Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,269 members, 7,818,928 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 08:20 AM

5 Factors To Consider Before You Compete With A Trailer On The Road. - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / 5 Factors To Consider Before You Compete With A Trailer On The Road. (14834 Views)

Trailer On Fire On River Niger Bridge, Onitsha (Photos) / Driver And Passenger Trapped Inside Trailer On Lagos-Ibadan Expressway / IMSU Student Crushed To Death By Trailer On His Way To Exam This Morning (Pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

5 Factors To Consider Before You Compete With A Trailer On The Road. by autojosh: 7:16pm On Jul 30, 2017
Some of us are fond of competing with trailers on the road… and our panel beaters over-bill us after our over-skill fails. I have been bitten once, so now, I avoid them like.. I don’t want trouble.

During the first-to-go competition, several drivers get carried away with the aim of being the winner until they lose big time.. heading to the repair shop after plenty “I beg Sir”.

For me, my therapy is to think of my safety. So, I just let them go. Let’s talk about some of the things you should remember before you compete, probably, they could help you too:

Trailer Drivers Are Reckless And Aggressive
Most trailer drivers are aggressive and reckless when behind the wheels.. especially when driving under the influence of what you might call it. This is evidenced by the number of trailers reported in road accidents on a daily basis.

So if you want to compete, look for your mate.

They May Not Even See You
Those trailers have enormous blind spots. This is a major reason they usually have motor boys (Co-pilot).. Some co-pilots that can’t drive. I hardly trust their judgement. Some of them will just tell the driver to be coming.. be coming.. until you hear…

Your Vehicle Could Get Damaged
When this happened to me several years back, I then took the car to a panel beater who even caused more damage to the car. I never believed the guy would use sharp metal rod to puncture the body of the car that was smoothly dented by the trailer’s tyre.

They Can Waste Your Time
A minute waiting time can save you several hours of delay. The sad thing is, those trailers don’t even leave small dents.. they damage your car well so you guys can argue for hours and you’ll spend additional time at the repair shop. After spending the time, you’ll still spend the money.

Your Life Is At Stake
Even if you don’t love yourself, AutoJosh loves you. So please think twice and drive with caution. Many have been killed, containers have falling on several others. Avoid driving beside them even in traffic. It’s either you are behind them or you are in front running for your dear life.

Please don’t misconstrue, I am not saying you should be timid on the road and park anytime you hear the word “Trailer”.. A smart driver will know when to go and an excellent driver will know when to hold back. Strike a balance and be a safety conscious driver.

I am sure you have gone through this ordeal before. So, add your consolation strategy let’s learn from you too.

https://autojosh.com/x-factor-to-consider-before-you-compete-with-a-trailer-on-the-road/

Lalasticlala
Mynd44
Ishilove
Marpol
Semid4lyfe
Obinoscopy
Seun

13 Likes

Re: 5 Factors To Consider Before You Compete With A Trailer On The Road. by BiafraBushBoy(m): 7:18pm On Jul 30, 2017
I will only overtake a trailer, when I know that the coast is already clear.

Not scares me than riding side by side with a trailer carrying a container....

I am always terrified!!

17 Likes

Re: 5 Factors To Consider Before You Compete With A Trailer On The Road. by auntysimbiat(f): 7:26pm On Jul 30, 2017
TRUCK ACCIDENT ON BENIN - SAPELE ROAD

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LYwuMajuqos
Re: 5 Factors To Consider Before You Compete With A Trailer On The Road. by johnwizey: 7:32pm On Jul 30, 2017
Made me remember the first tym i drove on a highway, all was going well until i cited this dangote trailer coming behind me with full speed. I quickly parked and even got out of the car before it got to me, i cannor cum and die. I saw the motor boy laffing at me as the idiot driver speed passed me. The swear wey i gv that driver that day no be here. I had to call my bro to cum drive the car cos i no ft but i still fear dem trailer till now

59 Likes 3 Shares

Re: 5 Factors To Consider Before You Compete With A Trailer On The Road. by Obinoscopy(m): 9:48pm On Jul 30, 2017
The way those heavy duty trucks enter the expressway from the service lane is scary. They just plunge into the expressway without caring which oncoming vehicle is along that path......except of course if the incoming vehicle is a heavy duty of similar size grin

6 Likes

Re: 5 Factors To Consider Before You Compete With A Trailer On The Road. by vizkiz: 9:49pm On Jul 30, 2017
Compete with a trailer?

On which road? Even after blowing your horn several times those sons of bìtches still wouldn't maintain a lane grin

8 Likes

Re: 5 Factors To Consider Before You Compete With A Trailer On The Road. by Drdreluv: 9:49pm On Jul 30, 2017
take ur insurance
Re: 5 Factors To Consider Before You Compete With A Trailer On The Road. by eluquenson(m): 9:50pm On Jul 30, 2017
That's why I don't like driving beside trailers, I prefer staying behind before overtaking through the left if need be.

1 Like

Re: 5 Factors To Consider Before You Compete With A Trailer On The Road. by blessedweapon(m): 9:51pm On Jul 30, 2017
In Igbo we call trailers: ogbu Onye mgbe ndu n'agu ya

6 Likes

Re: 5 Factors To Consider Before You Compete With A Trailer On The Road. by Nobody: 9:51pm On Jul 30, 2017
My life is more precious, not just for me, but for those who I'm meant to help in life.. I dare not because of lateness become late in life. Why the hurry? I'd rather follow them from the back than make a seconds mistake that will ruin everything.

www.entmirror.com
Home Of Entrepreneurs

4 Likes

Re: 5 Factors To Consider Before You Compete With A Trailer On The Road. by Sabergol99(m): 9:52pm On Jul 30, 2017
There's only one factor you should consider - Your damn life!!!

1 Like

Re: 5 Factors To Consider Before You Compete With A Trailer On The Road. by alphasperm(m): 9:52pm On Jul 30, 2017
h,
Re: 5 Factors To Consider Before You Compete With A Trailer On The Road. by luvinhubby(m): 9:52pm On Jul 30, 2017
johnwizey:
Made me remember the first tym i drove on a highway, all was going well until i cited this dangote trailer coming behind me with full speed. I quickly parked and even got out of the car before it got to me, i cannor cum and die. I saw the motor boy laffing at me as the idiot driver speed passed me. The swear wey i gv that driver that day no be here. I had to call my bro to cum drive the car cos i no ft but i still fear dem trailer till now

How old are you?

5 Likes

Re: 5 Factors To Consider Before You Compete With A Trailer On The Road. by princeakins(m): 9:53pm On Jul 30, 2017
vizkiz:
Compete with a trailer?

On which road? Even after blowing your horn several times those sons of bìtches still wouldn't maintain a lane grin

Y u dey shine teeth?

Ma join u tho grin

3 Likes

Re: 5 Factors To Consider Before You Compete With A Trailer On The Road. by lonelydora: 9:53pm On Jul 30, 2017
Ok
Re: 5 Factors To Consider Before You Compete With A Trailer On The Road. by Marveleuphoria: 9:54pm On Jul 30, 2017
Dangote., Mack., Daf

when u hear dis names for road abeg give dem chance. some of the drivers can drive anyhow. don't compete
just mind ur business.
Re: 5 Factors To Consider Before You Compete With A Trailer On The Road. by vizkiz: 9:54pm On Jul 30, 2017
princeakins:

Y u dey shine teeth?

Ma join u tho grin

My brother from another mother.
Re: 5 Factors To Consider Before You Compete With A Trailer On The Road. by hazan041(m): 9:54pm On Jul 30, 2017
johnwizey:

a kikikikikikikikiki.......laughing in Spanish grin
johnwizey:

a kikikikikikikikiki.......laughing in Spanish

1 Like

Re: 5 Factors To Consider Before You Compete With A Trailer On The Road. by ibkayee(f): 9:55pm On Jul 30, 2017
I always leave at least a mile between my car and big trucks, trailers etc

Terrified of them on the road

1 Like

Re: 5 Factors To Consider Before You Compete With A Trailer On The Road. by Nobody: 9:57pm On Jul 30, 2017
Lol
Re: 5 Factors To Consider Before You Compete With A Trailer On The Road. by godson4u79(m): 9:57pm On Jul 30, 2017
Haaa... You can lie for Africa
johnwizey:

2 Likes

Re: 5 Factors To Consider Before You Compete With A Trailer On The Road. by chrisxxx(m): 9:59pm On Jul 30, 2017
To me right or wrong no contest with trailer. It may be too later to say sorry.
Re: 5 Factors To Consider Before You Compete With A Trailer On The Road. by brainhack(m): 10:06pm On Jul 30, 2017
autojosh:

They May Not Even See You
Those trailers have enormous blind spots. This is a major reason they usually have motor boys (Co-pilot).. Some co-pilots that can’t drive. I hardly trust their judgement. Some of them will just tell the driver to be coming.. be coming.. until you hear… oyá wó le wá.. wó le wá cheesy cheesy cheesy

Re: 5 Factors To Consider Before You Compete With A Trailer On The Road. by Nobody: 10:06pm On Jul 30, 2017
luvinhubby:

How old are you?
You be HR?
They're always interested in age.

4 Likes

Re: 5 Factors To Consider Before You Compete With A Trailer On The Road. by cmpunk: 10:15pm On Jul 30, 2017
So far d road is good and clear and I can see what is ahead, behind, beside and the driving nature / pattern of the trailer , I will never stay behind them. I must surely overtake with my horn and headlights if necessary!

2 Likes

Re: 5 Factors To Consider Before You Compete With A Trailer On The Road. by Nobody: 10:19pm On Jul 30, 2017
Don't compete with Trailers... except the road is wide enough to over take!
Re: 5 Factors To Consider Before You Compete With A Trailer On The Road. by mejai(m): 10:31pm On Jul 30, 2017
OP, another factor is braking distance. some are fond of 'chancing' others only to swerve and stop in front of trailer. Men, d screeching and gbosa sound no be here o.

1 Like

Re: 5 Factors To Consider Before You Compete With A Trailer On The Road. by OkoYibo: 10:35pm On Jul 30, 2017
Ironically, when the accident pictured in the OP's post happened, the Police PRO advised vehicles to about container trucks.

People tackled him heavily, but I picked sense in what he said.
Re: 5 Factors To Consider Before You Compete With A Trailer On The Road. by cmpunk: 10:38pm On Jul 30, 2017
mejai:
OP, another factor is braking distance. some are fond of 'chancing' others only to swerve and stop in front of trailer. Men, d screeching and gbosa sound no be here o.

very true.

Also ensure your car is sound so as not to get stuck midway.
Re: 5 Factors To Consider Before You Compete With A Trailer On The Road. by Nobody: 10:40pm On Jul 30, 2017
johnwizey:
LOL

(1) (2) (Reply)

Which Is The Most Beautiful State In Nigeria? / 28 Nigerians Deported From Italy,belgium / Nigeria Commences Process To Kick-start New National Airline..

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.