Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,689 members, 7,816,813 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 05:43 PM

The Mind Of Christ - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Mind Of Christ (324 Views)

My Unbiased Summary As A Former Member Of Celestial Church Of Christ... / See Facts About The Return Of Christ Maybe You Didn't Know / Police Storm Celestial Church Of Christ In New York As Members Fight (Pics, Vide (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

The Mind Of Christ by phlopholly: 9:44am On Aug 07, 2017
For God hath not given us the spirit of fear; but of power, and of love, and of a sound mind.
—2 Timothy 1:7

Many diseases of both body and mind are self-inflicted. For example, ulcers are often caused by worry and anxiety. Heart attacks are caused many times by overexertion. Unjustified worry, fear, prejudice, hatred, and envy can contribute to mental stress, which could lead to mental illness. So one way to have a healthy mind is to avoid those practices. But the Bible way to a healthy mind is this, “Let this mind be in you, which was also in Christ Jesus.” If you have the mind of Christ, worry will be offset by trust, enmity by love, and fear by faith.

Prayer for the day
Fears sometimes seem as if they would overwhelm me, Lord Jesus, but then I remember Your gift of power, love, and a healthy mind. Thank You for the promise of healing and love, as I keep my mind on You, my beloved Lord.
Re: The Mind Of Christ by Kobojunkie: 10:44pm On Mar 08
phlopholly:
■ For God hath not given us the spirit of fear; but of power, and of love, and of a sound mind.—2 Timothy 1:7
Many diseases of both body and mind are self-inflicted. For example, ulcers are often caused by worry and anxiety. Heart attacks are caused many times by overexertion. Unjustified worry, fear, prejudice, hatred, and envy can contribute to mental stress, which could lead to mental illness. So one way to have a healthy mind is to avoid those practices. But the Bible way to a healthy mind is this, “Let this mind be in you, which was also in Christ Jesus.” If you have the mind of Christ, worry will be offset by trust, enmity by love, and fear by faith.
Have you ever read Leviticus 26 or Deuteronomy 28? God of Israel Himself cursed His people with many of those diseases and yes, it was a result of their disobedience of Him but those sicknesses and diseases are from Him. undecided

(1) (Reply)

TB Joshua Awarded With The Highest National Award In Peru / Repent The Kingdom Of God Is At Hand! Jesus Christ Is Lord Of All! / End Time Abomination: Bots Creation Company Claimed intimacy gadgets Have Saved Lives

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.