Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,513 members, 7,812,599 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 03:54 PM

Critical Thinking , Religious And Otherwise - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Critical Thinking , Religious And Otherwise (455 Views)

Is 'Critical Thinking' Induced By Race ? / "After Joining The Christian Group,i Lost My Critical Thinking Skills!!!"-victim / Pentecostalism Is A Doctrine Of Greed Which Is Destroying Critical Thinking (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Critical Thinking , Religious And Otherwise by manikal: 11:18am On Aug 07, 2017
Critical Thinkers
- What is the only time available to man? NOW. Always NOW

- What is NOW? NOW is NOW. NOW is that space between 1 and 2' on your clock or watch.

- NOW is the present. I can be in Lagos [GMT+1] talking with someone across the world from Australia [GMT+10] and both of us would EXPERIENCE the SAME NOW despite the TIME DIFFERENCE.

- Therefore, the ONLY TIME available to YOU as an INDIVIDUAL is NOW. Just Now, Now . . . .

- The next logical question is WHO AM I, NOW?

- My IDENTITY must ALWAYS be NOW. Anything other than NOW , is NOT me.

- Therefore to KNOW WHAT I AM , i have to INVESTIGATE THIS time called NOW THOROUGHLY and get to KNOW WHAT IS ALWAYS PRESENT.

- The ONLY THING PRESENT to the INDIVIDUAL in the NOW is the AWARENESS of himself.

- This is a kind of PURE AWARENESS that is DEVOID of words. YOU just KNOW , THAT YOU ARE.

- Words or thoughts come and go but this awareness always stays in the background like The director on a movie set.

- Meditation is ABIDING AS this PURE AWARENESS , FREE from thoughts of the FUTURE or PAST.

- You are not running from the world but changing your fighting stance.

- To the INDIVIDUAL, the PAST and the FUTURE is just a NOW that has PASSED and a NOW yet to COME respectively. There is only NOW to this individual.

Practice
- CLOSE YOUR EYES and JUST BE.
- Don't THINK about it. The time you TAKE TO THINK , is a NOW that you DENY.
- Thoughts would come as usual to distract you , but ask yourself? Are these THOUGHTS originating from NOW, the PAST or the FUTURE?
- Keep on noting to yourself, whether the thoughts currently in your mind space are from the PAST or FUTURE
- If you suddenly notice you have stopped noting , congratulations! You just managed to slip a finger into the Now
Re: Critical Thinking , Religious And Otherwise by manikal: 10:10am On Oct 07, 2017
Christian Thinkers
- I stand at the door, and knock." Who is this I standing at the door? This 'I' must be OMNIPRESENT or ALWAYS NOW n HERE if he is always knocking.

- And at what door is this I standing? At what door but the door of your consciousness or the heart.

- Therefore , if he is OMNIPRESENT, he is ALSO PRESENT in your HEART , ALSO PRESENT when you CLOSE YOUR EYES to SHUT THE WORLD OUT.

- I stand at the door of your consciousness and knock, but YOU MUST OPEN the door before I can enter.

- If your friend knocks at your door, what action do you take? You STAND UP and OPEN IT.
The ONLY WORK is to just STAND and OPEN the DOOR.

- Now , this GUEST[This Omnipresent I] that you want to admit is OMNISCIENT as well according to the words of the 'FOUNDER OF CHRISTIANITY , Jesus Christ Himself.

- What do you SAY then to an OMNISCIENT person, now he has entered? NOTHING!. Rather you LISTEN , so that YOU CAN LEARN.

- Do not BABBLE like the PAGANS , for your FATHER KNOWS WHAT YOU NEED BEFORE YOU ASK HIM.

- The ONLY TEACHER in the WORLD is WITHIN YOU. There is NO TRUTH in WORDS. WORDS are just directions that keep you on the right path.

- Two men can read the same bible and only one would become transformed. The reason for this cannot be found outside but in the STATE OF THE SOIL or the HEART of each INDIVIDUAL.

- What SEEDS or THOUGHT do you allow to FALL into your SUBCONSCIOUS in every NOW of every DAY?

- Are your THOUGHTS of LIMITATION or are you actively paying attention to HEAR from that immortal being dwelling 'within the body'? BE STILL and KNOW THAT '''I''' AM GOD.

Christian Contemplation Practice
- The KINGDOM OF GOD is WITHIN YOU.

- If the KINGDOM OF GOD is WITHIN YOU , therefore GOD is in this Kingdom as Well

- If GOD is WITHIN you , when YOU PRAY , do you LOOK UP to the Sky or LOOK INSIDE for the One who is OMNIPRESENT?

- If God , who is OMNIPOTENT, OMNISCIENT and OMNIPRESENT is WITHIN YOU , therefore would it not be wise to get to hear the thoughts of this wise One?

- This 'GOD' is the one and the same 'I' KNOCKING AS THE HEART BEAT OF MAN. As far as you alive , your heart is beating , every second , every minute of the day.

- Open your heart to this 'I' that knocks on the door of your heart. Listen to this I, and allow him tell you of his deepest secrets.

- This is a personal if not secret relationship. There are just two personalities who after becoming 'ACQUAINTED' , ELOPE INTO ONE.

- The primary use of the 'Lower i' or the 'YOU THAT ASSOCIATES with the body' is as an instrument, complete with 'BRAINS TO THINK' and FREE WILL.

- It is useful ONLY as a tool for MERGENCE with the 'Higher I' that RESIDES IN THE DEEPEST RECESSES OF THE HEART.

- To love God with all thy heart is to see God as OMNIPOTENT [All powerful] , OMNIPRESENT [Present everywhere, especially in your heart] and OMNISCIENT [All knowing]

- To love thy neighbour as thy self is to ALWAYS SEE the "INNER I" in him and NOTHING MORE. If GOD is WITHIN YOU , then GOD must be WITHIN HIM AS WELL.

- As far as a man has a heart beat , there is a kingdom of God in him.

- To LOVE THYSELF is to REALIZE and ABIDE with the OMNIPRESENT GOD, PRESENT in the deepest regions of your heart.

- To pray without ceasing is to ONLY SEE the OMNIPRESENT in every NOW , refusing to ''take thought for tomorrow"[Future] or "worry"[Past].

- A listening or receptive attitude is the prerequisite. You MUST BE READY TO HEAR , not offer opinions.

- Think of how SMALL the earth is , compared to the UNIVERSE. The ENTIRE HUMAN KNOWLEDGE , FRONT TO BACK is ABSOLUTELY NOTHING compared to the KNOWLEDGE OF THE UNIVERSE.

- In the presence of the OMNISCIENT , we have to become silent as a recognition of God's Omniscience[that he knows what we need without asking] and our dependency on his Omnipotence[that he is sufficient enough to provide].

- Sufficiently ponder over this , and if you are really sincere about knowing God , then without effort you'd suddenly find out that you have become aware without words.
Re: Critical Thinking , Religious And Otherwise by Nobody: 6:36pm On Apr 14, 2020
manikal:
Critical Thinkers
- What is the only time available to man? NOW. Always NOW

- What is NOW? NOW is NOW. NOW is that space between 1 and 2' on your clock or watch.

- NOW is the present. I can be in Lagos [GMT+1] talking with someone across the world from Australia [GMT+10] and both of us would EXPERIENCE the SAME NOW despite the TIME DIFFERENCE.

- Therefore, the ONLY TIME available to YOU as an INDIVIDUAL is NOW. Just Now, Now . . . .

- The next logical question is WHO AM I, NOW?

- My IDENTITY must ALWAYS be NOW. Anything other than NOW , is NOT me.

- Therefore to KNOW WHAT I AM , i have to INVESTIGATE THIS time called NOW THOROUGHLY and get to KNOW WHAT IS ALWAYS PRESENT.

- The ONLY THING PRESENT to the INDIVIDUAL in the NOW is the AWARENESS of himself.

- This is a kind of PURE AWARENESS that is DEVOID of words. YOU just KNOW , THAT YOU ARE.

- Words or thoughts come and go but this awareness always stays in the background like The director on a movie set.

- Meditation is ABIDING AS this PURE AWARENESS , FREE from thoughts of the FUTURE or PAST.

- You are not running from the world but changing your fighting stance.

- To the INDIVIDUAL, the PAST and the FUTURE is just a NOW that has PASSED and a NOW yet to COME respectively. There is only NOW to this individual.

Practice
- CLOSE YOUR EYES and JUST BE.
- Don't THINK about it. The time you TAKE TO THINK , is a NOW that you DENY.
- Thoughts would come as usual to distract you , but ask yourself? Are these THOUGHTS originating from NOW, the PAST or the FUTURE?
- Keep on noting to yourself, whether the thoughts currently in your mind space are from the PAST or FUTURE
- If you suddenly notice you have stopped noting , congratulations! You just managed to slip a finger into the Now
who am I?where am I?

(1) (Reply)

Strange Things 2 Lesbian Pastors Tie The Knot In The US [photos] / World Will End 15 October – Doomsday Prophet (photo) / What Indians Are Planning To Do To Christians – Nigerians Especially

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.