Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,675 members, 7,820,371 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 01:49 PM

Turn On Your Phone's Kill Switch So It's Useless If Stolen - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Turn On Your Phone's Kill Switch So It's Useless If Stolen (1894 Views)

How To Block All Bank ATM Card In Nigeria If Stolen/lost With Code / 'putting Your Phone On Alarm Can Save Your Phone If Stolen' / Ahmed Indimi: Glo Is The Most Useless Network In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Turn On Your Phone's Kill Switch So It's Useless If Stolen by giftedben: 7:30am On Aug 01, 2017
A stolen smartphone can ruin anyone’s day, though our smartphones’ built-in anti-theft software seems to be working.
These requires manufacturers like Google and Apple to include theft-deterring software. Most of it is packaged in the form of activation locks and remote device erasure software. It’s already in your phone, and it’s incredibly easy to make sure it’s actually on.

iOS: Find My iPhone
Every iPhone associated with an iCloud account features both Find My iPhone, which lets you track your device’s last known location, and Activation Lock, a feature requiring you to enter the associated username and password on the device.If you’re selling your phone or giving the device to a friend, you can turn Activation Lock off after both turning Find My iPhone off and removing your account from the device itself. If your phone is stolen, Activation Lock will stop ne’er-do-wells from associating the phone with their own account, making it a useless slab of glass and aluminum.

Android: Find My Device
Find My Device Is Google’s device tracking software, accessible in your phone’s settings page. Open Settings > Google > Security, then turn on “Remotely locate this device” and “Allow remote lock and erase.” From there, you can locate your device from any browser you’re signed into. Just Google “find my phone” and if your Find My Device software is enabled, it should display its latest location.You’ll also need to unhide your device from Google Play.Visit Google Play’s settings page and toggle your device’s visibility there.If your thief happens to factory reset the device in order to claim it for their own, they’ll have to prove they’re you. According to Google, “You can sign in with any Google Account previously added and synced to the device as an account or user, but not as a guest. If you can’t give this information during setup, you won’t be able to use the device at all after factory reset.”

Re: Turn On Your Phone's Kill Switch So It's Useless If Stolen by agitator: 7:34am On Aug 01, 2017
What happen if you lost it and found by a kind hearted person who wants to return the phone?
Re: Turn On Your Phone's Kill Switch So It's Useless If Stolen by Xtianvic(m): 7:35am On Aug 01, 2017
Wow
Re: Turn On Your Phone's Kill Switch So It's Useless If Stolen by daewoorazer(m): 12:19pm On Aug 01, 2017
Lalasticlala

Fp material... People need to do this... Encourages patriotism... No to phone heists
Re: Turn On Your Phone's Kill Switch So It's Useless If Stolen by Deejinee: 7:26pm On Aug 01, 2017
Only useful when the phone has access to data network. Otherwise.. It's useless.

Also useless when the phone is wiped/flashed.
Re: Turn On Your Phone's Kill Switch So It's Useless If Stolen by Infidan(m): 10:30pm On Aug 01, 2017
cheesy. see una

wey men like us

Da bust am
bust any Google lock
like say an nothing
nice writeup op
Re: Turn On Your Phone's Kill Switch So It's Useless If Stolen by MarkWayne89: 2:02pm On Aug 02, 2017
agitator:
What happen if you lost it and found by a kind hearted person who wants to return the phone?

Valid argument.

(1) (Reply)

Google Play Store / My Iphone 6 For Sale / Redmi Vs Realme

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.