Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,209 members, 7,829,333 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 02:51 AM

Money Falls From The Sky As Robbers Blow Up Security Van In South Africa. Photos - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Money Falls From The Sky As Robbers Blow Up Security Van In South Africa. Photos (1293 Views)

Nigerians Blame Banks For Negligence As Robbers Visit Homes With POS Machines / One shot dead as protesters burn police van in front of Lekki Shoprite / Armed Robbers Blow Up Bullion Van Loaded With Cash In Johannesburg (Pics, Video (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Money Falls From The Sky As Robbers Blow Up Security Van In South Africa. Photos by Johnnyessence(m): 7:29pm On Aug 02, 2017
A gang of armed robbers blew up an armoured security van to get at the £1.5million in cash locked inside as money literally fell from the sky . Ten criminals in three cars forced the Cash Solutions vehicle off the road on the R71 near Gravelette, Limpopo, South Africa by dramatically shooting out the tyres.
They then attached explosives to the van then dragged the guards off to a safe distance and detonated the charges blowing the side and roof completely off the vehicle.
Such was the power of the explosion, parts of the van ended up at the top of nearby trees in a scene akin to the classic scene from The Italian Job where Michael Caine delivers the line, ‘You’re only supposed to blow the b****y doors off’, after a van is blown up.
A huge shower of notes billowed up into the air when several of the cash boxes inside were blown open raining rands down over a wide area on the roadside.
While two robbers stood over the guards at gunpoint the rest of the gang grabbed cash boxes full of money, each thought to have been carrying around £90,000.
The £1.5million rand raid saw tens of thousands of rands in 50 and 100 rand notes blowing in the breeze on the other side of a fence which was out of reach of the gang.
Part of the roof or side of the van was photographed wedged high up in a nearby tree.
It is not known if passing motorists helped themselves after the gang drove off and before the police could arrive and seal off the area to call in a forensics team.

The gang escaped with cash and firearms belonging to the security guards.
Limpopo Police spokesman Moatshe Ngoepe said the road would be closed for at least four hours while officers searched for clues to the gang that carried it out.
He said: ‘There are about 10 men in three vehicles who shot at the van and blew the tyres out to make it veer off the road and then they blew it up with explosives.’
The gang escaped in two Mercedes Benz and a BMW with dozens of cash boxes.
source: http://www.pressnewsng.com.ng/2017/08/money-falls-from-sky-as-robbers-blow-up.html cc laslasticla Mynd44 Seun

Re: Money Falls From The Sky As Robbers Blow Up Security Van In South Africa. Photos by INTROVERT(f): 7:30pm On Aug 02, 2017
grin money fall on them grin
Re: Money Falls From The Sky As Robbers Blow Up Security Van In South Africa. Photos by kllinxman(m): 7:45pm On Aug 02, 2017
When will the son of man witness this scene again...
Re: Money Falls From The Sky As Robbers Blow Up Security Van In South Africa. Photos by ReneeNuttall(f): 7:48pm On Aug 02, 2017
Reminds me of wat my dad said about Anini,who trows starks of cash into the air after robbing banks.
Re: Money Falls From The Sky As Robbers Blow Up Security Van In South Africa. Photos by Johnnyessence(m): 2:27am On Aug 03, 2017
ReneeNuttall:
Reminds me of wat my dad said about Anini,who trows starks of cash into the air after robbing banks.
hmmm nice story.
Re: Money Falls From The Sky As Robbers Blow Up Security Van In South Africa. Photos by Johnnyessence(m): 2:28am On Aug 03, 2017
INTROVERT:
grin money fall on them grin
hallelujah
Re: Money Falls From The Sky As Robbers Blow Up Security Van In South Africa. Photos by Johnnyessence(m): 2:30am On Aug 03, 2017
kllinxman:
When will the son of man witness this scene again...
funny well it happens during election period.
Re: Money Falls From The Sky As Robbers Blow Up Security Van In South Africa. Photos by PMWSpirit(m): 2:36am On Aug 03, 2017
Na Wetin that davido boy take sing be this oo, oya na money fall on me yakata. If body dey pain you ABEGI shift let money fall on me

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Money Falls From The Sky As Robbers Blow Up Security Van In South Africa. Photos by Johnnyessence(m): 3:33am On Aug 03, 2017
PMWSpirit:
Na Wetin that davido boy take sing be this oo, oya na money fall on me yakata. If body dey pain you ABEGI shift let money fall on me
bro 30 billion naira fall on you ooo.
Re: Money Falls From The Sky As Robbers Blow Up Security Van In South Africa. Photos by PMWSpirit(m): 3:36am On Aug 03, 2017
Johnnyessence:
bro 30 billion naira fall on you ooo.
I go like get carry over for this kind falling
Re: Money Falls From The Sky As Robbers Blow Up Security Van In South Africa. Photos by tollytexy(m): 4:18am On Aug 03, 2017
which day e happen cuz ii left limpopo 3 days ago
Re: Money Falls From The Sky As Robbers Blow Up Security Van In South Africa. Photos by Johnnyessence(m): 4:25am On Aug 03, 2017
PMWSpirit:

I go like get carry over for this kind falling
hmmmMm carry over money sure pass.
Re: Money Falls From The Sky As Robbers Blow Up Security Van In South Africa. Photos by xreal: 5:25am On Aug 03, 2017
Sensible robbery gang.
No blood shed. They even took the guard and driver to a far distance for safety.

If na my country robbers... dem go blow the guards and driver together with the vehicle.
Re: Money Falls From The Sky As Robbers Blow Up Security Van In South Africa. Photos by Johnnyessence(m): 8:54am On Aug 03, 2017
xreal:
Sensible robbery gang.
No blood shed. They even took the guard and driver to a far distance for safety.

If na my country robbers... dem go blow the guards and driver together with the vehicle.
that's naija for you oooo. No tight security at all. May almighty God save us all.

(1) (Reply)

Happening Now! Soldiers Killing IPOB Members In Aba (PHOTOS) / Policeman Got Flogged Mercilessly By Ekiti Area Boys. —Dolly Yo Blog / Ashawos Are The Only Thing That Makes Me Forget My Problems In Nigeria-naija Guy

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.