Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,718 members, 7,816,956 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 09:10 PM

Computer Users & Engineers; Come in lets Meet, Share and Solve PCs Problem - Computers (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Computer Users & Engineers; Come in lets Meet, Share and Solve PCs Problem (20876 Views)

Fresh Arrival Pcs For Sale / Computer Engineers Come In For Your Bread And Butter / Uk Usedmini Laptop Promo(22k 4hours Battery)50 Pcs Tcall /whatapp08087852162 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Computer Users & Engineers; Come in lets Meet, Share and Solve PCs Problem by guiltless(m): 5:55am On Jul 13, 2020
Teejay13:
Keep your laptop issue question rolling in.

Good morning Engineer, please how can I fix my laptop network adapter? I've tried various methods shown on YouTube but still to no avail.

Also, I'll appreciate if you could direct me on the specific driver to download (link if possible �) for my laptop. Hp G255. Windows 8.1, 64bits. Thank you
Re: Computer Users & Engineers; Come in lets Meet, Share and Solve PCs Problem by Teejay13(m): 11:26am On Jul 13, 2020
guiltless:

Good morning Engineer, please how can I fix my laptop network adapter? I've tried various methods shown on YouTube but still to no avail.

Also, I'll appreciate if you could direct me on the specific driver to download (link if possible �) for my laptop. Hp G255. Windows 8.1, 64bits. Thank you

Good morning mr guiltless,

Was the wireless network working before?

If yes; when you started experiencing network failure,

What trouble shooting method did you apply?

Did you try to confirm if the laptop wireless card is connected properly?

Did you also check around the laptop body to see if there is a button you are supposed to switch on

Analyze the problem using the above questions
Re: Computer Users & Engineers; Come in lets Meet, Share and Solve PCs Problem by guiltless(m): 12:28pm On Jul 13, 2020
Teejay13:

Did you also check around the laptop body to see if there is a button you are supposed to switch on

Yes, it has been working very fine. I do browse very well with it. The problem happened around the month of May this year.

No, I've checked around, there isn't any button or switch around d laptop. Or how is it supposed to look like?

I had tried these various methods but still to no avail:
1) updating network adapter from Device manager and then restarting the computer.
2) trying to install qualcomm atheros wireless network driver manually but it still didn't connect (maybe because I didn't get the exact driver for my PC model).

Please I'll gladly appreciate it if you could help me out bro
Re: Computer Users & Engineers; Come in lets Meet, Share and Solve PCs Problem by guiltless(m): 12:33pm On Jul 13, 2020
Teejay13:

Here is a screenshot of My laptop's screen

Re: Computer Users & Engineers; Come in lets Meet, Share and Solve PCs Problem by Olajydeey: 12:49pm On Jul 13, 2020
Help!!, my windows is not coming up,my keyboard is working perfectly fine & I just bought a new mouse though even though my mouse touch pad is good too

Re: Computer Users & Engineers; Come in lets Meet, Share and Solve PCs Problem by Teejay13(m): 12:56pm On Jul 13, 2020
Olajydeey:
Help!!, my windows is not coming up,my keyboard is working perfectly fine & I just bought a new mouse though even though my mouse touch pad is good too

Your window is not coming up, what character is it displaying on the screen.

Kindly screen shot
Re: Computer Users & Engineers; Come in lets Meet, Share and Solve PCs Problem by Olajydeey: 12:59pm On Jul 13, 2020
Teejay13:

Your window is not coming up, what is character is it displaying on the screen.

Kindly screen shot

It would just roll & stop,& anytime I click on all those tabs down it won't open too,it would roll too
Re: Computer Users & Engineers; Come in lets Meet, Share and Solve PCs Problem by Teejay13(m): 5:40pm On Jul 13, 2020
Olajydeey:

It would just roll & stop,& anytime I click on all those tabs down it won't open too,it would roll too

Hello you need to be more explicit in your explanation.

what do you mean by it will just roll and stop?

I can barely code your point.
Re: Computer Users & Engineers; Come in lets Meet, Share and Solve PCs Problem by Olajydeey: 6:46pm On Jul 13, 2020
Teejay13:

Hello you need to be more explicit in your explanation.

what do you mean by it will just roll and stop?

I can barely code your point.

I am using the picture I sent above to explain,
Whenever I click on the windows icon, it would boot..but won't open
I'll send a picture ojere
Re: Computer Users & Engineers; Come in lets Meet, Share and Solve PCs Problem by guiltless(m): 11:16pm On Jul 13, 2020
Engr Teejay....abeg how fr na, I haven't heard from you since then. Help a brother pls
Re: Computer Users & Engineers; Come in lets Meet, Share and Solve PCs Problem by loluharmony(m): 11:33pm On Jul 13, 2020
Good evening everyone. Pls I use to see this information on my system screen and I don't no the meaning. And once it appears I won't be able to close it

Re: Computer Users & Engineers; Come in lets Meet, Share and Solve PCs Problem by Nobody: 11:42pm On Jul 13, 2020
good evening please I have a problem.
my laptop doesn't come on , wether on battery or when plugged in , it doesn't show any sign of life .
I have tried holding the power button for 30 seconds stuff which doesn't seem to work.if I plug the adapter to the laptop , the adapter's light reduces in brightness.
I decided to loose the laptop and found out that the dc jack Sparks each time I plug In the adapter , please what Is the problem ?
Re: Computer Users & Engineers; Come in lets Meet, Share and Solve PCs Problem by Teejay13(m): 5:58am On Jul 14, 2020
Olajydeey:

I am using the picture I sent above to explain,
Whenever I click on the windows icon, it would boot..but won't open
I'll send a picture ojere

Some possible causes for that might be:
1. Virus or some other kinds of malware.
2. A programs is running in the background.
Or there is a startup program which is hijacking the computer resources.

By trying to identify the program which might be causing the delay

▪ Run the system in safe mode and check it's performance. If the problem persists, do a boot scan with a good virus scanner like Avast If the problem still continues then there could be a problem.

▪ If in safe mode the computer is running fine. Then run a virus scan (no need if you have already run a boot scan). Go to startup items configuration file (Go to Run, type in msconfig). In the mscofig window, click on services tab, at the bottom check the "Hide all microsoft services". This hides the microsoft services from the window. Then uncheck or disable all the remaining services. Click on Startup tab at the top of the window. Disable or uncheck all the programs listed. Save and restart. If the problem is resolved. then you can one by one enable the startup programs and services till you isolate which one is the cause.

▪ Run a chkdsk c: /f/r in command window. It might take a while if the hard drive is pretty huge.

▪ if it is still not working. Try to do a system restore.

▪ If that also fails, then no other option but a window reinstallation.

Hope this helps!
Re: Computer Users & Engineers; Come in lets Meet, Share and Solve PCs Problem by Teejay13(m): 6:42am On Jul 14, 2020
guiltless:

Yes, it has been working very fine. I do browse very well with it. The problem happened around the month of May this year.

No, I've checked around, there isn't any button or switch around d laptop. Or how is it supposed to look like?

I had tried these various methods but still to no avail:
1) updating network adapter from Device manager and then restarting the computer.
2) trying to install qualcomm atheros wireless network driver manually but it still didn't connect (maybe because I didn't get the exact driver for my PC model).

Please I'll gladly appreciate it if you could help me out bro

Have you tried this

Go to your laptop settings.
Click on Network & Security.
Check the Status, if it is disabled, enable it.
If this does not work. Then

Go to Network Adapters” and click on it.
Look for “wireless,” “802.11,” “WLAN” or “WI-FI” anywhere in the list.
If you see one of these terms,you already have a wireless adapter installed. If not,you need to download one from your laptop manufacturer’s website.

Furthermore,if none of this works,you probably need to change your operating system.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Computer Users & Engineers; Come in lets Meet, Share and Solve PCs Problem by Teejay13(m): 7:12am On Jul 14, 2020
loluharmony:
Good evening everyone. Pls I use to see this information on my system screen and I don't no the meaning. And once it appears I won't be able to close it

Basically, this kind of problem occurs if there is an incompatibility with the disk drive and the drive letter of the partition.

For example one of the laptop/PC’s partitions’ name is D and disk drive name is also D.

To solve this right-click on the window icon on your laptop screen and select disk management from the list. Select the disk by right clicking, you will see the option “change drive letter" click on it.
Rename the drive letter to any letter that does not exist already on the computer.

After doing that, restart the computer to confirm if the error ‘please insert disk into removable disk’ has disappeared.

Hope it works out for you.

Re: Computer Users & Engineers; Come in lets Meet, Share and Solve PCs Problem by Nobody: 8:49am On Jul 14, 2020
Teejay13:
Hi guys,

Are you having issue with your laptop and need an instant solution on how to fix?

With our years of experience in the field of IT, you are actually one step towards solving that problem.

At "Jeetech Global Resources Enterprice"

We offer personalized IT solutions towards addressing our customers need.

No thought; we are expert when it comes to Computer hardware | software maintenance.

Share your laptop issue with us on this platform and get a virtual solution on how to fix it.

Please other computer guru in the house can always come in to help out.

For further enquiry, kindly call / whatsapp us on 07038517455, 07052481183

good evening please I have a problem.
my laptop doesn't come on , wether on battery or
when plugged in , it doesn't show any sign of life .
I have tried holding the power button for 30
seconds stuff which doesn't seem to work.if I plug
the adapter to the laptop , the adapter's light
reduces in brightness.
I decided to loose the laptop and found out that the
dc jack Sparks each time I plug In the adapter ,
please what Is the problem ?
( Modify) ( Quote ) ( Report) ( Share )
Re: Computer Users & Engineers; Come in lets Meet, Share and Solve PCs Problem by Olajydeey: 10:59am On Jul 14, 2020
Teejay13:

Some possible causes for that might be:
1. Virus or some other kinds of malware.
2. A programs is running in the background.
Or there is a startup program which is hijacking the computer resources.

By trying to identify the program which might be causing the delay

▪ Run the system in safe mode and check it's performance. If the problem persists, do a boot scan with a good virus scanner like Avast If the problem still continues then there could be a problem.

▪ If in safe mode the computer is running fine. Then run a virus scan (no need if you have already run a boot scan). Go to startup items configuration file (Go to Run, type in msconfig). In the mscofig window, click on services tab, at the bottom check the "Hide all microsoft services". This hides the microsoft services from the window. Then uncheck or disable all the remaining services. Click on Startup tab at the top of the window. Disable or uncheck all the programs listed. Save and restart. If the problem is resolved. then you can one by one enable the startup programs and services till you isolate which one is the cause.

▪ Run a chkdsk c: /f/r in command window. It might take a while if the hard drive is pretty huge.

▪ if it is still not working. Try to do a system restore.

▪ If that also fails, then no other option but a window reinstallation.

Hope this helps!

Thanks boss..I'll option for a windows re installation, even the startup menu is not coming up..

1 Like

Re: Computer Users & Engineers; Come in lets Meet, Share and Solve PCs Problem by Teejay13(m): 11:14am On Jul 14, 2020
Olajydeey:

Thanks boss..I'll option for a windows re installation, even the startup menu is not coming up..

You'r welcome!
Re: Computer Users & Engineers; Come in lets Meet, Share and Solve PCs Problem by Teejay13(m): 3:59am On Jul 15, 2020
Good morning NL

Feel free to reach out to us for best solutions regarding your computer troubles.

Our engineers in the house are always ready and willing to assist in any way possible.

Good luck and enjoy the rest of your day!
Re: Computer Users & Engineers; Come in lets Meet, Share and Solve PCs Problem by mhiztalee(m): 6:22am On Jul 15, 2020
Someone should dash me HDD abeg oo
Re: Computer Users & Engineers; Come in lets Meet, Share and Solve PCs Problem by pwettybella(f): 5:59pm On Jul 15, 2020
Please help me my MacBook Pro touchbar 13 inches. suddenly went blank, They said I should get a new screen. I want to know how much for the screen. thanks
Re: Computer Users & Engineers; Come in lets Meet, Share and Solve PCs Problem by Teejay13(m): 6:59pm On Jul 15, 2020
pwettybella:
Please help me my MacBook Pro touchbar 13 inches. suddenly went blank, They said I should get a new screen. I want to know how much for the screen. thanks

What year is your Macbook pro sir?
Re: Computer Users & Engineers; Come in lets Meet, Share and Solve PCs Problem by pwettybella(f): 8:19pm On Jul 15, 2020
It’s 2018

Teejay13:

What year is your Macbook pro sir?
Re: Computer Users & Engineers; Come in lets Meet, Share and Solve PCs Problem by Tobex4realTobex234(m): 11:38am On Jul 16, 2020
My screen always brings out lines. But then if I leave the laptop to cool for like 2 hours, it will start working normally again.

Please note that I just changed this screen last week, and when it started behaving like this, I took it back there and they changed it again. So I'm tempted to believe it's not a screen issue.

Re: Computer Users & Engineers; Come in lets Meet, Share and Solve PCs Problem by onyidon22(m): 4:17pm On Jul 16, 2020
My HP laptop produces some disturbing sound for a few seconds after being powered on
Re: Computer Users & Engineers; Come in lets Meet, Share and Solve PCs Problem by Teejay13(m): 8:57pm On Jul 16, 2020
Tobex4realTobex234:
My screen always brings out lines. But then if I leave the laptop to cool for like 2 hours, it will start working normally again.

Please note that I just changed this screen last week, and when it started behaving like this, I took it back there and they changed it again. So I'm tempted to believe it's not a screen issue.

What type of laptop is that?
Re: Computer Users & Engineers; Come in lets Meet, Share and Solve PCs Problem by Teejay13(m): 9:13pm On Jul 16, 2020
onyidon22:
My HP laptop produces some disturbing sound for a few seconds after being powered on

Depending on the nature of the sound your laptop produces and the direction from which the sound is coming from.

though most times disturbing noise usually comes from either of the following stated below:

▪ Faulty keyboard.
▪ Incompatible RAM
▪ or from the laptop fan.

So try to identify the location from where the sound is coming from.
Re: Computer Users & Engineers; Come in lets Meet, Share and Solve PCs Problem by Teejay13(m): 2:34pm On Jul 18, 2020
Keep your enquiry coming
Re: Computer Users & Engineers; Come in lets Meet, Share and Solve PCs Problem by Adekaka12345: 1:39am On Jul 19, 2020
I use a lenovo w510. It freezes on charging but will work again when I remove charger and plug back. But I use it for my class. I can't hold a Google meet class with my laptop charged. Anytime I try to do a video class, it freezes and I would have to remove charger to normalise things. Please help me ooo.
Re: Computer Users & Engineers; Come in lets Meet, Share and Solve PCs Problem by Teejay13(m): 8:15am On Jul 19, 2020
Adekaka12345:
I use a lenovo w510. It freezes on charging but will work again when I remove charger and plug back. But I use it for my class. I can't hold a Google meet class with my laptop charged. Anytime I try to do a video class, it freezes and I would have to remove charger to normalise things. Please help me ooo.

The charger is incompatible with your laptop.

So try to compare the charger output voltage to that of the computers input to confirm their compatibility.

Adekaka, i hope this solves your problem.
Re: Computer Users & Engineers; Come in lets Meet, Share and Solve PCs Problem by Adekaka12345: 9:45pm On Jul 19, 2020
Teejay13:

The charger is incompatible with your laptop.

So try to compare the charger output voltage to that of the computers input to confirm their compatibility.

Adekaka, i hope this solves your problem.

How do I do that
Re: Computer Users & Engineers; Come in lets Meet, Share and Solve PCs Problem by Teejay13(m): 2:34am On Jul 20, 2020
Adekaka12345:

How do I do that

Remove the laptop battery, and check carefully you will see i written there. Also usually on the adapter output is also written there.

Or rather still when you get to any laptop accessory store ask them for original or follow come lenovo charger.

When they give you, try to test it there, if problem persist then your touchpad is faulty.

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

Boot Device Not Found / How To Take Screenshots Of Entire And Parts Of Your Computer Screen (windows) / Major Differences Between Windows 7 And Windows 8

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.