Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,948 members, 7,814,215 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 09:11 AM

Near Death Experiences For Real? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Near Death Experiences For Real? (611 Views)

Near Death Experiences. A Biological Explanation. / What Happens After We Die? Near-death-experiences & Reincarnation / Atheist Neurosurgeon Finds God After Near Death Experience. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Near Death Experiences For Real? by Martinez19(m): 10:05am On Aug 03, 2017
I believe near death experiences. They make perfect sense. I surprisingly heard of two Nigerians who had an Nde. Guess what? shocked they both saw their grandfathers and it doesn't look like it was made up. I haven't heard of Nigerians tell of nde, perhaps we are a set of people who so much love not to die grin. Please share thy nde story if you have any or if you are shy about it or fear you would be called crazy you can email me.

If you have heard of people tell their own, you can tell me hear. wink keep their names anonymous (that's if they mind).

NB: for those that email me, I will be very confidential with your report.

Let's start......

1 Like

Re: Near Death Experiences For Real? by holocron: 10:47am On Aug 03, 2017
NDEs are just a feature of brain chemistry, nothing else. There is no consciousness after death. There is no consciousness in ordinary sleep, not to talk of death.

However, for psychological comfort we can postulate there is Life after death. We do that in many areas of life e.g money: for the smooth running of the economy we believe that the pieces of useless paper we carry about and call 'money' has a real value. And we believe that banks can keep these valuables for us when deposited there; but its all lies, but believing in it makes the financial sytem work. If people lose that faith modern society will crumble; back to the caves.
Re: Near Death Experiences For Real? by Martinez19(m): 11:00am On Aug 03, 2017
holocron:
NDEs are just a feature of brain chemistry, nothing else. There is no consciousness after death. There is no consciousness in ordinary sleep, not to talk of death.

However, for psychological comfort we can postulate there is Life after death. We do that in many areas of life e.g money: for the smooth running of the economy we believe that the pieces of useless paper we carry about and call 'money' has a real value. And we believe that banks can keep these valuables for us when deposited there; but its all lies, but believing in it makes the financial sytem work. If people lose that faith modern society will crumble; back to the caves.
hmmmmmm spot on. What amazes me is the consistency of NDEs. Scientists these days are beginning to give in to this happening. They sat that hallucinations are different from NDEs
Re: Near Death Experiences For Real? by Peacefullove: 11:20am On Aug 03, 2017
The statement " A Car nearly hit the man " is totally different from the statement " A car hit the man. "

NDE's are just what they are . its not DEATH , the person experiencing Nde is still alive in some way, not yet dead, so no wonder they could still see some hallucinations.

The moment you will understand that NDE's is just a product of a persons imaginations is when a Muslim experience it and getting to heaven , he saw Mosque's .

while a Christian will disagree and say they met Jesus in heaven when they experience NDE. A right thinking person should know that all this conflicting information's prove it's all in the head of those who experience them.
Re: Near Death Experiences For Real? by edicied: 11:24am On Aug 03, 2017
Who said NDE wasn't real? They are even drugs you can take to Experience it, something to stop your heart for a little bit grin
Re: Near Death Experiences For Real? by Martinez19(m): 11:31am On Aug 03, 2017
Peacefullove:
The statement " A Car nearly hit the man " is totally different from the statement " A car hit the man. "

NDE's are just what they are . its not DEATH , the person experiencing Nde is still alive in some way, not yet dead, so no wonder they could still see some hallucinations.

The moment you will understand that NDE's is just a product of a persons imaginations is when a Muslim experience it and getting to heaven , he saw Mosque's .

while a Christian will disagree and say they met Jesus in heaven when they experience NDE. A right thinking person should know that all this conflicting information's prove it's all in the head of those who experience them.
actually, ndes are not conflicting. They are very consistent. From researches, they are different from hallucinations and drug-induced hallucinations
Re: Near Death Experiences For Real? by Peacefullove: 12:09pm On Aug 03, 2017
Martinez19:
actually, ndes are not conflicting. They are very consistent. From researches, they are different from hallucinations and drug-induced hallucinations

I can understand your point , Common traits are noted but when I talked about conflicting information's , I mean this :

" Many common elements have been reported,
although the person's interpretation of these
events often corresponds with the cultural,
philosophical , or religious beliefs of the person
experiencing it.
" - Wikipedia

nevertheless, religious beliefs are conflicting yet NDE's correspond with a persons religious beliefs
Re: Near Death Experiences For Real? by hopefulLandlord: 12:22pm On Aug 03, 2017
here to learn
Re: Near Death Experiences For Real? by Martinez19(m): 12:24pm On Aug 03, 2017
@Peacefullove thanks for your contributions, I really appreciate.
Re: Near Death Experiences For Real? by OtemAtum: 3:03pm On Aug 03, 2017
When I first experienced my NDE, I thought I was in a church campground, but when those I saw began to communicate to me through their minds and not by mouth(they were saying that they would leave me alone as long as I don't continue to reveal the lies of christiainity), I began to think otherwise. Finally just before I woke up, the name EUSEBIUS was spelt boldly to me in capital letter in the sky. I have never heard the name before. On waking up, I was shocked to discover after browsing that he is the fool who put life into the evil religion called Christianity which I was already destroying...

That was the first of my NDEs. Now I do astral projection on daily basis, though that isn't death per se, but OBE.
Re: Near Death Experiences For Real? by OtemAtum: 3:04pm On Aug 03, 2017
When I first experienced my NDE, I thought I was in a church campground, but when those I saw began to communicate to me through their minds and not by mouth(they were saying that they would leave me alone as long as I don't continue to reveal the lies of christiainity), I began to think otherwise. Finally just before I woke up, the name EUSEBIUS was spelt boldly to me in capital letter in the sky. I have never heard the name before. On waking up, I was shocked to discover after browsing that he is the fool who put life into the evil religion called Christianity which I was already destroying...

That was the first of my NDEs. Now I do astral projection on daily basis, though that isn't death per se, but OBE.
Re: Near Death Experiences For Real? by Martinez19(m): 5:38pm On Aug 03, 2017
OtemAtum:

who is eusebius? Real man or spirit.
Re: Near Death Experiences For Real? by OtemAtum: 5:54pm On Aug 03, 2017
Martinez19:
who is eusebius? Real man or spirit.
real man. The one who packaged Christianity well and gave it histories which it didn't have.
Re: Near Death Experiences For Real? by Martinez19(m): 6:28pm On Aug 03, 2017
OtemAtum:
real man. The one who packaged Christianity well and gave it histories which it didn't have.
I sent you a pm, hope you reply.
Re: Near Death Experiences For Real? by Niflheim(m): 3:20pm On Aug 04, 2017
@Martinez69,

I know of a member of Olumba Olumba who had an NDE and he found himself in a beautiful garden with a man seated on the throne!!! The man that he saw was Olumba Olumba himself!!! Christians always see Jesus and Hindus always see Hindu Gods!!! Lots of non-religious people see their mothers!!! There is nothing spiritual or divine about it!!! Just like computers have the "Garbage In and Garbage Out" mechanism!!! Your brain will only feed you with an image that had been placed into it in the past!!!

1 Like

Re: Near Death Experiences For Real? by cyborg123(m): 3:45pm On Aug 04, 2017
Interesting thread.

(1) (Reply)

Workers Chained & Locked Up By Popular Priest 4 Asking Him Pay 4 Their Works(pix / Pastor Chris: Apostle Suleiman Is Teaching A Wrong Teaching / Pastor Walks On Members, Says His To Holy To Touch The Ground

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.