Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,417 members, 7,826,607 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 05:09 PM

How A Smartphones Destroyed A Generation. - Science/Technology - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / How A Smartphones Destroyed A Generation. (376 Views)

Nigerian Teens Make Sci-fi Films With Smartphones Video / Rare Super Blood Wolf Moon Turns Red In Once In A Generation Event (video) / Scientist Finally Discovered What Destroyed Sodom And Gomorrah 3700 Years Ago (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

How A Smartphones Destroyed A Generation. by wikispot: 11:06am On Aug 06, 2017
More comfortable online than out partying, post-Millennials are safer, physically, than adolescents have ever been. But they’re on the brink of a mental-health crisis.

One day last summer, around noon, I called Athena, a 13-year-old who lives in Houston, Texas. She answered her phone—she’s had an iPhone since she was 11—sounding as if she’d just woken up. We chatted about her favorite songs and TV shows, and I asked her what she likes to do with her friends. “We go to the mall,” she said. “Do your parents drop you off?,” I asked, recalling my own middle-school days, in the 1980s, when I’d enjoy a few parent-free hours shopping with my friends. “No—I go with my family,” she replie...

Full story @ https://newspreads..com.ng/2017/08/how-smartphones-destroyed-generation.html

(1) (Reply)

Infinix Mobility Brings Cinema To Your Palms With HOT 5 / India Stakes Over $10B Billion In Africa; Seeks More Investment Opportunities / Berlinlasers Green Laser Line Generator With Glass Coated Lens

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 6
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.