is FREE for one week! ..subscribe n u will yur subscription will know no bounds!

I just stopped using my mtn for a week coz I hv like 5sims two airtels one Glo one MTN n one Etisalat! ... Nd interchange dem Every night to enjoy #25 night plan I get like 1.5gb for #75 evry night! ...so I kno why am stacked with sims!

Until recently I inserted my MTN ...to get a number ..then I loaded #200naira card! ... I tried calling it said my balance is low ...checked my balance I could still see my #200

I waited for some time thinking my #200 has not entered their database lol! Foolish me! ... Checked bck didn't see my #200 Nd no message was sent to me ..
I never borrowed _ I hv never subscribe for anytin!

Foolish me again said! ...maybe because i hvnt loaded on the sim in one week! ...so its stomach is feeling empty! ...let me load again! ...dis time around ...I just tried #100

Samething happened! ...no message ...nothing sent to me! ..it was just disappearing! ...i had to remove the sim b4 it starts making the money in my Bank account disappear!

So Abeg don't say its the customer here! ..if yu never experience such ... angry

1 Like

Re: New MTN Scam Method Used To Rob Nigerians, Please Read by Akosxxx(m): 2:52am On Aug 01, 2017
I had a similar experience some days back. I recharged my line to make some really important calls. Although, before then i do get pop up messages on my phone from MTNBackup or whatever it was that my backup process had failed. I didn't worry because i was not having any credit on the line. Behold when i finally recharged, #100 was deducted without any text message stating why it was removed. I wasn't mad because i knew MTN had stolen again from me and sure wasn't going to get back my credit unit or any kind of compensation whatsoever, I was only concerned about further deductions in future so i called the customer care and the guy told me that my #100 was deducted for sim back up (which i never subscribed to). I calmly told the guy to just cancel whatever subscriptions I was having on the line.
MTN forcing their various subscriptions on their network users these days just to raise extra cash for themselves.NIGERIANS BEWARE !
Re: New MTN Scam Method Used To Rob Nigerians, Please Read by ITbomb(m): 7:20am On Aug 01, 2017
Service providers do activate the service for you without your acknowledgement.
Maybe you unknowingly click on the fast pop up to activate a service

Solution : dial *123*5# and check your active mtn services and remove them

See Full procedure and code to stop all networks from deducting money
Re: New MTN Scam Method Used To Rob Nigerians, Please Read by 400billionman: 10:25am On Aug 01, 2017
Greatzeus:
I bought an Mtn Sim for night browsing,I have never inserted it on phone,its always inside my modem.
I transferred N200 to it so I could subscribe for night browsing, few mins later got a message I have subscribed for caller tunez and N50 has been deducted.

Haha

How does the night browsing work ?
Re: New MTN Scam Method Used To Rob Nigerians, Please Read by rapcy(m): 3:17pm On Aug 06, 2017
Sorry guys for not updating, they rectified the issue. They refunded the money. Thanks guys

(1) (Reply)

Problem With Iphone. Need Help Please! / Benefits On 2go Chatting. / Please What Is Wrong With My Tecno P5???

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.