Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,594 members, 7,955,185 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 07:00 PM

Dealing With Depression: You Can Help Yourself - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Dealing With Depression: You Can Help Yourself (657 Views)

Dealing With Some Hungry Nigeria Feminists By John Chizoba Vincent / Fighting Depression As An African / Dealing With Characters Voices In Stories (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Dealing With Depression: You Can Help Yourself by Chizzyjoyce(f): 6:59am On Aug 02, 2017
Please permit me to drop this saying before I proceed.

“To be happy with yourself, you’ve got to lose yourself now and then.” ~Bob Genovesi

Yes I was depressed and the depression was overwhelming. It came in waves even when I thought I was getting better. 
Everyone goes through tough times at different points in their lives, and we all feel sad every now and then. It’s important to understand that feeling sad temporarily is very different from being depressed or having depression.

How can we stop being depressed

A friend of mine told me in no certain manner that depression is embedded in her very own soul. It will never leave. It doesn't get better. What can she really do to get off this feelings.

Depression is something that can be eradicated although the processes involved are sometimes very convoluted.

If you feel you can suggest possible ways of riding through depression, you can drop some of them
Re: Dealing With Depression: You Can Help Yourself by Neduzze5(m): 4:22pm On Aug 04, 2017
Is this an expository article or a snippet of what we are to expect? You are trying to teach us how to deal with depression, yet there's nothing in here that can help me or any other person fight depression and anxiety disorders.

You have failed to pass across any message considering the headliner. What I'd simply tell you is to go back to your notebook, make some in-depth research with your phone and pen down some useful information for us.

You didn't even educate us on the kind of depression so as to know which one we could be suffering from.

Neither did you mention anything on the expected symptoms of depression. You have only been able to add more worries to our already worried state.

Please make the necessary corrections. Thank you.
Re: Dealing With Depression: You Can Help Yourself by Chizzyjoyce(f): 3:13pm On Aug 05, 2017
Maybe you didn't read till the end before you started correcting..

Please read the last line very well
Re: Dealing With Depression: You Can Help Yourself by Chizzyjoyce(f): 3:15pm On Aug 05, 2017
Im sure this long note of yours isnt your own possible story with regards to the post
Re: Dealing With Depression: You Can Help Yourself by Neduzze5(m): 4:07pm On Aug 05, 2017
Chizzyjoyce:
Im sure this long note of yours isnt your own possible story with regards to the post

Unfortunately, your title suggests that you intend to educate us and not just to ask us questions. Educate us first before asking us to share our story.

Se finir.
Re: Dealing With Depression: You Can Help Yourself by Chizzyjoyce(f): 9:32pm On Aug 05, 2017
It's quite obvious you didn't understand..

Ask someone to explain the title well for you since you didn't get to see “You can help yourself”..
Re: Dealing With Depression: You Can Help Yourself by Tattooboy: 2:14pm On Aug 06, 2017
This post is too long; it can worsen depression.
Re: Dealing With Depression: You Can Help Yourself by OluwabuqqyYOLO(m): 7:55am On Aug 07, 2017
Really, no offence intended, you haven't passed any message across.

(1) (Reply)

Bad Boys And Good Girls / I Hate to talk about Snakes.... But This One Got Me(check It Out) / I Quit!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.