Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,160,436 members, 7,843,326 topics. Date: Tuesday, 28 May 2024 at 11:01 PM

Toyota Rav 4 Brain Box Issue - Car Talk (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Toyota Rav 4 Brain Box Issue (13355 Views)

My Toyota Corolla's Brain Box Has Been Stolen! / The Historical Events Of Toyota RAV 4 / Need Help With Possible Brain Box Issue (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Toyota Rav 4 Brain Box Issue by GAZZUZZ(m): 9:25pm On Aug 25, 2017
journey to the imobilizer begins.

its behind the dashboard.

1 Like

Re: Toyota Rav 4 Brain Box Issue by thaqib(m): 10:20pm On Aug 26, 2017
Following.
Re: Toyota Rav 4 Brain Box Issue by 3kay945(m): 10:23pm On Aug 26, 2017
Anticipating update...,
Re: Toyota Rav 4 Brain Box Issue by GAZZUZZ(m): 10:32pm On Aug 26, 2017
almost at there.......

we continue next week.

Re: Toyota Rav 4 Brain Box Issue by gly2ken: 9:00pm On Aug 27, 2017
I had exactly thesame experience last two months ago with my rav 4 2004 model. This problem is common to rav 4 you can confirm it in on google. The solution is to buy a new brain box, further more you battery is already bad. I repeat stop doing trial and error, buy new brain box.
Re: Toyota Rav 4 Brain Box Issue by nurey(m): 9:07pm On Aug 27, 2017
gly2ken:
I had exactly thesame experience last two months ago with my rav 4 2004 model. This problem is common to rav 4 you can confirm it in on google. The solution is to buy a new brain box, further more you battery is already bad. I repeat stop doing trial and error, buy new brain box.

Awon ti professor peller, inner eyes others can't see. Tuale sir

2 Likes

Re: Toyota Rav 4 Brain Box Issue by ugreat(m): 9:08am On Aug 28, 2017
Op,pls change the topic to 'When Gazzuzz takes over Rav4 brain box issue' !
Re: Toyota Rav 4 Brain Box Issue by Lexit: 12:46pm On Aug 28, 2017
dudebuck:
no codes doesn't mean no problem, but you must use a high level scan tool check if all the signals ie the cam shaft position sensor signal, crank shaft position sensor signal, etc. But before then, for an engine to start it needs three things, spark fuel and air, you must find out the missing component to get a direction. If no fuel, then check the fuel pump and find out why it isn't running. If no spark is present, find out why the ECU is not powering the plugs.
Thanks for your concern. Nevertheless, the car has already been scanned and a good hand, Gazzuzz, is busy sorting it out based on the scan result.
Re: Toyota Rav 4 Brain Box Issue by Lexit: 12:46pm On Aug 28, 2017
ugreat:
Op,pls change the topic to 'When Gazzuzz takes over Rav4 brain box issue' !
LOL grin grin
Re: Toyota Rav 4 Brain Box Issue by GAZZUZZ(m): 3:58pm On Aug 28, 2017
finally we can get the part number and serial.

Re: Toyota Rav 4 Brain Box Issue by GAZZUZZ(m): 4:01pm On Aug 28, 2017
immobilizer was mounted behind the A/C evaporator

Re: Toyota Rav 4 Brain Box Issue by Lexit: 5:02pm On Aug 28, 2017
Gazzuzz, thanks for the prompt update. I should get the parts ready tomorrow as discussed. I really appreciate your help bro.
Re: Toyota Rav 4 Brain Box Issue by GAZZUZZ(m): 12:34pm On Aug 29, 2017
interesting turn of events.

this is is how the alternator connections should be normally for this toyota.

1 Like

Re: Toyota Rav 4 Brain Box Issue by GAZZUZZ(m): 12:42pm On Aug 29, 2017
Lexit:
Nairalanders please come to my help. My Toyota Rav 4 2007 model had alternator issue days ago, which required I take it for repair. When it was time to fix it back, the guy fixing it made a mistake in the wires connecting the alternator's socket . The battery charges again but would drain after parking it for some minutes. When I took it to an electrician (rewire) he complained about the spark on the battery saying it was too much. He tried checking the cause of the battery drain by checking all the fuses in the car with no solution. When it was getting to night time yesterday, he asked me to go with the car and return today. We managed start the car and on my way going back home, the car went off on the motion. I tried starting it; it cranked but not coming up till my battery drained off again. I looked for another electrician this morning to help look into the situation. The guy checked the plug, fuel supply and other things that might make it start. Later on he discovered that the CHECK ENGINE light, which should come up with other lights on the dashboard when the ignition is turned on does not show. He then concluded that the brain box is bad. According to him, if the check light engine does not show with other lights on the dashboard when the ignition is turned on, the car cannot start. He already removed the brain box but I am finding it difficult to believe it is the culprit.

Any one with an idea of what could be wrong with my car?
cc: honmusa, nurey, gaz.zuzz

the connections on the car were nothing close to what is specified above. car came looking like this.

Re: Toyota Rav 4 Brain Box Issue by GAZZUZZ(m): 12:45pm On Aug 29, 2017
long story short, returnd the conections back to normal, replaced the alternator started the car, and its running fine.

Re: Toyota Rav 4 Brain Box Issue by GAZZUZZ(m): 12:59pm On Aug 29, 2017
who does this to a 2007 CRV?

Re: Toyota Rav 4 Brain Box Issue by GAZZUZZ(m): 1:14pm On Aug 29, 2017
there are times you just get tired of peoples negligence.

decided to take car for a spin, and thought I should check fluids.

Re: Toyota Rav 4 Brain Box Issue by thebigkendo(m): 1:34pm On Aug 29, 2017
GAZZUZZ:
who does this to a 2007 CRV?

kazeem!!! its call conversion!!!! Oga e go work...
Re: Toyota Rav 4 Brain Box Issue by mayor2013: 1:55pm On Aug 29, 2017
This scenario is little. Is this the transmission fluid. When you tell them to go get another transmission. They begin to angry
Re: Toyota Rav 4 Brain Box Issue by GAZZUZZ(m): 2:09pm On Aug 29, 2017
mayor2013:
This scenario is little. Is this the transmission fluid. When you tell them to go get another transmission. They begin to angry

engine oil
Re: Toyota Rav 4 Brain Box Issue by AutoElectNG: 2:56pm On Aug 29, 2017
GAZZUZZ:
finally we can get the part number and serial.

Did you replace the immo?

The account does not make it clear, or was it a wiring problem between the immo and the ecm and the alternator.

1 Like

Re: Toyota Rav 4 Brain Box Issue by AutoElectNG: 3:08pm On Aug 29, 2017
Inception:

You can have expensive tools and diagnostic machines and still mess things up. Understanding how systems work from first principles is the most invaluable tool any technician can ever own. In fact a 5 dollar 'Chinese' scanner will give me the same result you are explaining here: It will simply not power up! grin

1 Like

Re: Toyota Rav 4 Brain Box Issue by GAZZUZZ(m): 3:13pm On Aug 29, 2017
AutoElectNG:

Did you replace the immo?

The account does not make it clear, or was it a wiring problem between the immo and the ecm and the alternator.

wiring issues. just put everything right again. replaced alternator.
Re: Toyota Rav 4 Brain Box Issue by AutoElectNG: 3:18pm On Aug 29, 2017
GAZZUZZ:

Cool!
Re: Toyota Rav 4 Brain Box Issue by Inception(m): 3:40pm On Aug 29, 2017
GAZZUZZ:

engine oil

grin
Re: Toyota Rav 4 Brain Box Issue by Inception(m): 3:41pm On Aug 29, 2017
GAZZUZZ:

the connections on the car were nothing close to what is specified above. car came looking like this.

E be like say na 'manual' compressor dem be put for dia cheesy
Re: Toyota Rav 4 Brain Box Issue by GAZZUZZ(m): 3:51pm On Aug 29, 2017
Inception:

E be like say na 'manual' compressor dem be put for dia cheesy

live and direct.
Re: Toyota Rav 4 Brain Box Issue by 3kay945(m): 10:25pm On Aug 29, 2017
Thank God the car is working now!!! Am happy. cool
Re: Toyota Rav 4 Brain Box Issue by Lexit: 8:43pm On Aug 30, 2017
Waoh, where do I start? Firstly, thanks to Oga Gazzuzz for the good job well done. If not for him, my car might not yet have a solution by now. To all the house, Gazzuzz refused to collect a dime for the job even despite all I tried doing to at least give him something. His type is rare here.
And to all who showed concern, I'm grateful. The likes of mayor2013, nurey, honmusa, egunmogaji, dudebuck and of course Inception. Autologic expect my visit one of these days to your workshop. 3Kay945, I can imagine your happiness to see the vehicle working again. Thanks. This is indeed a family!
Re: Toyota Rav 4 Brain Box Issue by torres89: 9:42pm On Aug 30, 2017
GAZZUZZ:

so u wasted time and effort dismantling dash board

am glad u solved the problem Sha...

but some people behind me are calling you a technical kazem....

not me o abeg

don't shoot the messenger
Re: Toyota Rav 4 Brain Box Issue by GAZZUZZ(m): 10:01pm On Aug 30, 2017
torres89:

not me o abeg

Sadlly the car had been abused from every angle. before I decided to take down the dash to access the imobilizer, there was no communication between scanner and imobilizer.

meanwhile tell the guys sitting behind you I said their fathers.

1 Like

Re: Toyota Rav 4 Brain Box Issue by mayor2013: 10:01pm On Aug 30, 2017
torres89:

not me o abeg

You call it wasting of time I call it added knowledge. Do you think the automobile engineering field is same as selling beans cake undecided

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Petrol Scarcity Again? It's Time For Nigerians To Go Electric / Weststar Announces The Return Of FIAT To Nigeria, Makers Of Ferrari And Maserati / Reasons Why Steering Wheel Always Hard To Turn

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.