Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,451 members, 7,850,574 topics. Date: Wednesday, 05 June 2024 at 04:14 AM

Again, Kidnappers Meet Dead End In Abia …police Parade 30 Suspected Felons - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Again, Kidnappers Meet Dead End In Abia …police Parade 30 Suspected Felons (458 Views)

Abia Police Arrest Killers Of Husband And Wife (Photos) / Abia Police Arrests Fake Army Officer, His Team & Robbers / Armed Robbery Suspects Arrested By Abia Police Including A Lady (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Again, Kidnappers Meet Dead End In Abia …police Parade 30 Suspected Felons by Atandakk: 7:46pm On Aug 01, 2017
http://www.newsmakersng.com/2017/08/01/again-kidnappers-meet-dead-end-in-abia-police-parade-30-suspected-felons/

Segun Atanda/

Three gangs of kidnappers have again been smashed in Abia State by policemen who quickly followed tips from members of the public.

According to the police, two of the suspects, who were among 30 felons paraded yesterday, were nabbed before day break inside a hotel room as they were sharing the ransom paid by a victim’s family on July 27.

The suspected kidnappers arrested after collecting ransom to release a victim.
A military rifle and loads of ammunition used by another fleeing kidnapper were recovered from the bush, after officers were led to a hospital where a suspect had died while being treated for bullet wounds sustained in gun battle with the police who rescued a victim identified as Onyemaechi Mbamaonyeukwu Ijeoma.

Three members of a gang had earlier been killed on July 18 at Osisioma Ngwa, where they had abducted the Managing Director of Mba Hotels, Aba, in his ash colour Nissan Infinity Jeep and held him hostage at an uncompleted building in Umuajuju Ovungwu, Isiala Ngwa South LGA while negotiating for ransom.

Abia State commissioner of police (CP), Mr Adeleye Oyebade attributed the increasing success story of his men to the growing support from members of the public.

He said, “Operatives attached to the Command’s Dragon Squad in Aba, while acting on a tip off, arrested two men, Samuel Akoma and Kenneth Ananaba, in a hotel room at Aba where the hoodlums lodged after collecting ransom to release their hostage. Two vehicles, including that of the released hostage were recovered.”

One of the victims rescued from kidnappers sharing his story with reporters in Abia.
A victim identified as Ijeoma Okereke was also rescued by the police from another gang of kidnappers at about 1pm on July 22.

Oyebade said that the victim was rescued when “PMF 55 men on nipping point duty, at Owerrinta acting on a tip off, intercepted a 14-seater Mitsubishi L300 bus with registration number SB 639 WER painted white and green. They arrested the duo of Chinemere Amamba aged 39 years and Nnamdi Monday, both from Nmelele Isiala Ngwa South”.

The victim identified as a student at Imo State University, in Owerri was abducted at about 12pm along Emekuku junction, on Douglas Road, in Owerri.
Re: Again, Kidnappers Meet Dead End In Abia …police Parade 30 Suspected Felons by fatimababy95(f): 7:51pm On Aug 01, 2017
A man approached JP Morgan, held up an envelope, and said, Sir, in my hand I hold a guaranteed formula for success, which I will gladly sell you for $25,000. Sir, JP Morgan replied, I do not know what is in the envelope, however if you show me, and I like it, I give you my word as a gentleman that I will pay you what you ask. The man agreed to the terms, and handed over the envelope. JP Morgan opened it, and extracted a single sheet of paper. He gave it one look, a mere glance, then handed the piece of paper back to the gent. And paid him the agreed-upon $25,000. The Paper: 1. Every morning, write a list of the things that need to be done that day. 2. Do them.
Re: Again, Kidnappers Meet Dead End In Abia …police Parade 30 Suspected Felons by Atandakk: 11:38pm On Aug 01, 2017
It makes sense. @Fatima Baby.
Re: Again, Kidnappers Meet Dead End In Abia …police Parade 30 Suspected Felons by WetinConsignMe: 8:47am On Aug 02, 2017
Ok

(1) (Reply)

Why Dont Police Women Carry... / Missing Vehicle!!! / UNIPORT Ritual Murderer Dike, Re-arrested By Police In Jos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.