Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,749 members, 7,824,158 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 01:07 AM

Igbo Surname Ideas Please!!!! - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Igbo Surname Ideas Please!!!! (1267 Views)

Where Does The Surname Jatto Come From? / Surname: Why Not Mother's Name? / What Does You Nigerian Surname Say About You? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Igbo Surname Ideas Please!!!! by Nobody: 4:23pm On Aug 04, 2017
I was given the name Ifeanyi during my naming ceremony and was also told I was a member of the royal family. I was told that everyone has a different last name to keep their ancestors going. What would be a nice surname to add on to it?
Re: Igbo Surname Ideas Please!!!! by BornnAgainChild(f): 4:29pm On Aug 04, 2017
Chukwueweliwekanmadusinewe

1 Like

Re: Igbo Surname Ideas Please!!!! by BornnAgainChild(f): 4:29pm On Aug 04, 2017
Osondu
Re: Igbo Surname Ideas Please!!!! by BornnAgainChild(f): 4:30pm On Aug 04, 2017
Offor
Re: Igbo Surname Ideas Please!!!! by overdrive(m): 4:41pm On Aug 04, 2017
obialuije!
Re: Igbo Surname Ideas Please!!!! by Orobo2Lekpa: 4:47pm On Aug 04, 2017
Udene
Re: Igbo Surname Ideas Please!!!! by Phut(f): 4:52pm On Aug 04, 2017
Jcolston89:
I was given the name Ifeanyi during my naming ceremony and was also told I was a member of the royal family. I was told that everyone has a different last name to keep their ancestors going. What would be a nice surname to add on to it?

Ofo = Staff of truth

Jideofo = Hold the staff of truth

Obiajulu = Mind is at peace

Obiora = Heart of the people

What principles, phrase etc do you want to guide you and your family, on your life's journey? If you can tell us, then we can suggest names that mean the same or similar. That is how naming is done in our culture.

2 Likes

Re: Igbo Surname Ideas Please!!!! by Phut(f): 4:53pm On Aug 04, 2017
Jcolston89:

Some one already suggested Obialuije which is a very good name. Obialuije means some who is on a journey (i.e. one with a purpose on earth).

Nwafo = Son of the soil
Nzeribe
Ezeribe
Ezenwa = boy/girl King

Do not consider Udene. Udene = Vulture

2 Likes

Re: Igbo Surname Ideas Please!!!! by Homeboiy: 5:06pm On Aug 04, 2017
Omengbeoji

Eriuwa

Egodi
Re: Igbo Surname Ideas Please!!!! by wtfcoded: 7:29pm On Aug 04, 2017
Ojiofor
Re: Igbo Surname Ideas Please!!!! by Daewang: 10:17am On Aug 05, 2017
Nwobodo-child of the country
Re: Igbo Surname Ideas Please!!!! by Nobody: 4:56pm On Aug 05, 2017
Phut:

Some one already suggested Obialuije which is a very good name. Obialuije means some who is on a journey (i.e. one with a purpose on earth).

Nwafo = Son of the soil
Nzeribe
Ezeribe
Ezenwa = boy/girl King

Do not consider Udene. Udene = Vulture

Obialuije sounds really nice
Re: Igbo Surname Ideas Please!!!! by Nobody: 4:58pm On Aug 05, 2017
Phut:

Ofo = Staff of truth

Jideofo = Hold the staff of truth

Obiajulu = Mind is at peace

Obiora = Heart of the people

What principles, phrase etc do you want to guide you and your family, on your life's journey? If you can tell us, then we can suggest names that mean the same or similar. That is how naming is done in our culture.

I'm looking for something that defines compassion, humility, determination and strength. I'm part of the Nnama royal family but I wouldn't necessarily attach the name to me.

(1) (Reply)

Itsekiris Formally Inform Oba Of Benin On Coronation / Americans Who Could Pass For Any Nigerian Nation / Ile-ife- City Of 201 Gods(3) (conversion & The New Face Of Modernity In Ile-ife)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.