Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,612 members, 7,809,244 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 06:32 AM

Epassport From Nigeria House NY - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Epassport From Nigeria House NY (10277 Views)

Ghana Bans Flights From Nigeria, 2 Other Countries Over Ebola / Travelling From Nigeria To Niger Republic / Do You Know A Good Nigerian Church In Ny? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Epassport From Nigeria House NY by Pittbaby(f): 5:53pm On Feb 10, 2010
I have a few questions about the ePassport procedures at the Nigeria House in NY. I have complete the online application and received my interview notification. I know that i need the follwing documents
1) Old Passport
2) Drivers License
3) Marriage cerificate
4) Birth cerificate
5.) Money Order -$20

Two documents I am not sure I require for the interview are the guarantoors form and the national Id . Since i am doing this in the US and already have a Nigerian Passport. if so can this be completed by a fellow nigerian here and who will then be the offiial signatory

Inaddition the interview just states a day , no time specified .  is it just a walk in basis?
Re: Epassport From Nigeria House NY by lasgidi4rv: 8:04am On Feb 25, 2010
Dear Pittbaby you may have to call them to confirm when you should come. Hours are very limited. Mon - Fri 10am to 1pm (dropoff) and 2pm-3pm (pickup). The phone # is 212-808-0301 and fax# (if you by some chance need it) is 212-682-4789. Hope this helps. All the best. Let us know how you make out.
Re: Epassport From Nigeria House NY by LaNiger(m): 3:09pm On Feb 25, 2010
I had mine done in October of last year. You don't need a guarantor, it is only for first time passport applicants. You need to print all four pages of your personal nformation, and a copy of the payment confirmation page.

That's all you need, good luck.
Re: Epassport From Nigeria House NY by Pittbaby(f): 5:28pm On Feb 25, 2010
Thanks . I was actually there this monday, expecting my new passport next week.

I must say they need to improve the information provided on the website . A lot of people there had no idea they were supposed to print both the payment slip and the acknowledgement letter.
Re: Epassport From Nigeria House NY by OgidiBoy(m): 5:43am On Feb 27, 2010
@ pittbaby,

Dear did you finally get your passport renewed ? mine expires at the end of the year and I'm hoping on traveling to Nigeria next year. I don't know

it I want to travel all the way to New York to renew my passport.
Re: Epassport From Nigeria House NY by Pittbaby(f): 5:56am On Feb 27, 2010
I am waiting for it to arrive. All i will say is find out if you need to renew it to travel home . I am still getting mixed messages on if you can still use the old passport or not.

the trip to NY is not cheap , especially when the yeye people only ever give an appointment a week away from application, even when i hit the reschedule button the website just gave me the next date a week away.
Re: Epassport From Nigeria House NY by OgidiBoy(m): 6:09am On Feb 27, 2010
Pittbaby:

I am waiting for it to arrive. All i will say is find out if you need to renew it to travel home . I am still getting mixed messages on if you can still use the old passport or not.

the trip to NY is not cheap , especially when the yeye people only ever give an appointment a week away from application, even when i hit the reschedule button the website just gave me the next date a week away.

Calling the Nigerian embassy or going to their website to get info is just a waste of time. Don't you think it would be better to just get a business visa to

Nigeria and when you get home it would be so much cheaper to renew your expired passport there.
Re: Epassport From Nigeria House NY by Pittbaby(f): 6:27am On Feb 27, 2010
yeah thats an option.
Re: Epassport From Nigeria House NY by Pittbaby(f): 11:50am On Mar 10, 2010
Ok finally got the new passport. Old passport was stamped cancelled.
Re: Epassport From Nigeria House NY by lasgidi4rv: 6:34pm On Mar 20, 2010
@ Pittbaby: Did you also provide a self addressed return envelope to mail back the new passport at the consulate in NY ?? Thanks smiley.
Re: Epassport From Nigeria House NY by lasgidi4rv: 12:24am On Mar 25, 2010
So fellow Nairalanders. I was recently at the Nigerian Consulate in NY and would like to share my experience. I arrived 15 mins early (the passport/visa office opens at 10am), picked a number and waited to be called. The place was packed kai. Anyway, if you are there for the new e passport (of course you would have completed your application online and paid the $65 fee first), you would need the following: Old Passport, Birth/Age Declaration, Certificate, Marriage Certificate (if applicable), $20 Money Order (which I advice to be left blank until you are called), Police report incase of a lost passport ($350 money order penalty for loss of passport). In addition, A COPY OF THE PAYMENT ACKNOWLEDGMENT SLIP showing PAYMENT CONFIRMED. THIS IS EXTREMELY VITAL BECAUSE THE CONSULATE LADY WOULD NOT ACCEPT IT OTHERWISE. THIS IS NOT THE CONFIRMATION OF PAYMENT SENT FROM SW GLOBAL/GOOGLE CHECKOUT  TO YOUR EMAIL!!! If you do not receive this wanted confirmation via email as in my case, then go on the immigration website: http://www.nigeriahouse.com. Click on New Passport under the Forms Tab. Click on Passport Application Status. Enter your Passport Application ID and Reference Number. [MAKE SURE WHEN INITIALLY APPLYING, YOU SAVE THIS INFO]. This brings you to the applicant details page. Click PRINT RECEIPT NOT PRINT ACKNOWLEDGMENT SLIP. MAKE SURE IT SHOWS PAYMENT CONFIRMED AT THE BOTTOM OF THE PAGE. I can not stress this enough. It would save you the hassle of running across the street to do emergency reprint.
Also a copy of the ONLINE APPLICATION YOU SUBMITTED (MAKE SURE YOU SAVE ONCE COMPLETED). If you are coming from out of town, I would recommend you bring a self addressed Priority Mail Envelop with enough postage and delivery confirmation. The post office would advice you on the exact amounts. Save the tracking number for your reference.
This should cut down tremendously on your wait time. You picture is then taken with your thumb print and you would be advised when passport would be mailed.
  I believe should help you or someone you know. smiley
Re: Epassport From Nigeria House NY by Pittbaby(f): 3:59am On Mar 26, 2010
hey please go and advertise on your own thread
Re: Epassport From Nigeria House NY by paddylo1(m): 1:21am On Mar 28, 2010
Thanks guys, i need that ish
Re: Epassport From Nigeria House NY by Pittbaby(f): 6:44pm On Mar 29, 2010
@ lasgidi

yes i provided a self addressed envelope .
Re: Epassport From Nigeria House NY by lasgidi4rv: 7:20am On Apr 06, 2010
@Pittbaby: Did you rcv a timeframe on when it was to be mailed? If so was it mailed at that time? I ask because I was given 4/1/10 and that has not been done per the tracking info on usps.
Re: Epassport From Nigeria House NY by Pittbaby(f): 11:01pm On Apr 07, 2010
yes about five days but i got it a about 4 days later than stated .
Re: Epassport From Nigeria House NY by lasgidi4rv: 7:19pm On Apr 08, 2010
@ Pittbaby: Ok thanks for that. I guess I would just have to be patient. Thanks again. God bless. smiley
Re: Epassport From Nigeria House NY by Pittbaby(f): 1:20am On Apr 09, 2010
yep Nigeria House NY is Naija . Stay Blessed
Re: Epassport From Nigeria House NY by sayhi2ay(m): 9:31pm On Sep 14, 2010
is the e-passport only issued in NY ? made an appointment at the DC consulate.

also, what if i misplaced my birth certificate ?
Re: Epassport From Nigeria House NY by Ninigirl(f): 9:00pm On Mar 22, 2011
Thanks alot @lasgidi4rv grin
Re: Epassport From Nigeria House NY by pslm23(f): 6:53pm On Apr 13, 2011
Hi everyone, i just tried  applying for the epassport online and I swear, the whole application thing is downright confusing and annoying. I'm a dual citizen and my old Nigerian passport expires in a few weeks and I'm planning a visit home in June. Completing this online application is like pulling teeth.  angry
First of all, it asked me for my contact info which is in the US and then it asks me for my permanent address but would not let me enter my US info. Fine, i used my mothers address in Abuja. Now we get to the Other information section where I enter the name of my next of kin who is my husband. I move on to the next section which is Next of Kin address and it bloody hell won't let me enter our address in New Jersey  angry angry angry . WTH   angry angry angry am i doing something wrong here?
Ok the worst part is that it won't even let me put my height(cm) in. I've tried it like 100 times and this is just so freaking frustrating  angry angry angry
Is the fee $60 or $65 ??

HELP ME SOMEONE!
Re: Epassport From Nigeria House NY by Obalende: 4:07am On May 03, 2011
Guys, basically for 10 consecutive days, at 9am, 11am and 2pm all working hours, nobody at Nigeria House NY picks up the phone. I have applied and the passport is all processed but they are not sending it back to me - they are probably lazy or something. Please does anyone know any extension number of any individual who works there?
Re: Epassport From Nigeria House NY by bugmenot: 6:47pm On Jun 30, 2011
What's the best place to park around the Nigerian Consulate in NY?
Re: Epassport From Nigeria House NY by beejaei: 12:40pm On Aug 30, 2011
Can I re-new at DC consulate?
Re: Epassport From Nigeria House NY by booboolicious: 1:36am On Oct 06, 2014
hi everyone, anyone in new york or knows anyone that can help me go to the embassy or have a contact to anyone who works at the embassy that can help me out. i need my passport. been calling the embassy for 6 months no response
Re: Epassport From Nigeria House NY by booboolicious: 6:42pm On Oct 06, 2014
booboolicious:
hi everyone, anyone in new york or knows anyone that can help me go to the embassy or have a contact to anyone who works at the embassy that can help me out. i need my passport. been calling the embassy for 6 months no response
Re: Epassport From Nigeria House NY by lillaowow(m): 12:12am On May 23, 2018
lasgidi4rv:
So fellow Nairalanders. I was recently at the Nigerian Consulate in NY and would like to share my experience. I arrived 15 mins early (the passport/visa office opens at 10am), picked a number and waited to be called. The place was packed kai. Anyway, if you are there for the new e passport (of course you would have completed your application online and paid the $65 fee first), you would need the following: Old Passport, Birth/Age Declaration, Certificate, Marriage Certificate (if applicable), $20 Money Order (which I advice to be left blank until you are called), Police report incase of a lost passport ($350 money order penalty for loss of passport). In addition, A COPY OF THE PAYMENT ACKNOWLEDGMENT SLIP showing PAYMENT CONFIRMED. THIS IS EXTREMELY VITAL BECAUSE THE CONSULATE LADY WOULD NOT ACCEPT IT OTHERWISE. THIS IS NOT THE CONFIRMATION OF PAYMENT SENT FROM SW GLOBAL/GOOGLE CHECKOUT  TO YOUR EMAIL!!! If you do not receive this wanted confirmation via email as in my case, then go on the immigration website: http://www.nigeriahouse.com. Click on New Passport under the Forms Tab. Click on Passport Application Status. Enter your Passport Application ID and Reference Number. [MAKE SURE WHEN INITIALLY APPLYING, YOU SAVE THIS INFO]. This brings you to the applicant details page. Click PRINT RECEIPT NOT PRINT ACKNOWLEDGMENT SLIP. MAKE SURE IT SHOWS PAYMENT CONFIRMED AT THE BOTTOM OF THE PAGE. I can not stress this enough. It would save you the hassle of running across the street to do emergency reprint.
Also a copy of the ONLINE APPLICATION YOU SUBMITTED (MAKE SURE YOU SAVE ONCE COMPLETED). If you are coming from out of town, I would recommend you bring a self addressed Priority Mail Envelop with enough postage and delivery confirmation. The post office would advice you on the exact amounts. Save the tracking number for your reference.
This should cut down tremendously on your wait time. You picture is then taken with your thumb print and you would be advised when passport would be mailed.
  I believe should help you or someone you know. smiley

is the process still the same?. I am looking to renew my passport in NY. Thank you

(1) (Reply)

Tanzania Or Kenya, Which Should I Choose? / FRSC To Introduce N50,000 Fine For Traffic Light Violators In 2020 / The Functions Of Nigerian Civil Aviation Authority And 6 Ways They Make Money

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.