Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,833 members, 7,810,207 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 11:49 PM

Ogun Has The Highest Number Of Quack Doctors - NMA - Health (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Ogun Has The Highest Number Of Quack Doctors - NMA (51645 Views)

31 COVID-19 Deaths: Nigeria Records Highest Number Of Deaths For A Single Day / COVID-19 : 70 New Cases In Lagos, Lagos Mainland Has Highest Number Of Cases / NMA Threatens To Embark On Strike If FG Yield To The Demands Of JOHESU (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ogun Has The Highest Number Of Quack Doctors - NMA by FakoMaybach1: 12:26am On Aug 02, 2017
Movingcoil:
grin
This moved me close to tears, how can someone do that to a child. i swear i fit fight person wey try am for my front
Re: Ogun Has The Highest Number Of Quack Doctors - NMA by Kingkelly44: 2:56am On Aug 02, 2017
NCN reporting life from my bedroom.. Na dem,yes Na dem.. Afonja'z
Re: Ogun Has The Highest Number Of Quack Doctors - NMA by Nobody: 4:31am On Aug 02, 2017
engineerboat:
The Nigeria Medical Association, NMA, in Ogun says the state has the highest number of quacks in the country.

The Chairman of the association in the state, Abayomi Olajide, said this on Tuesday at the group’s Annual General Meeting and Scientific Conference in Abeokuta.

The News Agency of Nigeria reports that the conference had as theme: “Anti-quackery: A seemingly unending battle.’’

He expressed sadness that in spite of the rigorous campaign against quackery, the scourge had continued to plague the profession.

According to him, some members of the association are equally guilty of engaging quacks.

“The war started in Lagos where many facilities were shut down and people started moving toward Ogun State.

“Perhaps, we (Ogun) should be ranked highest nationally as the state that harbours quacks. Maybe, it is because of our proximity to Lagos.

“From what we have seen, there are a lot of them that are thriving within the society,” he said.

Mr. Olajide, who acknowledged the efforts of the state government through its monitoring team, advocated for a task force which would shut down illegal health facilities.

He also called for a collaborative effort of stakeholders in order to stamp out “quacks and charlatans.’’

The forum, he said, was to sensitise the public and also “remind our colleagues of how to manage their territory so that we can actually stamp out quacks in the profession.”

In his address, Emeritus Professor of Medicine, Theophilus Ogunlesi, said the war against quacks ought to have been won a long time ago.

He said governments and stakeholders, however, did not approach it with serious intent.

Mr. Ogunlesi, who was represented by Olusegun Feyisetan, called for a radical approach by ensuring “critical reappraisal and screening of NMA members to battle quacks.’’

Adegboyega Ogunwale, a Consultant Psychiatrist at the Neuropsychiatric Hospital, Aro, Abeokuta, in his lecture, blamed the resurgence of quacks on poor licence strategy, ignorance, poverty, illiteracy, lack of monitoring team and poor facilities.

Mr. Ogunwale said prompt resolution of industrial disputes and adequate investment in the health sector as well as diligent prosecution of offenders would help in stamping out quackery.

Rotimi Ogungbe, a Consultant on Health to the Ogun government, assured medical practitioners of government’s commitment to the fight against quackery.

He, however, challenged the association to “name and shame” quacks among its members and also ensure that medical practitioners improve on quality of service delivery.

(NAN)

www.premiumtimesng.com/news/top-news/238875-nma-names-state-highest-number-quacks-nigeria.html

This is a well known fact. What is the medical board doing about it? If there are no concrete plans to arrest this anomaly, then the medical board are in connivance with these quacks.
Re: Ogun Has The Highest Number Of Quack Doctors - NMA by Nobody: 5:25am On Aug 02, 2017
I am disappointed portharcourt should have carried number 1, At least ogun state dey treat their patients.
Re: Ogun Has The Highest Number Of Quack Doctors - NMA by Nobody: 5:52am On Aug 02, 2017
nnokwa042:
which music ? Afonja music or Ghana music

Afonja grin
Re: Ogun Has The Highest Number Of Quack Doctors - NMA by Gkemz: 7:59am On Aug 02, 2017
The state where alfas and babalawos dey add Dr as title. That's afonja state.
Re: Ogun Has The Highest Number Of Quack Doctors - NMA by jstbeinhonest(m): 9:57am On Aug 02, 2017
Ngokafor:

..You are simply a yoruba person..Because the report is negative,you have find solace in semantics..looking for how 'should be'maybe or 'perhaps shouldnt be taken as fact..

....if they were used on how yorubas are the most brilliant and hardworking now...this thread would have been drenched with owambe party.

Should 'perhaps' and 'should be' be taken as a fact.

You are only ibo and since this article is negative towards the Yorubas, you've found solace in using semantics to defend the report.

If the report was on how 'perhaps' Imo state should be ranked number one in Child Trafficking, Im sure there would be yell to heavens about Lagos-Ibadan media is 'tarnishing' and 'marginalizing' ibos with 'propaganda'.

1 Like

Re: Ogun Has The Highest Number Of Quack Doctors - NMA by dami2boi(m): 10:14am On Aug 02, 2017
iii no iii believe iii am iii.
Re: Ogun Has The Highest Number Of Quack Doctors - NMA by Kagawa10: 10:32am On Aug 02, 2017
BrutalJab:
Hahhahahah. Skull mining, Agberoism, Ritualism, Fraud na them get am.

They have finally added Quack Doctors to their lists of achievements.

They will start claiming most industrialised and educated.

Dumb illiterate who's got comprehension issues. The man was only concerned at the rate at which criminals who were sent away from Lagos came to inhabit Ogun due to its close proximity and the more reason he used that expression to qualify his state. I won't be surprised if your Osu drug lord brothers are part of the mess there. And like the man said, I want Ogun to be sanitised and put clamp on these criminals inhabiting the place. Ogun needs to deport these criminals like Lagos did.
Re: Ogun Has The Highest Number Of Quack Doctors - NMA by Kagawa10: 10:37am On Aug 02, 2017
jstbeinhonest:

Should 'perhaps' and 'should be' be taken as a fact.

You are only ibo and since this article is negative towards the Yorubas, you've found solace in using semantics to defend the report.

If the report was on how 'perhaps' Imo state should be ranked number one in Child Trafficking, Im sure there would be yell to heavens about Lagos-Ibadan media is 'tarnishing' and 'marginalizing' ibos with 'propaganda'.

You dey mind these Potor boys? I swear they are the dumbest folks I've ever encountered. They can't even understand simple expression.

The man in question was only baffled at the high rate of criminals who got their business shot down in Lagos came to inhabit Ogun due to its close proximity and the more reason he used such expression. I won't even be surprised if majority of these criminals are Ibos.
Re: Ogun Has The Highest Number Of Quack Doctors - NMA by BrutalJab: 11:18am On Aug 02, 2017
Kagawa10:

Dumb illiterate who's got comprehension issues. The man was only concerned at the rate at which criminals who were sent away from Lagos came to inhabit Ogun due to its close proximity and the more reason he used that expression to qualify his state. I won't be surprised if your Osu drug lord brothers are part of the mess there. And like the man said, I want Ogun to be sanitised and put clamp on these criminals inhabiting the place. Ogun needs to deport these criminals like Lagos did.

bla bla black sheep...cry me a river kid.

It was mentioned by ur own brother. Deal with it.
Re: Ogun Has The Highest Number Of Quack Doctors - NMA by MissRaine69(f): 11:32am On Aug 02, 2017
Garifuna:
This is OBVIOUSLY NOT VERIFIED DATA/Factual Statistics.

When you see reports using uncertain words like 'PERHAPS' "SHOULD BE" and 'MAYBE' to describe something that is supposedly a statistical fact, then you should know that it is either quite untrue or just Shabby guess work.
Gestimation at its best.
Re: Ogun Has The Highest Number Of Quack Doctors - NMA by sshalom(m): 11:54am On Aug 02, 2017
I don't like this type of news about that great state.
Re: Ogun Has The Highest Number Of Quack Doctors - NMA by Ohamzee: 12:29pm On Aug 02, 2017
hostine316:
First in rituals First in music First in quack doctors First in abortion First in ......... grin grin
Skull mining
Re: Ogun Has The Highest Number Of Quack Doctors - NMA by Chukazu: 10:44pm On Aug 02, 2017
thesuave10:

undecided
Your legion of generational fools I suppose?
Re: Ogun Has The Highest Number Of Quack Doctors - NMA by fSociety: 3:30am On Sep 07, 2017
grin
Re: Ogun Has The Highest Number Of Quack Doctors - NMA by astrodome: 6:53pm On Feb 28, 2018
Re: Ogun Has The Highest Number Of Quack Doctors - NMA by jbblues24(m): 6:12am On May 31, 2019
My grandson rates this notification very graceful! tongue
Re: Ogun Has The Highest Number Of Quack Doctors - NMA by jbblues24(m): 12:12am On Jun 02, 2019
Oga Ade can lock a safe and keep the key inside it. tongue

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

COVID-19: Zindzi Mandela Dies At 59 / Breast Cancer Survivor Bares It All On Red Carpet: Media React (photo) / 18-year-old Boy Commits Suicide After His Father Refused To Marry For Him

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.