Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,773 members, 7,817,156 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 07:17 AM

8 Requirements For A Successful Talent Discovery - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / 8 Requirements For A Successful Talent Discovery (7010 Views)

Alice Sexual Discovery In A Wonderful World / Good Morning Habits For A Successful Day / Why Passion Is Greater Than Talent. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

8 Requirements For A Successful Talent Discovery by Nobody: 10:40pm On Aug 03, 2017
Thanks to Nairaland, because my last article was very successful. Not just because of the massive views but also largely because of the numerous emails I got pertaining to that article that made front page.
Thanks to lalasticla for being a darling.

I will say that about 40% of the emails I got pertained to talent discovery, while about 55% asked about talent monetization. This week, I have taken my time to write on 8 Requirements for a successful talent discovery. Please enjoy and don't forget to comment, share, and like.
Enjoy

- HUNGER
Ask most successful people who are making impact with their God given talents they will tell you that one of the things that propelled them to discover their talents was hunger (strong desire). Hunger can be in different ways:

- Hunger to live a better life
There is always a better life out there; it is your desire to live a better life that will determine the amount of work you will put into discovering your talents. Talents are not found on the surface, their discovery requires thorough digging and digging deep requires hunger to live a better life.

- Hunger to impact lives
Your hunger to better the lives of others around you is also another veritable tool to discovering one’s talents. A fulfilled life is a life that has impacted the lives of others.

- RIGHT MOTIVE
What’s your reason for wanting to discover your God given talents? Why do you want to become a successful singer, actor, speaker, footballer etc.? Is it so that you can attract the opposite sex and have so many concubines? In discovering our talents, we should always check out our motive(s).

- LOVE
Love for oneself and for others is the greatest propeller for a successful talent discovery adventure. When love is our motivating force, then we are on the right track.

- BOLDNESS
It will take boldness to discover your God given talents. It is a bold heart that will provide the strength you will need to dare your fears and take steps. A bold heart is what will give you the bigger share.

- BELIEF IN ONESELF
How can you attempt to discover something you don’t believe you have? Believe that God has deposited talents inside of you that have the ability to change your story for good and also the lives of others. You need to believe that you have it and that you can do it.

- POSSIBILITY MENTALITY
The impossibility mentality is the greatest killer of great dreams and talents. Most people do not believe that it’s possible to live comfortable with one’s talents. I believe all things are possible but only to those who believe that all things are possible. An impossibility mindset has the ability to choke the seed of greatness inside a man. It can stop a person from taking steps that could have led to his\her success.

- KNOWLEDGE
Knowledge is simply information you never knew existed. Most people already have the ‘why’ (motivation) but lack the ‘how’ (knowledge). If you don’t know what you have, and how to go about its discovery you will be searching for nothing.

- ACTION
Thank God for hunger, thank God for boldness, belief in oneself and even knowledge but the thin line between a talent and its success is action. No matter what you know until you take the right action towards its actualization you may never experience its success.
I strongly believe that these tips will put you aright in discovering your God given talents.

Succeed You Must

(c) Johnspeak Uwangue
Motivational Speaker, Talent and Life Coach.

For more enquiries or questions please contact:
Johnspeaklife@gmail.com

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: 8 Requirements For A Successful Talent Discovery by Howinspiratic(m): 7:40am On Aug 06, 2017
Do you know what helped me? Mine was that inordinate desire to make a change. A change that will be evident even in a victimised world. I can write, I can sing, I can talk.. What then do I need to make an impact? I had so many other skills and it brought confusion. I didn't know which tool that will lead to fulfilment. However, I never stopped looking within.

Not until months ago and someone said 'Henry, you've an amazing skill in writing, why not explore it? '

That was the beginning of impact. To many, I'm a successful business man. But I think success is when you discover your ultimate purpose in life and gear toward it. As long as I'm concerned, i'm a success as an impactor.

ENTMIRROR

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 8 Requirements For A Successful Talent Discovery by snazzy5050(m): 7:41am On Aug 06, 2017
JohnspeakU:

- HUNGER
Ask most successful people who are making impact with their God given talents they will tell you that one of the things that propelled them to discover their talents was hunger (strong desire). Hunger can be in different ways:

Thought you meant hunger like in stomach grin grin
At the end it was a nice post! nice one op.

1 Like

Re: 8 Requirements For A Successful Talent Discovery by Ezedon(m): 7:41am On Aug 06, 2017
There are some good talents that needs government assistance but due to bad government the talent will die off

1 Like

Re: 8 Requirements For A Successful Talent Discovery by chukelvin(m): 7:43am On Aug 06, 2017
Well-said
Re: 8 Requirements For A Successful Talent Discovery by MARSONE: 7:44am On Aug 06, 2017
cry
Re: 8 Requirements For A Successful Talent Discovery by iamwoods(m): 7:45am On Aug 06, 2017
Buhari
Re: 8 Requirements For A Successful Talent Discovery by apeiron24(m): 7:46am On Aug 06, 2017
I will pay this OP to write for me
Re: 8 Requirements For A Successful Talent Discovery by MrTeymee(m): 7:47am On Aug 06, 2017
hmm
Re: 8 Requirements For A Successful Talent Discovery by xpressng(m): 7:55am On Aug 06, 2017
good
Re: 8 Requirements For A Successful Talent Discovery by Nobody: 7:57am On Aug 06, 2017
una neva go church?
Re: 8 Requirements For A Successful Talent Discovery by Promismike(m): 8:05am On Aug 06, 2017
After one must have discovered his talent. The major thing becomes how to finance it. I discovered my talent long ago. I can sing, write and compose songs(gospel). It has been there. And was improved when I learnt to play guitar. But honestly finance has been my major problem. It is easier to pursue your dream when the finance is ready.

1 Like

Re: 8 Requirements For A Successful Talent Discovery by funnynation(m): 8:09am On Aug 06, 2017
You are very right.. Na when hunger beat I discover say I funny.

Nice write up..

Ayam AbjFinestMc
Nairaland official comedian
Re: 8 Requirements For A Successful Talent Discovery by Nobody: 8:16am On Aug 06, 2017
THANK GOD!! I HAVE ALL THIS!!! I AM REALLY GONNA BE SUCCESSFUL!!!!!

And it is already working out for me
Re: 8 Requirements For A Successful Talent Discovery by rawpadgin(m): 8:38am On Aug 06, 2017
hunger is the no. 1 key to discovering ones talent

Wen hungry wire u u go know God deposit talent inside ugrin

1 Like

Re: 8 Requirements For A Successful Talent Discovery by jojothegreat(m): 8:57am On Aug 06, 2017
Nice one Op
I wish the finance is there already
Re: 8 Requirements For A Successful Talent Discovery by uchebest2006(m): 9:05am On Aug 06, 2017
Thanks Mr John....you replied my mail,am grateful.
Re: 8 Requirements For A Successful Talent Discovery by Abyolah: 9:25am On Aug 06, 2017
seen
Re: 8 Requirements For A Successful Talent Discovery by chnovpaul(m): 10:05am On Aug 06, 2017
Promismike:
After one must have discovered his talent. The major thing becomes how to finance it. I discovered my talent long ago. I can sing, write and compose songs(gospel). It has been there. And was improved when I learnt to play guitar. But honestly finance has been my major problem. It is easier to pursue your dream when the finance is ready.

I completely agree with you.

But it is also not an excuse to give up on those dreams because the finance isn't there. Big things start small.

Unfortunately, so many young people are comfortable with giving excuses..."the country is hard", "recession is in town", "there is no money", "there's no one to help me", etc.

Get up and help yourself. Start small, and build.

Rome wasn't formed in a day, remember?

2 Likes

Re: 8 Requirements For A Successful Talent Discovery by nwaconnect: 10:21am On Aug 06, 2017
Reason for my success is that People around me will never suffer!!!

THANK YOU JESUS!!!
Re: 8 Requirements For A Successful Talent Discovery by YOLO1(m): 10:54am On Aug 06, 2017
U should have changed that hunger to desire
Re: 8 Requirements For A Successful Talent Discovery by Nobody: 12:43pm On Aug 06, 2017
Do you know that if Glo sponsored NYSC..there won't be service? grin

Listen to my new song dedicated to all Nigerian rappers at

https://my.notjustok.com/track/download/id/233002/

Listen to my dope rap freestyle at
https://my.notjustok.com/track/download/id/24670/

Re: 8 Requirements For A Successful Talent Discovery by valinno(m): 1:16pm On Aug 06, 2017
innoval4real@gmail.com
Re: 8 Requirements For A Successful Talent Discovery by Hartzee: 2:45pm On Aug 06, 2017
Those who believe in you also play a role.
Re: 8 Requirements For A Successful Talent Discovery by Nobody: 3:45pm On Aug 06, 2017
Howinspiratic:
Do you know what helped me? Mine was that inordinate desire to make a change. A change that will be evident even in a victimised world. I can write, I can sing, I can talk.. What then do I need to make an impact? I had so many other skills and it brought confusion. I didn't know which tool that will lead to fulfilment. However, I never stopped looking within.

Not until months ago and someone said 'Henry, you've an amazing skill in writing, why not explore it? '

That was the beginning of impact. To many, I'm a successful business man. But I think success is when you discover your ultimate purpose in life and gear toward it. As long as I'm concerned, i'm a success as an impactor.

ENTMIRROR

Howinspiratic

Thanks for sharing
Re: 8 Requirements For A Successful Talent Discovery by Nobody: 3:49pm On Aug 06, 2017
snazzy5050:
Thought you meant hunger like in stomach grin grin
At the end it was a nice post! nice one op.

Snazzy5050

Yes, being hungry for food is part of hunger. But not everyone who hasn't eaten want to discover his or her talent. Some people think we'll when they have eaten.

Thanks anyway.
Re: 8 Requirements For A Successful Talent Discovery by Nobody: 3:52pm On Aug 06, 2017
Ezedon:
There are some good talents that needs government assistance but due to bad government the talent will die off

Ezedon

Well, it's unfortunate that we live in a country where leaders think only about themselves. But we shouldn't put our destiny in the hands of anyone.

If your motives for wanting to live with your talent is right, the forces of life will work in your favor.

Thanks.

(1) (Reply)

The Missing Soulmate / My First Love / STORY: Mrs. Chika, My Favorite 'teacher'[part 1,2, 3, 4, 5, 6 & 7]

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.