Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,735 members, 7,817,019 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 11:12 PM

Rapper Wale Defends Spraying Daughter With Money - Celebrities (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Rapper Wale Defends Spraying Daughter With Money (35186 Views)

Tamira Bello, JJC Skillz Daughter With Taiye Fajemisin Slays In Bikini / Olamide Is Very Talented, I Look Up To Him – American Rapper, Wale / Davido's Daughter With Tiwa Savage Son And The Okoye Kids At Her School Party (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Re: Rapper Wale Defends Spraying Daughter With Money by naptu2: 3:19pm On Aug 03, 2017
FortuneTeller:

Only poor people openly show money. I may have a big house, but I don't walk around telling people I have a big house. You will find out when you come to visit me. I may drive a luxury vehicle but I don't run around telling everyone what I drive. You will find out when you ride with me. Comfortable and wealthy people do not need to show anyone else what they have, because it does not improve their self-esteem or validate who they are. I remember a newly arrived guy asking me directly what my salary was. I was embarrassed for him. I kindly explained to him that it was very inappropriate to do that. Money is a very personal thing in the US. But I noticed that poor people everywhere like to shout and prove to others that they have something.

Money spraying is a widespread phenomenon at some Nigerian parties and celebrations, says Bola Mosuro of BBC Focus on Africa radio:

"Some like it, some don't," she says.

"It's used as a way to show love and appreciation for the celebrant, their parents or even musicians playing at the party.

"Most people use $1 bills, sometimes it's lower denomination Naira [Nigeria's currency], but generally people aren't using large amounts of money.

"In some people's eyes it is sometimes done in a vulgar way, and recently a video went viral showing a couple tossing money in a way that many deemed excessive.

"A minority have been said to use spraying machines, but on the whole most would do it discretely by placing the notes on the body.

"Ultimately it's a matter of choice," Bola explains.

https://mobile.twitter.com/BBCAfrica/status/892439875382915072

http://www.bbc.com/news/live/world-africa-40384281?ns_mchannel=social&ns_source=twitter&ns_campaign=bbc_live&ns_linkname=5980a998e4b0b165a9f7f0e8%26Rapper+Wale+defends+spraying+daughter+with+money%26&ns_fee=0&ocid=socialflow_twitter#post_5980a998e4b0b165a9f7f0e8

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Olamide Chilling Out With Obafemi Martins (Photo) / Femi Otedola, Temi And Mr Eazi Her Boyfriend Pictured Together / Teebillz Is Back To Promoting Tiwa Savage's Work After A Long Hiatus (Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.