Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,281 members, 7,839,386 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 06:20 PM

Vocational Skill Idea For Children(6yr Old And Above) - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Vocational Skill Idea For Children(6yr Old And Above) (726 Views)

Chukwuka Utazi: In Africa, We Marry For Children Not Love / I'm 35 Years Old And I Already Feel Like A Failure In Life / I'm 22 Years Old And A Burden On My Family, I'm Thinking Of Leaving Home. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Vocational Skill Idea For Children(6yr Old And Above) by whodeyhere: 12:08pm On Jul 31, 2017
I have a 6yr old boy and I will already like to get him to learn some vocational skills in this holiday period that maybe beneficial to him in the future, I am also considering engaging him in some sport as well.

Please note that this will only be on part time basis, during holiday & weekends.

I'll appreciate your invaluable suggestions.

Thanks
Re: Vocational Skill Idea For Children(6yr Old And Above) by mamadsquare: 1:41pm On Jul 31, 2017
Is his school not offering any holiday coaching in preparation for next term?
To answer your question, if you can afford it, get a good computer programmer to teach him from the basics, or get a language instructor to coach him in a foreign language like French, German, Spanish and the likes.
The above may not seem like vocations, but the typical nigerian vocational training centre may not be very suitable for a 6 year old. If you do find a good centre however, what are the hobbies your child has expressed, say cooking, decoration, photography, sketching and drawing, playing instruments and so on, that should guide you on what to enrol him for.
Hope this helps.

1 Like

Re: Vocational Skill Idea For Children(6yr Old And Above) by whodeyhere: 4:22pm On Jul 31, 2017
mamadsquare:
Is his school not offering any holiday coaching in preparation for next term?
To answer your question, if you can afford it, get a good computer programmer to teach him from the basics, or get a language instructor to coach him in a foreign language like French, German, Spanish and the likes.
The above may not seem like vocations, but the typical nigerian vocational training centre may not be very suitable for a 6 year old. If you do find a good centre however, what are the hobbies your child has expressed, say cooking, decoration, photography, sketching and drawing, playing instruments and so on, that should guide you on what to enrol him for.
Hope this helps.

Many thanks, I like the programming idea & computer software thing, cooking & foreign language is also not a bad idea. I agree with you about the conduct of the normal traditional vocational centre(i will definitely not want my boy to go there).

The whole essence for me is to give him something like a hobby/skill to hold on to probably make money from it in the future, he watches cartoon all the time and i want him to spend that time on something more productive.

As for the holiday coaching, I really he has had enough of book time in school, so he can digress a little(fun) for a while.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

FOR THE LADIES:: 5 Powerful Ways To Please Your Man In Bed / After 27 Years Of Marriage, 57-year-old Nigerian Woman Welcomes A Set Of Twins / Did I Handle This Well Please Read

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.