Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,935 members, 7,828,286 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 07:52 AM

Meet The Richest Self Made Woman On Earth That Makes Glass Screens For Iphones - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Meet The Richest Self Made Woman On Earth That Makes Glass Screens For Iphones (631 Views)

One Single Habit That Makes Every Millionaire A Lot Of Money / Pic. Meet The First Nigerian Woman To Serve As A Lieutenant In The Israeli Army. / Top 10 Richest Lawyers In Nigeria 2017 - Law Repository Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Meet The Richest Self Made Woman On Earth That Makes Glass Screens For Iphones by keemtarn(m): 4:39pm On Jul 30, 2017
47 year old Zhou Qunfei, the founder and CEO of Lens Technology, which makes glass screens for iPhones is the richest self-made woman on earth.
Her net worth has been estimated at over $9 billion which makes Zhou not only the youngest self-made female billionaire, but also the richest self-made woman on earth.

For those who don’t know, Zhou grew up on a farm and dropped out of high school at the age of 16 to start working on the floor of a watch lens factory. She came of age at the perfect time to get in early on China’s liberalizing market.

With only a few thousand dollars, she founded her own company making watch lenses in 1993, at the age of 22.

According to Zhou in an interview with Times back in 2015, “dduring the period of China’s rapid economic growth, there were plenty of opportunities for entrepreneurs, including women, It allowed me to develop my business. In the village where I grew up, a lot of girls didn’t have a choice of whether to go to middle school. They would get engaged or married and spend their entire life in that village”.

Today, Zhou’s company, Lens Technology now has at least 32 factories in seven different locations and employs more than 90,000 staff. She is married with two children. She works 18-hour days, and keeps a living quarters in her office.

Re: Meet The Richest Self Made Woman On Earth That Makes Glass Screens For Iphones by elantraceey(f): 4:49pm On Jul 30, 2017
And I've not made my first billion yet and they're saying I should be sleeping for 8 hours, how possible!
Re: Meet The Richest Self Made Woman On Earth That Makes Glass Screens For Iphones by keemtarn(m): 4:54pm On Jul 30, 2017
elantraceey:
And I've not made my first billion yet and they're saying I should be sleeping for 8 hours, how possible!
grin grin No mind dem Jor. U can sleep for 10hours sef went u can no longer count your billions again
Re: Meet The Richest Self Made Woman On Earth That Makes Glass Screens For Iphones by elantraceey(f): 4:57pm On Jul 30, 2017
keemtarn:

grin grin No mind dem Jor. U can sleep for 10hours sef went u can no longer count your billions again

The thing is at that time it might even get worse, you know we humans are insatiable, we always want more grin
Re: Meet The Richest Self Made Woman On Earth That Makes Glass Screens For Iphones by keemtarn(m): 5:00pm On Jul 30, 2017
elantraceey:

The thing is at that time it might even get worse, you know we humans are insatiable, we always want [quote author=elantraceey post=58983111]

The thing is at that time it might even get worse, you know we humans are insatiable, we always want more grin

It's allowed..
*no limits*

(1) (Reply)

Online MBA / Graduate In Lagos And Abeokuta Have You Signed Up For This? / When Employable Age Is Put At 22-27years,older Citizen Suffer Gaining Employment

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.