Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,721 members, 7,816,968 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 09:31 PM

Strange Things 2 Lesbian Pastors Tie The Knot In The US [photos] - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Strange Things 2 Lesbian Pastors Tie The Knot In The US [photos] (455 Views)

Female Pastor Dumps Church, Becomes A Stripper In US (Photos) / T.B. Joshua “Delivers” 2 Lesbian Partners During Church Service (Photos) / 2 Lesbian Pastors Tie The Knot In The US (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Strange Things 2 Lesbian Pastors Tie The Knot In The US [photos] by prayNaija: 10:15am On Sep 21, 2017
Strange Things
2 lesbian pastors tie the knot in the US [Photos]

Two female Pastors who are lesbians have caused serious commotion after they got married in the United State of America.

Published: 20.09.2017
Isaac Dachen

The newly wed lesbian Pastor, Twanna Gouse and Vanessa Brown

The newly wed lesbian Pastor, Twanna Gouse and Vanessa Brown (New York Times)

The Christian community in the United States of America has been thrown into shock as two female Pastors who are pastors got wedded at a church in East Orange, New Jersey.

The newly wed couple, Pastors Twanna Gause and Vanessa Brown, tied the knot on August 24, 2017, at the New Vision Full Gospel Baptist Church, with their action causing a lot of rumpus among their congregations and other Christians in their community.

Most pained about the decision of the women of God was Gause's father, The Rev. Sam Gause Sr., who is affiliated with the Center of Hope Church of God in Christ in Riverdale, Georgia, declaring firmly that his daughter was tricked by the devil.

The new couple, Twanna Gouse and Vanessa Brown giving thanks to God (New York Times)

Rev. Gause Snr. told the New York Times that he was invited to his daughter's wedding to Brown but declined the invitation due to differences in theological beliefs.

"Twanna very well knows I'm not for that kind of lifestyle. I believe that God wanted us to procreate through a natural process, and by no means am I happy about this because it is unnatural.

I look at homosexuality as a mental disorder. If I start to tell you that I am an elephant, and start to behave as an elephant, that's my choice, I choose to become an elephant. But you would probably choose to call a mental institution.

We all have a conscience. It is through that conscience that we hear from our Creator as to what is right and what is wrong, and if God did not want us to procreate, then why didn't He just create billions of people with no gender at all? He must have had a reason for doing what He did," Rev. Gouse Snr. said.

The couple met as choir girls some 30 years ago and have been dating secretly without letting out their true sexual orientations.

At the wedding, 45-year-old Twanna, who is listed as the Pastor of Worship and Liturgy at Rivers of Living Water Ministries located on Manhattan's Upper West Side neighborhood, played the role of the husband while her 46-year-old wife, Vanessa, is listed as the church's senior pastor.

Pastor Twanna Gouse kiss 'his' wife, Pastor Vanessa Brown (New York Times)

Speaking on why her father would not go to the wedding, Twanna said:

"My father would not come here because he does not believe in same-sex marriage. He told me the devil tricked me into this, and that if we had been married in biblical times, we would have been stoned to death."

Both Twanna and her wife grew up in Christian homes and were both briefly involved in relationships with men before embarking on their relationship.

In 2008, however, years after they started seeing each other romantically, Twanna and Vanessa revealed the news to her father while at a religious conference in Atlanta.

"My father didn't take it too well," Twanna began.

"He slammed the Bible down on a table and said to us, 'Did you all read this book?' He was furious."
play
The newly wed lesbian Pastors stepping out in style (New York Times)

The couple was joined in matrimony by Rev. [Dr.] Yvette Flunder, the Presiding Bishop of the Fellowship of Affirming Ministries.
More
End Times Nigerian lesbian breaks Internet after proposing to partner
Do you ever witness news or have a story that should be featured on Pulse Nigeria?
Submit your stories, pictures and videos to us now via WhatsApp: +2349055172167, Social Media @pulsenigeria247: #PulseEyewitness & DM or Email: eyewitness@pulse.ng. More information here.

Author
Isaac Dachen

Re: Strange Things 2 Lesbian Pastors Tie The Knot In The US [photos] by myners007: 10:21am On Sep 21, 2017
End time things.Im sure the church members will get to hell first before this disgusting creatures

(1) (Reply)

World Will End 15 October – Doomsday Prophet (photo) / Is Another Revolution Imminent In The Nigerian Church? / Alien Abduction: Freaky Or Fiction?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.