Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,196 members, 7,818,654 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 08:55 PM

6 Categories Of Apps You Need To Uninstall Now - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / 6 Categories Of Apps You Need To Uninstall Now (1370 Views)

Is Truecaller Safe And Accurate To Use? Why You Should Uninstall Now / 4 Dangerous Apps You Should Uninstall / 5 Types Of Apps You Should Stop Using Now (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

6 Categories Of Apps You Need To Uninstall Now by Nobody: 9:10am On Aug 03, 2017
Perhaps it might be by draining your battery, or by using too much mobile data or maybe even by pushing ads in your face, but some if these Android apps can be so annoying in a lot of ways. Most attimes, we end up with too many of them on our phones.

However, the time has finally arrived to clean up your phone and it's time for you to clean up your smartphone and get rid if these mostly unnecessary apps.

Re: 6 Categories Of Apps You Need To Uninstall Now by Nobody: 9:13am On Aug 03, 2017
1. Apps that claim to boost RAM

Most Android apps that run in background use up your RAM and also use up your battery life at the same time. The basis of these apps that claim to boost your RAM and save your phone's memory is to kill these background processes and stop these background apps. this however makes the problem worse.
These apps actually destabilizes your phone and even uses up more RAM.
The best way to boost your RAM is to find the apps that are using up you RAM and manually close them.

Re: 6 Categories Of Apps You Need To Uninstall Now by mach98(m): 9:27am On Aug 03, 2017
That's all? undecided
Re: 6 Categories Of Apps You Need To Uninstall Now by Nobody: 9:54am On Aug 03, 2017
2. Cleaning apps (Clean Master)

Cleaning apps often are installed to clean up your phone to boost its performance. Usually the only thing they do is to clean up the cached data of uninstalled apps. However, it's not actually necessary to download a cleaning app since you can clean this cache by yourself. To clean your cached data just go to Settings > Storage > and tap Cached data. Hit OK at the Clear cached data prompt that follows.

3. Battery savers

These are very similar to RAM boosters, just that in this case, they claim to save your battery life. Usually such apps are useless as most of them do nothing. There are very few exceptions to this and even at that, they are not needed in your Android phone.

The only way to increase your phone's battery life is to reduce energy demand from your snartphone's operating system and all running services and apps. So for these battery saving apps to really be effective, they would need to be in control of your phone's processes and that would mean granting these apps root privileges, and if your phone is not rooted there is no way to this.

The best way to minimize battery usage is to find the app with the highest battery consumption from your battery settings and forcing close it

1 Like

Re: 6 Categories Of Apps You Need To Uninstall Now by Nobody: 10:17am On Aug 03, 2017
4. Antivirus apps

Your Android smartphone device and the Play Store has the ability to do everything that other dedicated Android antivirus apps can do. For theft protection, your Android Device Manager can work without another app. And Google checks automatically with the Play Store to see whether an Android app is hiding malware.
Re: 6 Categories Of Apps You Need To Uninstall Now by edicied: 10:58am On Aug 03, 2017
I use to tell people that all those Battery saving App na wash grin it'll end up draining ur battery Faster
Re: 6 Categories Of Apps You Need To Uninstall Now by Nobody: 11:47am On Aug 03, 2017
5) Apps That You Don't Use

It's really not a surprising fact that most of us have some apps that we don't use in our phone. These might be apps that you're installed in time past for a purpose. Since you are no longer using such apps, you should consider removing them. These apps for the most part only drain your battery and fill up your RAM. You can even backup up such applications in your SD card if you feel that you might be needing later on.

1 Like

Re: 6 Categories Of Apps You Need To Uninstall Now by Nobody: 11:52am On Aug 03, 2017
6)Uninstall Pre-installed Apps

Some pre-installed android apps should be removed as it has been proven that we end up using less than 30% of pre-installed Android apps. The problem with this however is that some of these apps cannot be removed without rooting your phone and even at that, removing such apps come with a risk.
In this case you should consider using the new app-freeze feature.
Re: 6 Categories Of Apps You Need To Uninstall Now by Nobody: 11:55am On Aug 03, 2017
Re: 6 Categories Of Apps You Need To Uninstall Now by eriqboy(m): 1:16pm On Aug 03, 2017
Helpful..thanks
Re: 6 Categories Of Apps You Need To Uninstall Now by Oladipo1166(m): 1:56pm On Aug 03, 2017
who noticed that there is no number 2?
Re: 6 Categories Of Apps You Need To Uninstall Now by sunshineV(f): 2:02pm On Aug 03, 2017
U missed number 2
Re: 6 Categories Of Apps You Need To Uninstall Now by dukeo(m): 2:31pm On Aug 03, 2017
netoc65:
Did I miss any? Let us know in the comments below.

http://www.techsoft.com.ng/2017/08/5-android-apps-you-need-to-uninstall-now.html?m=1

Didn't see number deux
Re: 6 Categories Of Apps You Need To Uninstall Now by Nobody: 3:10pm On Aug 03, 2017
dukeo:

Didn't see number deux

Lol.... It was an omission
Re: 6 Categories Of Apps You Need To Uninstall Now by Nobody: 3:19pm On Aug 03, 2017
Oladipo1166:
who noticed that there is no number 2?

I've added it.

Thanks for pointing it out
Re: 6 Categories Of Apps You Need To Uninstall Now by Nobody: 3:20pm On Aug 03, 2017
please which network speed indicator are yhu using
Re: 6 Categories Of Apps You Need To Uninstall Now by Nobody: 3:26pm On Aug 03, 2017
thamy242:
please which network speed indicator are yhu using

Airtel. grin
Re: 6 Categories Of Apps You Need To Uninstall Now by Nobody: 3:39pm On Aug 03, 2017
netoc65:

Airtel. grin
please i really need a good network speed indicator
Re: 6 Categories Of Apps You Need To Uninstall Now by Nobody: 3:46pm On Aug 03, 2017
thamy242:
please i really need a good network speed indicator

Find the best network in your area
Re: 6 Categories Of Apps You Need To Uninstall Now by Nobody: 3:50pm On Aug 03, 2017
netoc65:

Find the best network in your area
lol....i dont mean network....i mean d app dat you are using that reads network speed
Re: 6 Categories Of Apps You Need To Uninstall Now by Nobody: 4:02pm On Aug 03, 2017
thamy242:
lol....i dont mean network....i mean d app dat you are using that reads network speed

Ok... I think it comes with all Android Marshmallow phones. I don't use any third party app for that.

There are third party apps that can do that though.
Example is internet speed meter and xposed installer (for rooted phones)

I don't wanna derail this thread (that's if I haven't done so already)

Bookmark my blog (@ my signature). I'll write an article on that tomorrow.
Re: 6 Categories Of Apps You Need To Uninstall Now by lajuto: 9:43pm On Aug 03, 2017
netoc65:
Did I miss any? Let us know in the comments below.

http://www.techsoft.com.ng/2017/08/5-android-apps-you-need-to-uninstall-now.html?m=1

Nice topic OP.

Oga Lalasticlala and Mynd44 this topic deserves FP

(1) (Reply)

Why Is MTN PULSE So Exspensive Now, #20 Per Minuite / Why Nigerians Need To Boycott MTN.. / Airtel Users: How To Send Free Whattsapp Messages Free Of Charge

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.