Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,176 members, 7,815,114 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 07:30 AM

'putting Your Phone On Alarm Can Save Your Phone If Stolen' - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / 'putting Your Phone On Alarm Can Save Your Phone If Stolen' (31385 Views)

Will Anything Happen To My Android Phone If I Left It Unused For 6 Months? / I want to buy phone if you know you sell UK used phone get in here / Throw Away Your Mobile Phone If U You Haven't Done This (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

'putting Your Phone On Alarm Can Save Your Phone If Stolen' by Nobody: 1:21pm On Apr 22, 2019
Putting your phone on alarm can save your phone if stolen.

Normally, when you set your phone on alarm, even if the phone is switched off it will ring.

It happened some time ago, when I left my phone on charge before going to bed. Wake up in the morning, and to my vast surprise I couldn't find it. On daily basis, I will set two alarms. One - 5am for going for lectures, and the other 4pm - for reading.

This time, I slept very early, got up early to go and urinate, and checked for the phone. It wasn't there.

At exactly 3:23am, I woke my roommates up, asked them whether they saw the phone I plugged on charge. The obvious answers, I got from them were, 'No', 'I thought it was there' and 'I saw it there when I came back from class.' I searched, searched and searched all over but didn't find it. Called my line - it was switched off.

Cutting it short, at exactly 5:00am, my phone started ringing from unknown source. It ranged continuously until I was about able trace it. I found the phone in a bag of rice, inside a full bag rice. And the person who even took the phone assisted me vigorously, telling me where to search for the phone.

Apparently, the guy that hid the phone was waiting for daybreak so that he can go and sell it to someone else. But then the alarm got him busted!

So guys, you see the power of setting your phone on alarm. Even if you can't track it, for as long as your alarm is 'ON' and it is close-by, it will ring. Please share this to your loved ones.

201 Likes 9 Shares

Re: 'putting Your Phone On Alarm Can Save Your Phone If Stolen' by Nobody: 1:26pm On Apr 22, 2019

76 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 'putting Your Phone On Alarm Can Save Your Phone If Stolen' by kingxsamz(m): 1:41pm On Apr 22, 2019
What if it doesn't ring at the time the phone was stolen?
Unless you would set your alarm to ring every five minutes, and doing that you'll get tired of hearing it. No be person go even tell u say make u off am.

59 Likes 4 Shares

Re: 'putting Your Phone On Alarm Can Save Your Phone If Stolen' by kingxsamz(m): 1:43pm On Apr 22, 2019
FarFromAverage:
That day, I gave that boy the severe beating of his life.
Why? He wasn't trying to steal your phone na.

51 Likes

Re: 'putting Your Phone On Alarm Can Save Your Phone If Stolen' by Nobody: 1:51pm On Apr 22, 2019
kingxsamz:
What if it doesn't ring at the time the phone was stolen?

Unless you would set your alarm to ring every five minutes, and doing that you'll get tired of hearing it. No be person go even tell u say make u off am.

3 Likes

Re: 'putting Your Phone On Alarm Can Save Your Phone If Stolen' by Nobody: 1:56pm On Apr 22, 2019
FarFromAverage:
Very true Op!!
Similar thing also happened to me. My junior brother took my phone when I was sleeping and started playing games with it. I got up from sleep, searched everywhere for the phone and wasn't able to find it. Exactly 6:10am the phone's alarm rang. Guess where he hid the phone? Under d chair.
That day, I gave that boy the severe beating of his life.

cheesy
Re: 'putting Your Phone On Alarm Can Save Your Phone If Stolen' by chinavs9ja(m): 4:25pm On Apr 22, 2019
Really

Get your e-commerce website today at cheaper price...check my signature
Re: 'putting Your Phone On Alarm Can Save Your Phone If Stolen' by Kelklein(m): 4:26pm On Apr 22, 2019
yours was only a rare lucky case..

them go don hail ur phone before the next alarm..

24 Likes

Re: 'putting Your Phone On Alarm Can Save Your Phone If Stolen' by elotajohn1(m): 4:26pm On Apr 22, 2019
Oga alarm or no alarm, phone wey go loss go loss. You were just lucky

53 Likes

Re: 'putting Your Phone On Alarm Can Save Your Phone If Stolen' by NOBODYY: 4:27pm On Apr 22, 2019
Something similar happened back then in unilorin.
One idiot steal my guy phone for hostel.. He now switched it off. It was a two storey building. And I know my guy usually have alarm set for all these Muslim prayer time.. So I told him not to worry that he should not tell anyone of this plan or idea and we should divide ourselves across diffrent stairs.. When time for prayer reach na hin phone start to dey shout before the legend fit sharply turn the alarm off he don cast grin grin cheesy

54 Likes 1 Share

Re: 'putting Your Phone On Alarm Can Save Your Phone If Stolen' by Nobody: 4:27pm On Apr 22, 2019
What if the battery is removed. You never jam Better thief. Infact, right away the phone is stolen, he will have it flashed manually and remove the sim.

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 'putting Your Phone On Alarm Can Save Your Phone If Stolen' by Bonapart(m): 4:27pm On Apr 22, 2019
You don meanit

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 'putting Your Phone On Alarm Can Save Your Phone If Stolen' by Kjk1g3: 4:28pm On Apr 22, 2019
Hh

1 Share

Re: 'putting Your Phone On Alarm Can Save Your Phone If Stolen' by oduademon: 4:28pm On Apr 22, 2019
OP is probably Yiiebo; no common sense

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 'putting Your Phone On Alarm Can Save Your Phone If Stolen' by kinzation(m): 4:28pm On Apr 22, 2019
Facebook page with 11k likes urgently for sale contact 08139789569 or whatsapp 08128859356
Re: 'putting Your Phone On Alarm Can Save Your Phone If Stolen' by Denikayan: 4:29pm On Apr 22, 2019
Just put kolanut and honey inside your pocket. The alarm wont work.

1 Like

Re: 'putting Your Phone On Alarm Can Save Your Phone If Stolen' by PotatoSalad(m): 4:30pm On Apr 22, 2019
Losing my 2 weeks old Samsung galaxy S9 taught me one lesson; Material things will pass away. After all efforts to find my phone, I just performed a remote wipe via Google and moved on. I got another one but became more careful with my smartphone. OP you're lucky

22 Likes 1 Share

Re: 'putting Your Phone On Alarm Can Save Your Phone If Stolen' by Gforce2019: 4:31pm On Apr 22, 2019
Is that all about your childish story?

This story is not meant for us living in Ikoyi....

Next.

1 Like

Re: 'putting Your Phone On Alarm Can Save Your Phone If Stolen' by Ozkar: 4:32pm On Apr 22, 2019
Nice. You were just fortunate though. What if the theft happens after last alarm and hours before the next one? If it starts ringing after the person has since gone away, the alarm isn't going to do much.

4 Likes

Re: 'putting Your Phone On Alarm Can Save Your Phone If Stolen' by Gforce2019: 4:32pm On Apr 22, 2019
AgamaProf:
What if the battery is removed. You never jam Better thief. Infact, right away the phone is stolen, he will have it flashed manually and remove the sim.

Ogbologbo!

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: 'putting Your Phone On Alarm Can Save Your Phone If Stolen' by Nobody: 4:32pm On Apr 22, 2019
Like seriously undecided
Re: 'putting Your Phone On Alarm Can Save Your Phone If Stolen' by mcevans1(m): 4:33pm On Apr 22, 2019
It doesn't apply to all phones

2 Likes

Re: 'putting Your Phone On Alarm Can Save Your Phone If Stolen' by justmi1: 4:34pm On Apr 22, 2019
Another means would be deviced jhor, abi alarm go blow without battery inside the phone

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: 'putting Your Phone On Alarm Can Save Your Phone If Stolen' by SheldonCooper: 4:35pm On Apr 22, 2019
It is just a simple way that can work. Guys relax. Which anti theft system have guys not broken in this world?

2 Likes

Re: 'putting Your Phone On Alarm Can Save Your Phone If Stolen' by johnemeka(m): 4:38pm On Apr 22, 2019
Ok
Re: 'putting Your Phone On Alarm Can Save Your Phone If Stolen' by KingAzari: 4:38pm On Apr 22, 2019
BS.
Re: 'putting Your Phone On Alarm Can Save Your Phone If Stolen' by Nackzy: 4:39pm On Apr 22, 2019
Pridestorm:
Putting your phone on alarm can save your phone if stolen.

Normally, when you set your phone on alarm, even if the phone is switched off it will ring.

It happened some time ago, when I left my phone on charge before going to bed. Wake up in the morning, and to my vast surprise I couldn't find it. On daily basis, I will set two alarms. One - 5am for going for lectures, and the other 4pm - for reading.

This time, I slept very early, got up early to go and urinate, and checked for the phone. It wasn't there.

At exactly 3:23am, I woke my roommates up, asked them whether they saw the phone I plugged on charge. The obvious answers, I got from them were, 'No', 'I thought it was there' and 'I saw it there when I came back from class.' I searched, searched and searched all over but didn't find it. Called my line - it was switched off.

Cutting it short, at exactly 5:00am, my phone started ringing from unknown source. It ranged continuously until I was about able trace it. I found the phone in a bag of rice, inside a full bag rice. And the person who even took the phone assisted me vigorously, telling me where to search for the phone.

Apparently, the guy that hid the phone was waiting for daybreak so that he can go and sell it to someone else. But then the alarm got him busted!

So guys, you see the power of setting your phone on alarm. Even if you can't track it, for as long as your alarm is 'ON' and it is close-by, it will ring. Please share this to your loved ones.

Cc: seun dominique lalasticlala
OP What kind of Alarm will that be, you will tell the phone to Activated the alarm only when the phone is stolen...I think that will be something phone producers should take as a case study n try to work on it

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 'putting Your Phone On Alarm Can Save Your Phone If Stolen' by SIRKAY98(m): 4:40pm On Apr 22, 2019
Yes it was becuase the phone had in built battery

1 Like

Re: 'putting Your Phone On Alarm Can Save Your Phone If Stolen' by Nobody: 4:41pm On Apr 22, 2019
AgamaProf:
Haaaa, I dey fear u aswear

5 Likes

Re: 'putting Your Phone On Alarm Can Save Your Phone If Stolen' by Nobody: 4:41pm On Apr 22, 2019
Lol my iPhone doesn’t do that

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Ladies And Photo Filters Addiction. / Samsung Leads In 5G Smartphones In Q1 2020 / Six(6) Budget Friendly Tecno Phantom 5 Alternatives.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.