Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,353 members, 7,846,528 topics. Date: Friday, 31 May 2024 at 05:39 PM

Jesus Was Not Even Willing To Die For The World Afterall - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Jesus Was Not Even Willing To Die For The World Afterall (2240 Views)

New Photos Of Akwa Ibom Boy Abandoned To Die For Being A Wizard Will Shock You / Joshua Iginla Visits Holy Sepulchre Where Jesus Was Crucified & Buried (pics) / Maybe The 'men Of God' Are Men Of Preek Afterall (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Jesus Was Not Even Willing To Die For The World Afterall by MrMontella(m): 12:25pm On Aug 02, 2017
UnchangeableGod:
The message is on point for those already in the Kingdom. Jesus loves you. That is why He died for your sins on the Cross at Calvary. He desires that you to repent and receive Him as your Lord and personal Saviour so as not to be forever damned. Once you do like I did, this message will become meaningful to you. You have a choice. May God help you to chose right before it becomes too late I J N, Amen.
ohh chimo
Re: Jesus Was Not Even Willing To Die For The World Afterall by MuttleyLaff: 5:44pm On Aug 02, 2017
chemystery:
MuttleyLaff, funny how you accepted all Jesus said except that line.
Be strong and courageous.
Do not be afraid or terrified because of them, for the LORD your God goes with you;
he will never leave you nor forsake you."

- Deuteronomy 31:6

"The LORD is the one who goes ahead of you;
He will be with you. He will not fail you or forsake you.
Do not fear or be dismayed."

- Deuteronomy 31:8

No man shall be able to stand before you all the days of your life.
Just as I was with Moses, so I will be with you.
I will not leave you or forsake you

- Joshua 1:5

Then David said to his son Solomon,
"Be strong and courageous, and act; do not fear nor be dismayed, for the LORD God, my God, is with you.
He will not fail you nor forsake you until all the work for the service of the house of the LORD is finished

- 1 Chronicles 28:20

chemystery, funny how obvious it is that you didnt painstakingly go over every line of the content I posted because if you did, you would have noticed and registered where I put forward as fact that Jesus is fully aware of Deuteronomy 31:6, Deuteronomy 31:8, Joshua 1:5 and 1 Chronicles 28:20 reproduced above, to not have used that strong "forsaken" word in the manner or way, that the translators want to lead all, to believe, is what and how He uttered the words

chemystery:
I have seen how much time you spent to twist the bible to make sure it doesn't mean what it said rather in summary, just like mzhorlah, you are telling us it said what you guys mean
Since "Eli, Eli, lama, Sabachthani" is in Aramaic,
if Jesus meant "forsaken", He would have uttered "Eli, Eli, lama, Nashatani"
where ''Nashatani" is the Aramaic for forsaken
and if He did use ''Nashatani", then "Eli, Eli, lama, Nashatani" would mean "My God, My God, why hath Thou forsaken Me"

but no, Jesus, didnt use 'Nashatani", He used ''Sabachthani" hence the famous dying words:
Eli, Eli, lama, Sabachthani"

chemystery:
My God, My god, why have your presence left me ____ mzhorlah
My god, my god, this is why you kept me _____ MuttleyLaff
Neither God or His presence, at any time left Jesus

chemystery:
I am waiting for Amberon11 and other self acclaimed bible students to give us their own twist in translation/interpretation
It is worth noting, that, Jesus deliberating DID NOT quote Psalms 22:1 verbatim, blindly or directly
but consciously changed or switched language and used the Aramaic "sabachthani",
so as to make the distinction from the Aramaic "nashatani"

"nashatani" and "sabachthani" are both Aramaic
"Nashatani" is the Aramaic word for the Hebrew word "azabtani", where in Psalms 22:1 it is correctly translated as the English word "forsaken"
If Jesus had wanted to say He was forsaken by God, then Jesus would have used "nashatani" and not "sabachthani"

chemystery:
P.S. MuttleyLaff, I also want you to explain why Jesus called his father My God instead of My father.
Since both of them are gods.
I didn't mention this point earlier else you would have twisted it with you initial post to come up with
"My father, My father....." instead of "My god, my god...."
This is a simple and very good question

Jesus called His Father, My God, instead of My father, simply, because He was paraphrasing the beginning of Psalm 22 (i.e. Psalm 22:1)
just like He paraphrased the end of Psalm 22 (i.e Psalm 22:31) too.

Now, chemystery, I am going to give you a venturesome proposal,
without holding back, define God for me, with the full force of all your understanding.
Re: Jesus Was Not Even Willing To Die For The World Afterall by MuttleyLaff: 5:45pm On Aug 02, 2017
NPComplete:
@Muttleylaff just wrote the most dishonest shit I have read in recent times.
This is a Christian version of Al taqiyyah.

Pray tell, where did u get ur own translation from?
The people who wrote the bible believed he said "My God why have you forsaken me?" And they lived sometime close to Jesus so they could possibly give a more accurate interpretation than u. They were also supposed disciples of Jesus so they had no reason to want to lie.
But a dishonest Christian like u just gave us 3 different interpretation to suit ur own narrative. lol
SMH, edit or delete this comment
because you're publicly showing your ignorance.

NPComplete:
Whether or not Jesus was willing to die for the world cannot be ascertained by the passage only though.
It's possible that he wanted to die but he wasn't ready for such excruciating pain.
And being in human form, the pain was more than he could take so he cried out like all men would in the time of despair.
That passage probably speaks about the humanity of Jesus at that moment than anything else.
Wow. SMH. You are working really hard to remain ignorant
Re: Jesus Was Not Even Willing To Die For The World Afterall by chemystery: 8:25pm On Aug 02, 2017
MuttleyLaff:
Do not be afraid or terrified because of them, for the LORD your God goes with you;

"Be strong and courageous, and act; do not fear nor be dismayed, for the LORD God, my God, is with you.
He will not fail you nor forsake you until all the work for the service of the house of the LORD is finished

chemystery, funny how obvious it is that you didnt painstakingly go over every line of the content I posted because if you did, you would have noticed and registered where I put forward as fact that Jesus is fully aware of Deuteronomy 31:6, Deuteronomy 31:8, Joshua 1:5 and 1 Chronicles 28:20 reproduced above, to not have used that strong "forsaken" word in the manner or way, that the translators want to lead all, to believe, is what and how He uttered the words

and if He did use ''Nashatani", then "Eli, Eli, lama, Nashatani" would mean "My God, My God, why hath Thou forsaken Me"

but no, Jesus, didnt use 'Nashatani", He used ''Sabachthani" hence the famous dying words:

It is worth noting, that, Jesus deliberating DID NOT quote Psalms 22:1 verbatim, blindly or directly
but consciously changed or switched language and used the Aramaic "sabachthani",

"Nashatani" is the Aramaic word for the Hebrew word "azabtani", where in Psalms 22:1 it is correctly translated as the English word "forsaken"
If Jesus had wanted to say He was forsaken by God, then Jesus would have used "nashatani" and not "sabachthani"

Jesus called His Father, My God, instead of My father, simply, because He was paraphrasing the beginning of Psalm 22 (i.e. Psalm 22:1)

without holding back, define God for me, with the full force of all your understanding.
Lol @ Jesus is fully aware. Jesus told you he is abi?
It all good, now I know the bible does not mean what it said but it said what you guys mean. No wonder there are many faction of Christianity simply because one wants to agree the bible means what it said. Everyone wants to interprets it to suit their fantasies

1 Like

Re: Jesus Was Not Even Willing To Die For The World Afterall by NPComplete: 8:53pm On Aug 02, 2017
MuttleyLaff:

What a load of horseshit. U don't even know Aramaic. I repeat, those who wrote the bible at the time of Jesus told us he said what he said. No amount of linguistic dishonesty u use can change that
Re: Jesus Was Not Even Willing To Die For The World Afterall by chemystery: 9:08pm On Aug 02, 2017
NPComplete:

What a load of horseshit. U don't even know Aramaic. I repeat, those who wrote the bible at the time of Jesus told us he said what he said. No amount of linguistic dishonesty u use can change that
imagine the load of crap he posted just to make a simple verse suit his fantasies
Re: Jesus Was Not Even Willing To Die For The World Afterall by Ken4Christ: 9:55pm On Aug 02, 2017
There is no amount of fault finding in the Bible that will discourage Christians that have experienced genuine transformation in their lives. If you want to look for faults, you will find them. And if you seek Jesus to save and transform you, you will find him also. So, it depends on what you are looking for.
Re: Jesus Was Not Even Willing To Die For The World Afterall by udison(m): 11:09pm On Aug 02, 2017
mzhorlah:
Do you even know why God left Jesus? It was because of the sins of the whole world that was on him. God hates Sins, you can't live in sin and expect to have a cordial relationship with God.

Back to your question? Jesus said so because he has always felt God's presence. God was always with him and at that instance he couldn't feel it, he cried out. Besides, if Jesus wasn't willing to die, first , he wouldn't have come to the world. second, he wouldn't have been persecuted. Remember, Jesus had all the power in the world to have avoided those persecutions but he didn't .

I just like you jare...
Re: Jesus Was Not Even Willing To Die For The World Afterall by Officialkenshin(m): 5:46pm On Aug 10, 2017
mzhorlah:

Am not here to argue but I had advice you keep quiet if you ain't sure of something.

if you wake up one day and couldn't feel your leg, how would you feel?. Jesus had always felt God before that time so not feeling him within minutes made him cry out. consult your Bible please

Hi dear. Pleas can we be friends? I really like you, I just can't help it, hope you don't mind smiley
Re: Jesus Was Not Even Willing To Die For The World Afterall by dalaman: 5:58pm On Aug 10, 2017
But they said Jesus is God na.
Re: Jesus Was Not Even Willing To Die For The World Afterall by kevoh(m): 6:10pm On Aug 10, 2017
I thought Jesus was the same being as god? Trinity abi what do you guys call it again? How will god be asking himself not to forsake himself or be asking himself to let cup pass away if himself wills it? Who also was there with Jesus recording this prayer session of cup passing way, I thought Jesus was alone?
Re: Jesus Was Not Even Willing To Die For The World Afterall by mzhorlah(f): 11:44am On Aug 14, 2017
Officialkenshin:

Hi dear. Pleas can we be friends? I really like you, I just can't help it, hope you don't mind smiley
hello�, how are you?
Re: Jesus Was Not Even Willing To Die For The World Afterall by Officialkenshin(m): 12:05pm On Aug 14, 2017
mzhorlah:
hello�, how are you?

Fine dear. Been waiting for you to come online since, what happens to you? Been offline for days.. sad
Re: Jesus Was Not Even Willing To Die For The World Afterall by mzhorlah(f): 12:10pm On Aug 14, 2017
Officialkenshin:

Fine dear. Been waiting for you to come online since, what happens to you? Been offline for days.. sad
was busy. I have a life after nairaland
Re: Jesus Was Not Even Willing To Die For The World Afterall by Officialkenshin(m): 12:11pm On Aug 14, 2017
mzhorlah:
was busy. I have a life after nairaland

LOL true, but checking nairaland a few times not too much thou.

Anyway can I mail you so we talk privately?
Re: Jesus Was Not Even Willing To Die For The World Afterall by mzhorlah(f): 12:13pm On Aug 14, 2017
Officialkenshin:

LOL true, but checking nairaland a few times not too much thou.
Anyway can I mail you so we talk privately?
ok
Re: Jesus Was Not Even Willing To Die For The World Afterall by Officialkenshin(m): 12:16pm On Aug 14, 2017
mzhorlah:
ok

Used an old mail to register this Nl profile, don't remember the login.

Or just drop your number let me add you on whatsapp. You modify once I get
Re: Jesus Was Not Even Willing To Die For The World Afterall by mzhorlah(f): 12:27pm On Aug 14, 2017
Officialkenshin:

Used an old mail to register this Nl profile, don't remember the login.

Or just drop your number let me add you on whatsapp. You modify once I get
drop yours instead
Re: Jesus Was Not Even Willing To Die For The World Afterall by Officialkenshin(m): 12:29pm On Aug 14, 2017
wink

(1) (2) (Reply)

Declare These Prayers Point Upon Your Family To Overcome Challenges. Click Link. / If Allah Is NOT Yahweh, All Muslims Are In Trouble / They Made Jesus God For Christians!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.