Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,399 members, 7,954,579 topics. Date: Friday, 20 September 2024 at 11:27 PM

Salient Question For Travelanders Especially The Mods - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Salient Question For Travelanders Especially The Mods (493 Views)

Urgent Question For US Based Nairalanders!!! / How Easy Is Life Turkey Especially In Terms Of Student Jobs While Studying / Request accomplished. Mods please delete thread. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Salient Question For Travelanders Especially The Mods by Nobody: 12:24pm On Aug 03, 2017
Why do we have threads like
Nigerian students in Canada: How do you survive?
Nigerian students in USA: How do you survive?
Nigerian students in UK: How do you survive?

But never a thread dedicated to Nigerian students studying/ or wishing to study in African countries. I know a couple of people who dream of studying in Ghana, SA, Benin etc, but can't find genuine information on living conditions in these countries and i hear Ghana, and even Benin Republic churns out quite a handful of Nigerian-born graduates annually.(Had quite a few as friends during NYSC). So why is emphasis placed on western countries but hardly any attention is paid to Africa as a whole? This is a honest question and i would appreciate if a mod answered this.

Side questions:
1. Are you a Nigerian schooling in an African country?
2. How do you survive?
Am just curious and am sure someone out there will find your answers helpful.

1 Like

Re: Salient Question For Travelanders Especially The Mods by ladyF(f): 12:28pm On Aug 03, 2017
Just open your own thread and start the discussion. No need calling the mods...

2 Likes

Re: Salient Question For Travelanders Especially The Mods by Nobody: 12:33pm On Aug 03, 2017
ladyF:
Just open your own thread and start the discussion. No need calling the mods...
I have seen threads created by nairalanders asking for information and they never get any replies compared to those created by the travel section mod which are pinned to the top hence get maximum attention. Opening a thread isnt the issue here. Why the mods don't think these are important enough is what i want to know. Peace.
Re: Salient Question For Travelanders Especially The Mods by justwise(m): 6:45pm On Aug 03, 2017
Henryyy:
Why do we have threads like
Nigerian students in Canada: How do you survive?
Nigerian students in USA: How do you survive?
Nigerian students in UK: How do you survive?

But never a thread dedicated to Nigerian students studying/ or wishing to study in African countries. I know a couple of people who dream of studying in Ghana, SA, Benin etc, but can't find genuine information on living conditions in these countries and i hear Ghana, and even Benin Republic churns out quite a handful of Nigerian-born graduates annually.(Had quite a few as friends during NYSC). So why is emphasis placed on western countries but hardly any attention is paid to Africa as a whole? This is a honest question and i would appreciate if a mod answered this.

Side questions:
1. Are you a Nigerian schooling in an African country?
2. How do you survive?
Am just curious and am sure someone out there will find your answers helpful.

Stop complaining just start your own thread about any of those countries and stay back to answer questions.
Re: Salient Question For Travelanders Especially The Mods by Nobody: 6:55pm On Aug 03, 2017
justwise:

Stop complaining just start your own thread about any of those countries and stay back to answer questions.
There is no such thing as 'complaining' here Mr. I asked a simple question.If you have no tangible answer to the question, that's a different ball game entirely. BTW, nowhere in my post did I mention being a student in an African country and despite the side questions included, how many answers did you find here?
P.S: I know you're a mod but it is what it is.
Re: Salient Question For Travelanders Especially The Mods by justwise(m): 7:57pm On Aug 03, 2017
justwise:

Henryyy:

There is no such thing as 'complaining' here Mr. I asked a simple question.If you have no tangible answer to the question, that's a different ball game entirely. BTW, nowhere in my post did I mention being a student in an African country and despite the side questions included, how many answers did you find here?
P.S: I know you're a mod but it is what it is.

I stand by my first post, don't tell others what to do regarding this, just do it yourself and see how many people who want to travel to those countries to study/live or work.
Re: Salient Question For Travelanders Especially The Mods by Nobody: 8:12am On Aug 08, 2017

(1) (Reply)

This Airport Is Getting An Actual Outdoor Swimming Pool / Nigerians Mourns As 19 Die In Motor Accident / How Travel Technology Enhance Travel Business?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.