Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,682 members, 7,820,386 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 02:03 PM

Who Is The BEST Nigerian Rapper?let's Discuss - Rap Battles - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / Rap Battles / Who Is The BEST Nigerian Rapper?let's Discuss (3393 Views)

And The Hottest Nigerian Rapper Is... (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Who Is The BEST Nigerian Rapper?let's Discuss by Nobody: 3:40pm On Aug 07, 2017
Me and my friends were arguing yesterday about who the best Nigerian rapper is.So I need your opinion,guys.Here's the list:

1.Phyno

2.Olamide

3.Ill bliss

4.Lil kesh

5.Ola dips

6.Reminisce

7.Davolee

8.M.I Abaga

9. Chinko ekun

10.Viktoh

please add to the list if feel that someone is missing from it

2 Likes

Re: Who Is The BEST Nigerian Rapper?let's Discuss by Nobody: 3:58pm On Aug 07, 2017
No Vector, Wale Turner, Jessy jags of all trades? ... you even mentioned Viktoh come join an with Davolee of Yesterday, finally no come put Zoro Swag bagg,..YCEE and Xbusta go dey one corner now dey laugh this list...chai ayam done.

3 Likes

Re: Who Is The BEST Nigerian Rapper?let's Discuss by Nobody: 1:04pm On Aug 08, 2017
Abeg ,YCEE na rapper?If Baddo no epp am where e for dey?u dey call dat noisemaker zoro.but shaa,I no send,Itz ur opinion.Although in MY OWN OPINION,I choose Davolee becoz of his determination to make at least one single under YBNL.

#Peace

Buh I have to confess,Su mi and Jagaban make SENSE

2 Likes

Re: Who Is The BEST Nigerian Rapper?let's Discuss by Cuddlebugie(f): 9:33pm On Aug 13, 2017
Well, the term 'best rapper' is relative....

My best Nigerian lyricists of all time is - Olusegun Babatunde, popularly known as Mode 9. The legendary lyricst who won The Headies Lyricist on the Roll seven times. Mode 9 was that rapper who did it big in the Nigerian hip-hop world when it wasn’t cool to be a rapper; when there wasn’t as much success as it is now in the industry. From ‘Contradiction’, to ‘Elbow Room’, ‘Cry’, ‘Ogun Isoye’, ‘Nigerian Girls’,‘Lagos State of Mind’, ‘Africa’ ‘My Skin Is Black’ and his latest, 'insulin', mode 9 showed what real rap is. It is safe to say he is the naija god of rap..............Yeah, his music hasn't brought him much endorsements/ success but that doesn't make him any less of a legend.......It's such a pity Nigerians prefer noise/garbage to good rap.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Who Is The BEST Nigerian Rapper?let's Discuss by Nobody: 9:54pm On Aug 13, 2017
So TRUE

2 Likes

Re: Who Is The BEST Nigerian Rapper?let's Discuss by NCP: 5:08pm On Aug 20, 2017
Cuddlebugie:

My best Nigerian lyricists of all time is - Olusegun Babatunde, popularly known as Mode 9. The legendary lyricst who won The Headies Lyricist on the Roll seven times. Mode 9 was that rapper who did it big in the Nigerian hip-hop world when it wasn’t cool to be a rapper; when there wasn’t as much success as it is now in the industry. From ‘Contradiction’, to ‘Elbow Room’, ‘Cry’, ‘Ogun Isoye’, ‘Nigerian Girls’,‘Lagos State of Mind’, ‘Africa’ ‘My Skin Is Black’ and his latest, 'insulin', mode 9 showed what real rap is. It is safe to say he is the naija god of rap..............Yeah, his music hasn't brought him much endorsements/ success but that doesn't make him any less of a legend.......It's such a pity Nigerians prefer noise/garbage to good rap.

Summaary of this thread.

God bless you. THERE IS A BIG DIFFERENCE BETWEEN GOOD MUSIC AND NOISE.

2 Likes

Re: Who Is The BEST Nigerian Rapper?let's Discuss by Rapsultan(m): 6:57am On Jan 29, 2018
[color=#000099][/color]the list is good but u forget the HKN guy.DREMO
Re: Who Is The BEST Nigerian Rapper?let's Discuss by Larrysung(m): 7:41pm On Mar 17, 2018
LMAO... No vector? yungsix, Jesse jags, Boogey, blaqbonez, AQ, even Ola Smallz?
you're such a joke! you should be a stand up comedian! Oga go sit down!

1 Like

Re: Who Is The BEST Nigerian Rapper?let's Discuss by Larrysung(m): 7:41pm On Mar 17, 2018
LMAO... No vector? yungsix, Jesse jags, Boogey, blaqbonez, AQ, even Ola Smallz.
Re: Who Is The BEST Nigerian Rapper?let's Discuss by peterflames(m): 12:22am On Sep 25, 2018
this is the Best rappers list take or take

1 mode 9
2 MI
3 vector
4 Uzi
5 young6ix
6 AQ
7 phyno
8 ice Prince
9 olamide
10 zoro

2 Likes

Re: Who Is The BEST Nigerian Rapper?let's Discuss by Ryocaj(m): 5:20pm On May 28, 2019
Dayvey:
Me and my friends were arguing yesterday about who the best Nigerian rapper is.So I need your opinion,guys.Here's the list:

1.Phyno

2.Olamide

3.Ill bliss

4.Lil kesh

5.Ola dips

6.Reminisce

7.Davolee

8.M.I Abaga

9. Chinko ekun

10.Viktoh

please add to the list if feel that someone is missing from it
which kind useless list b dis.. no Vector, no Jesse Jagz, no Show dem camp, no Dremo.. u con put Viktoh, Davolee, Olamide, lil kesh.. wat r u smoking. expired p***y juice?

1 Like

Re: Who Is The BEST Nigerian Rapper?let's Discuss by Nobody: 6:19pm On May 28, 2019
Ryocaj:

which kind useless list b dis.. no Vector, no Jesse Jagz, no Show dem camp, no Dremo.. u con put Viktoh, Davolee, Olamide, lil kesh.. wat r u smoking. expired p***y juice?

They all seemed prominent at the time......but it's your opinion anyway
Re: Who Is The BEST Nigerian Rapper?let's Discuss by rapgeniuz: 7:25am On Aug 25, 2019
You guys need to check out what modenine said about rugged man here
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZvsgV1bHLSI
Re: Who Is The BEST Nigerian Rapper?let's Discuss by RuggedSniper: 4:21pm On May 23, 2020
Cuddlebugie:

^^^Absolutely brilliant summations from you! Mode9, MI, Wale, Skepta, Dagrin and Ruggedman are my top 6 rappers of Nigerian descent. LL CoolJ, Kool Moe Dee, Ice T, Scarface, Jaru Da Damaja and Heavy D are my top 6 rappers since the 1980s of non-Nigerian descent that lyrically make sense.

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (Reply)

/>¡</~¤~ COMPLETE SLAUGHTER II: ELYMAXIIMUS Vs JOSHUABASE ~¤~/>¡</ / Ofoka Vs Baudex Battle Till U Can Battle No More ! / * * ~ Match Of Wits - Mikuz V Ksslib ~ * *

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.