Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,991 members, 7,821,457 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 01:15 PM

Community Shield: Arsenal Vs Chelsea. Who Will Be The Winner After 90min? - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Community Shield: Arsenal Vs Chelsea. Who Will Be The Winner After 90min? (423 Views)

Man Utd VS Chelsea...who Is More STRONGER... / 6 Players Rejected By Chelsea Who Became Super Stars / Between Manchester United And Chelsea, Who Got The Better Deal? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Community Shield: Arsenal Vs Chelsea. Who Will Be The Winner After 90min? by Thomasloaded(m): 8:41am On Aug 06, 2017
What is it?

It's the season's traditional 'curtain raiser' as Premier League champions Chelsea face FA cup winner Arsenal in the Community Shield at Wembley.

When is it?
The game is today afternoon.

What time is kick-off?
Today, 2:00 PM

Venue
Wembley Stadium, Wembley

What is the team news?
Arsenal
Arsene Wenger is close to having a full compliment to choose from at Wembley, but doubts remain over Alexis Sanchez and Shkodran Mustafi after their Confederations Cup exertions. Wenger said Sanchez looked like he had never been away in his first few training sessions back in London, but he will be assessed ahead of Sunday's game.

Alexis Sanchez
Alexis Sanchez returned to Arsenal after a bout of flu.
Francis Coquelin is a definite absentee after an ankle ligament injury, but Aaron Ramsey is expected to recover from a slight muscular scare to partner Granit Xhaka in central midfield. New signings Alexandre Lacazette and Sead Kolasinac are expected to feature prominently.

Chelsea
Last season's star players Eden Hazard and Diego Costa are unavailable, with the Belgian playmaker recovering from a broken ankle and Costa exiled from the squad by Antonio Conte. Pedro is also a doubt meaning summer signing Alvaro Morata might start in a more withdrawn role behind Michy Batshuayi.
What are they saying?

Arsene Wenger
"For us it is just a good opportunity to repeat the performance from the FA Cup final.

"The two team will certainly go for the first trophy of the season with power and a desire as well to be ready for the championship, so that plays a part in it as well.

"I would say that Chelsea look like they have kept the basis of 95 per cent of their squad. They have added Bakayoko who is a very strong player, strong ball-winner, similar to Matic, maybe less distant runner but more of an impact player - but certainly they will fight for the championship again."

Antonio Conte on Costa:
“I have to repeat the same? For me it's very simple, the situation. I repeat what I said in the past, maybe 10 days ago. The player, his agent and the club knew very well the future of the player in the summer.
“They knew very well. For sure I don't understand why lawyers are getting involved. I don't understand this. The situation is very clear and is always the same.”

Source:http://www.thomasloaded.com/2017/08/community-shield-arsenal-vs-chelsea-who.html

(1) (Reply)

Messi Is Unsure About Barcelona Future, Claims Benedito / Rohr Names Mikel,33 Others For Battle With Cameroon / Dembele Finally Signed A €147 Million Deal With Barcelona

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.