Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,016 members, 7,845,284 topics. Date: Thursday, 30 May 2024 at 02:50 PM

Why Do Pastors Avoid Preaching Against Sin In Their Church? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why Do Pastors Avoid Preaching Against Sin In Their Church? (368 Views)

Daddy Freeze: 'I Was Still Paying Tithes While I Was Preaching Against It' / Is Alcohol A Sin In Christiandom? / Why Do Pastors Prefer Malachi To Deuteronomy When Preaching About Tithe? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Do Pastors Avoid Preaching Against Sin In Their Church? by chuks5552: 8:24am On Aug 06, 2017
Please My fellow nairalanders, this is really bothering me Majority of churches you see now are mainly focused on prophecy signs wonders healing miracles breakthrough prosperity riches and so on sowing seed,vow tithes and offering

Hardly any church you enter you will not find all these things going and on even in the cable. The new trend is now displaying account numbers on cables for offerins and so on

Worldliness is the order of the day even in churches

Does it mean that preaching on salvation sanctification and holiness holy ghost baptism,
Doctrines on the reality of heaven and hell and that Jesus is coming soon are outdated and no more relevant and warning their members against sin and how to always be at peace with God is no more necessary

Are the prophecies concerning the last days being fulfilled?
Re: Why Do Pastors Avoid Preaching Against Sin In Their Church? by eezeribe(m): 8:25am On Aug 06, 2017
... Because their churches are filled with sinners and a house divided against itself cannot stand.
The pastors depend on the financial donations of their members to fund their extravagant lifestyles,so they preach what the members want to hear... PROSPERITY.
lalasticlala,Mynd44

2 Likes

Re: Why Do Pastors Avoid Preaching Against Sin In Their Church? by CAPSLOCKED: 8:25am On Aug 06, 2017

THE SAME REASON WHY THEY DON'T TALK ABOUT Deuteronomy 22:28-29, AND OTHER ABSURD, HORRIFIC, AND COMPLETELY ILLOGICAL PARTS OF THE BIBLE.

THEY ALWAYS TALK ABOUT MIRACLES AND PROSPERITY BECAUSE THAT'S WHAT MOST PEOPLE WANNA HEAR.

IF A PASTOR KEEPS SAYING "DO NOT HAVE SEX OR DRINK ALCOHOL" ON EVERY SUNDAY, NOBODY WILL LIKE TO GO THERE BECAUSE EVERYONE HATES SINNING AND OFFENDING GOD, BUT WHEN IT COMES TO SEX AND ALCOHOL-RAINNING PARTIES.. . SERIOUSLY THEY KEEP THE GOD THING AS FAR AWAY AS POSSIBLE.

THE PREACHERS DON'T TALK ABOUT SIN BECAUSE IT WORKS FOR THEM THAT YOU'RE THEIR CASH COW, AS A CHRISTIAN.
THEY'LL RUN OUT OF BUSINESS IF YOU DON'T KEEP COMING. cheesy
Re: Why Do Pastors Avoid Preaching Against Sin In Their Church? by hopefulLandlord: 8:26am On Aug 06, 2017
Just in case
Re: Why Do Pastors Avoid Preaching Against Sin In Their Church? by chuks5552: 8:34am On Aug 06, 2017
hopefulLandlord:
Just in case
Re: Why Do Pastors Avoid Preaching Against Sin In Their Church? by Nobody: 8:37am On Aug 06, 2017
Because the fake pastors want money. I don't attend such churches. It's probably why the congregations are small at the churches I attend.
Re: Why Do Pastors Avoid Preaching Against Sin In Their Church? by chuks5552: 8:51am On Aug 06, 2017
May God deliver bus some popular prophets around us claiming to be doing miracles and mighty works are really agents of the devil
Re: Why Do Pastors Avoid Preaching Against Sin In Their Church? by chuks5552: 6:13pm On Aug 06, 2017
Lala..

(1) (Reply)

Bishop David oyedepo and the ungrateful woman. / Photos: Singer Obiwon, Graduates From Rccg's School Of Disciple / Question: "What Is The Church?"

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.