Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,252 members, 7,839,302 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 04:34 PM

CAC Living Water Daily Devotional 3/9/17 Be A Pastor - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / CAC Living Water Daily Devotional 3/9/17 Be A Pastor (266 Views)

Yahoo Boys Spray Cash On A Pastor During Church Service / RCCG 68th Annual & 1st Virtual Convention, 3-9 August, 2020 / Photo Of A Pastor With Bulge Praying With A Lady Got People Talking (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

CAC Living Water Daily Devotional 3/9/17 Be A Pastor by Nobody: 8:00am On Sep 03, 2017
*CAC LIVING WATER DAILY DEVOTIONAL...*
*Date:* Sunday, September 3, 2017

*Topic:* BE A PASTOR
*Read:* John 21:15-21

*MEMORISE:* _He said to him again a second time, "Simon, son of Jonah, do you love Me?" He said to Him, "Yes, Lord; You know that I love You." He said to him, "Tend My sheep."_ *(John 21:16)*

*EXPOSITION*
If you are reading this and you are not a pastor by ministerial title, you might want to believe this is not meant for your consumption. Many who are pastors today may not have opted to be so, had they been allowed to choose. The pastor, as a shepherd, tends the sheep, caring for them in all ramifications. He knows his sheep and his sheep recognise him *(John 10:14)*. Their protection remains his paramount concern. Jesus is the Chief, and the only good Shepherd *(John 10:11)*.

Meanwhile, the Holy Ghost wants you to know, whether you are a pastor by title or not, that He has made you a pastor over some sheep around you. Christianity as planned by Christ from inception, is not expected to be a mere religion, but a perfect way of life, to be passed from generation to generation. The mature, fully grown Christian should pastor upcoming Christians, and must take the work with all seriousness *(John 10:12)*.

If Christianity in our time will not go into extinction, it is high time you and I began to pastor others. When last did you pay a visit to that casual church goer in your neighbourhood? Do you send encouraging and faith-lifting messages to those upcoming Christian leaders? Do you help when there is a distress call from helpless and hapless believers? Do we have Spirit-filled couples, like Aquila and Priscilla, who can discover Apollos of our time *(Acts18:24-26)*? Are there prayers seriously set aside for backsliders in our churches? Do you watch and just stand aloof when fellow Christians are being brutalised, embarrassed and harassed by agents of devil?

These and many other areas are why you must rise today and pastor somebody. Peter was charged by Jesus, to feed His sheep. How many sheep of God can be credited to your pastoring? Remember some people pastored and still pastor you. Don't fail in this task, and God will assist you as you take the step of faith today and always. Stay lifted.

*PRAYER POINTS*
*1.* Oh Lord, endow me with the grace to rise for the development of others.
*2.* Oh God, give me strength to be sacrificially involved in the discipleship of others.
*3.* Pray that God should revive the spirit of Christian discipleship/mentorship in our churches.

*EXTRA READING FOR TODAY:* 2 Samuel 2-6

*Author:* CAC WORLDWIDE
Remain Blessed!

(1) (Reply)

A Word For You / Fruits Of Charity - Amazed By The Quran / Reverend’s Dance During Service Leaves Church Members In Stitches

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.