Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,766 members, 7,824,215 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 05:07 AM

CAC Living Water Daily Devotional 7/8/17 My Friend (11) - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / CAC Living Water Daily Devotional 7/8/17 My Friend (11) (266 Views)

CAC Living Water Daily Devotional 22/8/17 Children :god's Called Axe / CAC Living Water Daily Devotional 18/8/17 Why Am I Here? / CAC Living Water Daily Devotional 9/8/17 God Can Do It (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

CAC Living Water Daily Devotional 7/8/17 My Friend (11) by Nobody: 9:11pm On Aug 07, 2017
Monday, August 7, 2017
MY FRIEND (II)
Read: Luke 7:1-10
MEMORISE
Ointment and perfume delight the heart, and the sweetness of a man's friend gives delight by hearty counsel. (Proverbs 27:9)

Ralph Waldo Emerson famously said: "The only way to have a friend is to be one." Yes, he's right. Friendships don't just happen. They take time, efforts and upkeep. There is a price to pay for the take-off and continuity of any godly friendship/relationship. And that means we all must do something if we want to cultivate, grow and nurture relationships with others.
The questions then are: Am I willing to lay down my plans and sacrifice my time and desires for my friends, just as the Centurion was helped? Or is it more important that I get done today what is on my to-do list while neglecting a friend's call for help? Am I seeking the Lord for His direction towards my friends? And am I paying attention to the Holy Spirit for conviction? Caution! Never ask God to move in your life in this way unless you mean it. Because when you do ask Him to help you be a better friend and to help you reach out to others, He will give you plenty of opportunities that may or may not be what you had in mind.
Jesus got the SOS call from that Centurion. Yes, that had to change His itinerary, yet, He chose to 'inconvenient' Himself, to save that dear life. He didn't send the word of healing to that dying servant because of the wealth or reported generosity of the Centurion, but because of His agape love for souls.
How about God asking you today: to offer your professional skills to someone else in need, for free; to forgo your after-work errands or agenda to just sit, listen and offer a warm hug; or to give up your Saturday leisure to help someone move, paint a house or run a garage sale? That's what a true friend does (cf. Prov. 18:24). It's getting outside of oneself to give, and give, and giveā€¦! Just take a friend inventory today and see what changes you might need to make in your outreach to those you call "my friend."

PRAYER POINTS
1. Here I am, O Lord, use me indeed for my friends, today and always.
2. Lord, make me an outflow of Your true love, wherever I find myself.
3. Pray that God should make the fellowships in our churches warm enough to fulfil His purposes in, through and for our teeming members.

EXTRA READING FOR TODAY: Numbers 31-32

(1) (Reply)

Why Do You Love Your Pastor / Rhapsody Of Realities Daily Devotional For Today / CAC Living Water Daily Devotional 3/9/17 Be A Pastor

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.