Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,238 members, 7,818,799 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 04:16 AM

Snapdragon vs Mediatek vs Intel -Processor Importance When Buying a Smartphone - Phones (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Snapdragon vs Mediatek vs Intel -Processor Importance When Buying a Smartphone (18342 Views)

Samsung Galaxy A21s Vs A31 - Exynos 850 Vs Mediatek Helio P65 / The Difference Between Snapdragon And Mediatek. / Chinese Market Where You Can Build A Smartphone From Scratch In A Couple Of Hour (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Snapdragon vs Mediatek vs Intel -Processor Importance When Buying a Smartphone by princetom1(m): 8:31pm On Aug 06, 2017
superemmy:

Using illustrations of phones in mid range that use the differing chipsets, we have:

Xiaomi Mi 5 is powered by 1.3GHz quad-core Qualcomm Snapdragon 820 processor and it comes with 3GB of RAM.
Officially unveiled in November, Qualcomm will be hoping the Snapdragon 820 both sets new standards in the mobile processor space, and overcomes the problems that have dogged its predecessor like overheating which affects both performance and battery life.. Qualcomm is claiming the new SoC will consume 30% less power improving battery life and performance.

Infinix Note 3 Pro
Infinix Note 3 Pro comes with Helio X10 MT6795 coupled with 3GB RAM1.3GHz octa-core CPU.

Earlier this year MediaTek launched its new Helio brand of SoCs. Unlike the bland sounding MTxxxx range of SoCs, the Helio branding brings MediaTek into line with Samsung and Qualcomm with their Exynos and Snapdragon brands. The first MediaTek Helio SoC is the Helio X10, an octa-core processor with four 2.0 GHz Cortex-A53 cores and four 2.2 GHz Cortex-A53 cores, backed by a PowerVR 6200 GPU. If that setup sounds familiar it is because that was also the specs of the MediaTek MT6795 and, as far as I can tell, the Helios X10 is in fact just a rebrand of the MT6795.

Lenovo's K900. This is a great phone with stunning specs it is powered with new Intel Atom processor of 2GHz with 2GB RAM. The phone runs o Intel's 64-bit Atom 2GHz quad-core processor, and supports LTE-Advanced (FDD and TDD), which offers theoretical download speeds of 150Mbps. It's also packing a huge 4000mAh battery that Lenovo tells us will last about two days.

Depending on specs, pricing range and availability of these devices here are just a few examples of which phones use what chipsets.

Geez zzz, for God sake, research before u paste trash, snapdragon 820, clock speed 1.3ghz? U made am yourself?
Helio x10, same thing again before ur copy and paste post below point to another clock speed... Na waa o...
Re: Snapdragon vs Mediatek vs Intel -Processor Importance When Buying a Smartphone by princetom1(m): 8:32pm On Aug 06, 2017
Yseone:
So op which of these are you advising us to use or buy??

Anyone you can afford, based on ur budget... You should try out Xiaomi product dou
Re: Snapdragon vs Mediatek vs Intel -Processor Importance When Buying a Smartphone by Lexusgs430: 8:35pm On Aug 06, 2017
xtervaganza:
ive seen your review of the phone and its a great phone. I also use an MTK device now when I lost my Samsung and dollar is not smiling

Thank you Boss............ My review on my Umidigi Z1 Pro is a true and honest personal review.
Its truly a fantastic MTK device, that now sells for only $279.99.

My days of spending sub $500, are now truly over.....
Re: Snapdragon vs Mediatek vs Intel -Processor Importance When Buying a Smartphone by DONADAMS(m): 9:33pm On Aug 06, 2017
NigeriaBam:

Xiaomi Redmi Note 4x

These are key features

Xiaomi Redmi Note 4x
3GB RAM
32GB ROM
Mobile Phone processor: Snapdragon
625 Octa Core CPU
Size: 5.5"
Display: Full HD
Camera: 13MP Camera
Battery: 4100mah
MIUI8.2

Other specifications:

= Fingerprint ID
= CPU --Snapdragon 625 octa core CPU (Adreno 506 GPU 650MHz ) --Old Note 4 is MTK CPU
= Screen -- 5.5-inch HD Display 403PPI
= Storage--3GB RAM + 32GB ROM (Support 128GB TF Card , VFat Format Only )
= Camera -- 13MP Rear Camera, 5MP Front Camera
= System: MIUI 8.2 Android 6.0 OS with more languages
= Battery -- 4100mAh(Typ)/4000 (Min)
= Network --Full Netcom, Dual SIM Dual Standby Micro SIM slot + Nano SIM/MicroSDslot
> 2G: GSM 850/900/1800/1900MHz
> 3G: WCDMA 850/900/1900/2100MHz
> 4G: FDD LTE B5:850 /B8:900 /B4:1700 /B3:1800 /B1:2100 /B7:2600 /B20:800
TD LTE B38:2600MHz B40:2300MHz

Contact/whatsapp
how much?
Re: Snapdragon vs Mediatek vs Intel -Processor Importance When Buying a Smartphone by Osaki07: 10:14pm On Aug 06, 2017
superemmy:

Using illustrations of phones in mid range that use the differing chipsets, we have:

Xiaomi Mi 5 is powered by 1.3GHz quad-core Qualcomm Snapdragon 820 processor and it comes with 3GB of RAM.
Officially unveiled in November, Qualcomm will be hoping the Snapdragon 820 both sets new standards in the mobile processor space, and overcomes the problems that have dogged its predecessor like overheating which affects both performance and battery life.. Qualcomm is claiming the new SoC will consume 30% less power improving battery life and performance.

Infinix Note 3 Pro
Infinix Note 3 Pro comes with Helio X10 MT6795 coupled with 3GB RAM1.3GHz octa-core CPU.

Earlier this year MediaTek launched its new Helio brand of SoCs. Unlike the bland sounding MTxxxx range of SoCs, the Helio branding brings MediaTek into line with Samsung and Qualcomm with their Exynos and Snapdragon brands. The first MediaTek Helio SoC is the Helio X10, an octa-core processor with four 2.0 GHz Cortex-A53 cores and four 2.2 GHz Cortex-A53 cores, backed by a PowerVR 6200 GPU. If that setup sounds familiar it is because that was also the specs of the MediaTek MT6795 and, as far as I can tell, the Helios X10 is in fact just a rebrand of the MT6795.

Lenovo's K900. This is a great phone with stunning specs it is powered with new Intel Atom processor of 2GHz with 2GB RAM. The phone runs o Intel's 64-bit Atom 2GHz quad-core processor, and supports LTE-Advanced (FDD and TDD), which offers theoretical download speeds of 150Mbps. It's also packing a huge 4000mAh battery that Lenovo tells us will last about two days.

Depending on specs, pricing range and availability of these devices here are just a few examples of which phones use what chipsets.
Umm.. the Mi5 actually possess a chipset clocked at 2.15GHz for the premium version then 1.8GHz for the standard version.

Re: Snapdragon vs Mediatek vs Intel -Processor Importance When Buying a Smartphone by Osaki07: 10:18pm On Aug 06, 2017
princetom1:

Geez zzz, for God sake, research before u paste trash, snapdragon 820, clock speed 1.3ghz? U made am yourself?
Helio x10, same thing again before ur copy and paste post below point to another clock speed... Na waa o...
I tell you grin
Re: Snapdragon vs Mediatek vs Intel -Processor Importance When Buying a Smartphone by abdulo4real: 10:37pm On Aug 06, 2017
DonAustyne:
PLEASE CAN U STATE D PHONE DAT USE INTEL ATOM
most Asus phones uses INTEL ATOM processor.........
Re: Snapdragon vs Mediatek vs Intel -Processor Importance When Buying a Smartphone by GrandMufti: 2:12am On Aug 07, 2017
Re: Snapdragon vs Mediatek vs Intel -Processor Importance When Buying a Smartphone by DjAndroid: 5:41am On Aug 07, 2017
LAFO:
Educative.

I would have preferred you stating which phones uses what chip sets.
Kudos

All Tecno, Infinix, gionne, Itel, some HTC, etc use mediatek.

Samsung uses snapdragon (I don't know other devices that use it)

1 Like

Re: Snapdragon vs Mediatek vs Intel -Processor Importance When Buying a Smartphone by eluquenson(m): 5:43am On Aug 07, 2017
My Lenovo Yoga Tab 2 10.1 uses Intel Atom
The tab is power efficient, although I can't really measure the heat performance of the processor cos the battery capacity is 9600mah
Re: Snapdragon vs Mediatek vs Intel -Processor Importance When Buying a Smartphone by LAFO: 6:57am On Aug 07, 2017
DjAndroid:

Thanks
Re: Snapdragon vs Mediatek vs Intel -Processor Importance When Buying a Smartphone by obidevine(m): 7:20am On Aug 07, 2017
princetom1:

Mr copy and paste, next time check all the facts before u post, eg, for the fact that a processor uses more cores doesn't mean it will generate more heat,
1) most of the cores are idle wen u aren't pushing ur phone prowess much
2) bigger cores produce more heat than smaller cores
3) Manufacturing process goes a long way too, eg, 20 nm vs 10 nm process etc
Also, mediatek might rely on third party for its CPU bt what will u call a cpu that has everything just like Qualcomm? Do u have any oda name apart from SOC for it? As a matter of fact, apart from Intel, almost all oda proceedings producer for mobile platform are SOC... Also, all these company also price proceeds that aren't SOC too, including Qualcomm.... U hear?

Hi, I'm thinking of getting the new Nokia 3 android phone. It uses an mtk (mediatek) processor. What do you think about it?
Re: Snapdragon vs Mediatek vs Intel -Processor Importance When Buying a Smartphone by paradigmshift(m): 7:20am On Aug 07, 2017
NigeriaBam:

Xiaomi Redmi Note 4x

These are key features

Xiaomi Redmi Note 4x
3GB RAM
32GB ROM
Mobile Phone processor: Snapdragon
625 Octa Core CPU
Size: 5.5"
Display: Full HD
Camera: 13MP Camera
Battery: 4100mah
MIUI8.2

Other specifications:

= Fingerprint ID
= CPU --Snapdragon 625 octa core CPU (Adreno 506 GPU 650MHz ) --Old Note 4 is MTK CPU
= Screen -- 5.5-inch HD Display 403PPI
= Storage--3GB RAM + 32GB ROM (Support 128GB TF Card , VFat Format Only )
= Camera -- 13MP Rear Camera, 5MP Front Camera
= System: MIUI 8.2 Android 6.0 OS with more languages
= Battery -- 4100mAh(Typ)/4000 (Min)
= Network --Full Netcom, Dual SIM Dual Standby Micro SIM slot + Nano SIM/MicroSDslot
> 2G: GSM 850/900/1800/1900MHz
> 3G: WCDMA 850/900/1900/2100MHz
> 4G: FDD LTE B5:850 /B8:900 /B4:1700 /B3:1800 /B1:2100 /B7:2600 /B20:800
TD LTE B38:2600MHz B40:2300MHz

Contact/whatsapp
how much is it
Re: Snapdragon vs Mediatek vs Intel -Processor Importance When Buying a Smartphone by paradigmshift(m): 7:24am On Aug 07, 2017
princetom1:

Why don't u contact noobody to be ur supplier? It's cheaper than this ur price by far, with even extra accessories (OTG cable, glass, earphone etc) and most exciting, he will deliver to u withing 3 / 4 days... cheesy

how do I go about DT bro.
Gd morning
Re: Snapdragon vs Mediatek vs Intel -Processor Importance When Buying a Smartphone by Ifiegboria(m): 7:25am On Aug 07, 2017
NigeriaBam:

60k plus accessories TPU CASE AND TEMPLATE GLASS
Is the parts or accessories and service centres readily available here in Nigeria?
Re: Snapdragon vs Mediatek vs Intel -Processor Importance When Buying a Smartphone by ColtPython(m): 7:32am On Aug 07, 2017
princetom1:

Which phone do u have in mind? All your tecno and infinix uses mediatek

Not all.
Re: Snapdragon vs Mediatek vs Intel -Processor Importance When Buying a Smartphone by ColtPython(m): 7:33am On Aug 07, 2017
DjAndroid:

Once again, not all.
Re: Snapdragon vs Mediatek vs Intel -Processor Importance When Buying a Smartphone by obidevine(m): 7:34am On Aug 07, 2017
princetom1:

Mr copy and paste, next time check all the facts before u post, eg, for the fact that a processor uses more cores doesn't mean it will generate more heat,
Also, mediatek might rely on third party for its CPU bt what will u call a cpu that has everything just like Qualcomm? Do u have any oda name apart from SOC for it? As a matter of fact, apart from Intel, almost all oda proceedings producer for mobile platform are SOC... Also, all these company also price proceeds that aren't SOC too, including Qualcomm.... U hear?

I'm thinking of getting the Nokia 3 midrange android smartphone with mediatek processor. , what do you think ?

Some features of the Nokia 3 midrange android phone :

Performance
Operating system Android™ 7.0 Nougat
CPU MTK 6737, Quad-core 1.3Ghz
RAM 2 GB
Re: Snapdragon vs Mediatek vs Intel -Processor Importance When Buying a Smartphone by Protein0: 7:34am On Aug 07, 2017
Cc uncles lexugs430, spartacus11
grin cheesy
Re: Snapdragon vs Mediatek vs Intel -Processor Importance When Buying a Smartphone by Franky826: 7:39am On Aug 07, 2017
princetom1:

Why don't u contact noobody to be ur supplier? It's cheaper than this ur price by far, with even extra accessories (OTG cable, glass, earphone etc) and most exciting, he will deliver to u withing 3 / 4 days... cheesy

stop trolling person na. see as you drag this guy comot for public come leave am Waka. e no good o smiley
Re: Snapdragon vs Mediatek vs Intel -Processor Importance When Buying a Smartphone by FelixFelicis(m): 7:45am On Aug 07, 2017
princetom1:

How much? Between i use a Xioami phone also
btw is by the way, not between undecided
Re: Snapdragon vs Mediatek vs Intel -Processor Importance When Buying a Smartphone by princetom1(m): 7:49am On Aug 07, 2017
obidevine:

Hi, I'm thinking of getting the new Nokia 3 android phone. It uses an mtk (mediatek) processor. What do you think about it?

How much is the price? Nokia phones are over priced
Re: Snapdragon vs Mediatek vs Intel -Processor Importance When Buying a Smartphone by princetom1(m): 7:49am On Aug 07, 2017
paradigmshift:

Gd morning

noobody fall in
Re: Snapdragon vs Mediatek vs Intel -Processor Importance When Buying a Smartphone by stephendamsoho: 7:49am On Aug 07, 2017
anybody's got the latest 60MB tweakware on Etisalat? mine stopped working about 2 weeks ago

pls help your guy
Re: Snapdragon vs Mediatek vs Intel -Processor Importance When Buying a Smartphone by stephendamsoho: 7:50am On Aug 07, 2017
FelixFelicis:
btw is by the way, not between undecided

btw is "Between" while BTW is "By The Way", see the difference?
Re: Snapdragon vs Mediatek vs Intel -Processor Importance When Buying a Smartphone by drwesley2017(m): 7:51am On Aug 07, 2017
why not snapgoat and qualcunt and intel mota...which one is Nigeria manufacturing, go and sit down.

Re: Snapdragon vs Mediatek vs Intel -Processor Importance When Buying a Smartphone by imam07: 7:51am On Aug 07, 2017
princetom1:

U can post your own information without condensation. We should appreciate it because this is informative .Are u telling me u know all how phones function? U can never know it except the manufacturer of phone so if someone brought an information stop condemning him or her.

1 Like

Re: Snapdragon vs Mediatek vs Intel -Processor Importance When Buying a Smartphone by noobody(m): 7:53am On Aug 07, 2017
paradigmshift:

Gd morning

Contacts on signature!!let mk u smile
Re: Snapdragon vs Mediatek vs Intel -Processor Importance When Buying a Smartphone by Afz9095(m): 7:56am On Aug 07, 2017
DjAndroid:

NO Itel use spreadtrum
Re: Snapdragon vs Mediatek vs Intel -Processor Importance When Buying a Smartphone by obidevine(m): 8:07am On Aug 07, 2017
princetom1:

How much is the price? Nokia phones are over priced

It's about 50k

Full specs : Outside|Inside
Beautiful polycarbonate body
A precision-machined aluminium frame
See everything clearly with the polarized, sculpted 5” display with Corning® Gorilla® Glass
8 MP camera with autofocus both on the back and the front
Available as both single SIM and dual SIM variants
Full specifications

In the box
Your Nokia 3
Charger
Charging/data cable
Headset
Quick guide
SIM door key
Design
Colors Tempered Blue, Silver White, Matte Black, Copper White
Size 143.4 x 71.4 x 8.48 mm (8.68mm is camera bump)
Network and connectivity
Network speed LTE Cat. 4, 150Mbps DL/50Mbps UL
Networks GSM: 850/900/1800/1900, WCDMA: Band 1, 2, 5, 8, LTE: Band 1, 3, 5, 7, 8, 20, 28, 38, 40
Performance
Operating system Android™ 7.0 Nougat
CPU MTK 6737, Quad-core 1.3Ghz
RAM 2 GB
Storage
Internal memory 16 GB2
MicroSD slot Support for up to 128 GB
Audio
Connector 3.5 mm headphone jack
Speakers Single speaker
Display
Size and type 5.0” IPS LCD
Resolution HD (1280 x 720, 16:9)
Material 2.5D sculpted Corning® Gorilla® Glass
Brightness 450 nits, laminated
Features Polarizer
Camera
Primary camera 8MP AF, 1.12um, f/2, LED flash
Front-facing camera 8MP AF, 1.12um, f/2, FOV 84 degrees
Connectivity and sensors
Connectivity Micro USB (USB 2.0), USB OTG, Bluetooth, Wi-Fi
Sensors Accelerometer (G-sensor), ambient light sensor, e-compass, gyroscope, proximity sensor, NFC for sharing
Battery
Battery type Integrated 2630 mAh battery3
Re: Snapdragon vs Mediatek vs Intel -Processor Importance When Buying a Smartphone by princetom1(m): 8:13am On Aug 07, 2017
imam07:
U can post your own information without condensation. We should appreciate it because this is informative .Are u telling me u know all how phones function? U can never know it except the manufacturer of phone so if someone brought an information stop condemning him or her.

Hmnn... He should read and comprehend before he post thrash.... Sometimes u have to even do research on what u see on d internet, so that u don't look like a fool wen u share ur views. What u call informative here is thrash, incorrect, tainted and biased.... This kind of information corrupt the mind of those who don't know about how this things work. In the mobile world, almost everything is in the open, if u are willing to read and learn, eg, One plus company is know to cheat on benchmarking apps, people like this op will come and say, the snapdragon 835 used in OP5 is different from d 1 used in Xiaomi mi 6. Get ur facts right, not copying what u can't explain

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

/////////////////// / 10 Most Expensive Mobile Phones In The World / Show Your Best Ntel's 4G LTE Download And Upload Speed Test Result

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.