Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,790 members, 7,817,282 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 09:25 AM

A Nairalander Creates An Android App For Nairaland!!! - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / A Nairalander Creates An Android App For Nairaland!!! (2277 Views)

Chinedu Daniel (andela Programmer) Creates Chrome Extension For Nairaland / I Need An Android App Developer. / An Online Compiler, Interpreter And IDE For Nairaland (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

A Nairalander Creates An Android App For Nairaland!!! by michealdeco: 11:03pm On Aug 03, 2017
Good evening all

I decided to create this Nairaland android app (note: for personal use)
Reason: tired of logging in through browser

See screenshots below

Ur comment is appreciated

Cc; lalasticlala , seun , mynd44

1 Like

Re: A Nairalander Creates An Android App For Nairaland!!! by Oluwasaeon(m): 11:20pm On Aug 03, 2017
Good job

1 Like

Re: A Nairalander Creates An Android App For Nairaland!!! by adenuga558(m): 10:37am On Aug 04, 2017
hmm bro nice one, but y don't u stop using android webview.

1 Like

Re: A Nairalander Creates An Android App For Nairaland!!! by michealdeco: 10:51am On Aug 04, 2017
adenuga558:
hmm bro nice one, but y don't u stop using android webview.
which one is better than android webview??
Re: A Nairalander Creates An Android App For Nairaland!!! by David160(m): 12:52pm On Aug 04, 2017
michealdeco:
Good evening all
I decided to create this Nairaland android app (note: for personal use) Reason: tired of logging in through browser
See screenshots below
Ur comment is appreciated
Cc; lalasticlala , seun , mynd44
bro give me d download link naa
Re: A Nairalander Creates An Android App For Nairaland!!! by adenuga558(m): 12:36pm On Aug 06, 2017
create a restful Api using php
Re: A Nairalander Creates An Android App For Nairaland!!! by Akin1212(m): 2:21pm On Aug 06, 2017
All these amateurs abusing android programming everywhere. You just turned Nairaland's website into a useless android file and you called that an Android app? Where is the source code, the MainActivity.java, the xml files? Go and learn real programming and be creative, please.

4 Likes

Re: A Nairalander Creates An Android App For Nairaland!!! by adenuga558(m): 3:47pm On Aug 06, 2017
Akin1212:
All these amateurs abusing android programming everywhere. You just turned Nairaland's website into a useless android file and you called that an Android app? Where is the source code, the mainactivity.java, the xml files? Go and learn real programming and be creative, please.
bro what u said is right but d dude will think u are discouraging him.

2 Likes

Re: A Nairalander Creates An Android App For Nairaland!!! by SilverG33k(m): 7:24pm On Aug 06, 2017
Good job bro, but unfortunately, what u did is just a plain browser like app to surf nairaland only, its not accepted by the general public, reasons;
Its slow compared to normal browsers especially operamini
Be creative and do something better, I did exactly what you did but did not release it out to the general because I just found out its not an app, its not even a browser, its just a normal helloworld to android app development
Re: A Nairalander Creates An Android App For Nairaland!!! by michealdeco: 7:31pm On Aug 06, 2017
Am not a programmer and is for personal use so
Mr Akin u can go create ur app with main activity for all I care who does it bleeping concern??
Re: A Nairalander Creates An Android App For Nairaland!!! by melodyogonna(m): 7:33pm On Aug 06, 2017
SilverG33k:
Good job bro, but unfortunately, what u did is just a plain browser like app to surf nairaland only, its not accepted by the general public, reasons;
Its slow compared to normal browsers especially operamini
Be creative and do something better, I did exactly what you did but did not release it out to the general because I just found out its not an app, its not even a browser, its just a normal helloworld to android app development
lol
Re: A Nairalander Creates An Android App For Nairaland!!! by Akin1212(m): 8:19pm On Aug 06, 2017
adenuga558:
bro what u said is right but d dude will think u are discouraging him.

Anyhow he takes it is his responsibility.
Re: A Nairalander Creates An Android App For Nairaland!!! by Akin1212(m): 8:21pm On Aug 06, 2017
michealdeco:
Am not a programmer and is for personal use so
Mr Akin u can go create ur app with main activity for all I care who does it bleeping concern??

Then what is the post doing in this section? Why did you open the thread in Programming section that you developed an app even when you are not a developer nor a programmer? Nigerians and misplaced agendas, I don't blame you.

2 Likes

Re: A Nairalander Creates An Android App For Nairaland!!! by michealdeco: 8:32pm On Aug 06, 2017
Akin1212:

Then what is the post doing in this section? Why did you open the thread in Programming section that you developed an app even when you are not a developer nor a programmer? Nigerians and misplaced agendas, I don't blame you.
Mr wisest programmer in this world
I have noticed you can u rest now?
Re: A Nairalander Creates An Android App For Nairaland!!! by adenuga558(m): 9:51pm On Aug 06, 2017
michealdeco:
Mr wisest programmer in this world
I have noticed you can u rest now?

hmm
Re: A Nairalander Creates An Android App For Nairaland!!! by DevDenky: 12:15am On Aug 07, 2017
Lol, this thread really cracked me up
Re: A Nairalander Creates An Android App For Nairaland!!! by Nobody: 6:23am On Aug 07, 2017
Akin1212:
All these amateurs abusing android programming everywhere. You just turned Nairaland's website into a useless android file and you called that an Android app? Where is the source code, the mainactivity.java, the xml files? Go and learn real programming and be creative, please.

You know I was going to say the same thing that we encourage mediocrity because as far as am concerned nairaland has no public API. However I will come off as being mean but this is not an app. Its practically a shortcut
Re: A Nairalander Creates An Android App For Nairaland!!! by jidez007: 7:36am On Aug 07, 2017
Creating a bookmark with a browser is far better than this, a browser will always have more features than just a webview.
Re: A Nairalander Creates An Android App For Nairaland!!! by CodeBlooded: 8:10am On Aug 07, 2017
Do not despise his little beginning guys, Adenuga said the right thing the right way. Ya all just need to tell him the right thing, then it's up to him to learn or not.
Re: A Nairalander Creates An Android App For Nairaland!!! by Nobody: 9:52am On Aug 07, 2017
CodeBlooded:
Do not despise his little beginning guys, Adenuga said the right thing the right way. Ya all just need to tell him the right thing, then it's up to him to learn or not.

We are not trying to be harsh but you can't try to hug the glory without putting work. We are only being factual here. There's no purpose here other than glorification. If he built a plain app getting the data from somewhere we'd encourage him more because we'd know its no easy feat, because that means scraping data and formatting them.

2 Likes

Re: A Nairalander Creates An Android App For Nairaland!!! by Kingdolo(m): 9:59am On Aug 07, 2017
You can do better ...
Re: A Nairalander Creates An Android App For Nairaland!!! by Akin1212(m): 3:39pm On Aug 09, 2017
pcguru1:

You know I was going to say the same thing that we encourage mediocrity because as far as am concerned nairaland has no public API. However I will come off as being mean but this is not an app. Its practically a shortcut

Mediocrity at its peak, if he wants to be a programmer then he should follow the right route. This kind of feat really riles me. If someone, unfortunately, gives him a job and he fumbles by giving the person a web view, he would definitely tarnish the images of the programmers here on nairaland.

1 Like

Re: A Nairalander Creates An Android App For Nairaland!!! by DonaldGenes(m): 12:55am On Aug 10, 2017
Akin1212:

(Lmao)
Re: A Nairalander Creates An Android App For Nairaland!!! by Donald3d(m): 5:50pm On Aug 10, 2017
Akin1212:
All these amateurs abusing android programming everywhere. You just turned Nairaland's website into a useless android file and you called that an Android app? Where is the source code, the MainActivity.java, the xml files? Go and learn real programming and be creative, please.
You don't need to be dis harsh oga
Take it easy
There is a way to pass your message in a better way

(1) (Reply)

Nigerian Freelance Services And Micro Jobs Marketplace - Oyerr Support / Practical Guide For Web Development 2019 Part 2 / Developing Desktop Application Using Actionscript

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.