Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,461 members, 7,954,799 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 09:42 AM

Why Do Mosquitoes Buzz In Our Ears? - Science/Technology (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Why Do Mosquitoes Buzz In Our Ears? (21799 Views)

How Mosquitoes Evolved To Be Attracted To Humans / Whats The Buzz About 5G, Lets Enlighten Ourselves. / Reason Why Mosquito Buzz Close To Your Ear "Answered " (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Do Mosquitoes Buzz In Our Ears? by slimmdree(m): 12:55pm On Aug 08, 2017
you dont meant it
Lukmann1:
they buzz on our ears because they can flied very fast when they want to sucked bloods.
Re: Why Do Mosquitoes Buzz In Our Ears? by kkins25(m): 12:57pm On Aug 08, 2017
NairaEffect:

Your gbagaun(ses) flied faster bro...

Are you small doctor's brother?
Cos you dey kee mosquito well well.. Hain! Hain!
you bad.. hahahaha.. lol. allow the mosquito sucked lukman blood na. lol.
Re: Why Do Mosquitoes Buzz In Our Ears? by zubito(m): 1:21pm On Aug 08, 2017
It's a usefuless info, though. It's the only way to verify if its victims have slept. When you slap the ear they back out and know its not safe yet.
Re: Why Do Mosquitoes Buzz In Our Ears? by Johnson70s: 1:24pm On Aug 08, 2017
i wonder how they locate ur hear even inside darkness.
Re: Why Do Mosquitoes Buzz In Our Ears? by Dokitadotun: 1:35pm On Aug 08, 2017
Funny answers everywhere. The sound is from the flapping of their wings. The wings of birds produce sounds too though not at that high frequency.
Re: Why Do Mosquitoes Buzz In Our Ears? by palz(m): 1:50pm On Aug 08, 2017
The noise is coming from their wings that flaps close to a thousand times in every 2 seconds....
Na science talk am o undecided
Re: Why Do Mosquitoes Buzz In Our Ears? by xedyl(m): 2:39pm On Aug 08, 2017
StephDamielola:
THEY ARE VERY UNIQUE CREATURES.

THEY NOTIFY YOU BEFORE THEY EAT YOUR BLOOD.
lah wah ooooo...mosquitoe dey eat blood?
Re: Why Do Mosquitoes Buzz In Our Ears? by Mcreloaded(m): 2:51pm On Aug 08, 2017
Just letting the ear know its still alive after the ear rejected the mosquito that bit was too thin and will soon die. Ask ur grand parents that their answer
Re: Why Do Mosquitoes Buzz In Our Ears? by kizyalex10(m): 2:57pm On Aug 08, 2017
ChappyChase:
I am not against mosquitoes bitting me oo, After all man must survive (so they need my blood to survive), I will just see it as me doing blood donations(which is highly recommended by WHO) grin grin. But, till tomorrow, I vehemently stand against Mosquitoes buzzing around my ears! JEEZ Can't they just suck my blood without disturbing my sleep
lol,apart ffrom d buzz,dont u feel it whhen dey bite?d. Scratch nd pain?i don't like to see it nt to talk of biting me,if I see one,i must kill it,no matter d. Part of d house,i swear since I began to kill mosquitoes,i have murdered more than a community.i get phd for mosquitoe killing
Re: Why Do Mosquitoes Buzz In Our Ears? by Dheco(m): 3:16pm On Aug 08, 2017
NwaAmaikpe:
shocked

Every time I hear a mosquito's buzz,
It reminds me that some insects have more musical talents than Davido.

Really, U Re Case To Study. Na Dat One U Calld Talent,, Mayb In Ur Nxt World Pray Make U Become Mosquito, So We Go Dey Listen To Ur Musicz!
Re: Why Do Mosquitoes Buzz In Our Ears? by Jiikye1: 4:11pm On Aug 08, 2017
Story Time
Once Upon A Time Mosquito Went And Asked Ear Hand In Marriage Then Ear Laugh En Laughed Then Told Mosquito That 'it(mosquito) Going To Die By Anytime Soon,,mosquito Got Angry En Left So Since Then The Buzzing Sounds Is A Remainder That Its Still Alive
Lolz,,,correct Me If Am Wrong
Re: Why Do Mosquitoes Buzz In Our Ears? by Innocent112(m): 4:12pm On Aug 08, 2017
NwaAmaikpe:
shocked

Every time I hear a mosquito's buzz, It reminds me that some insects have more musical talents than Davido.
true talk bro
Re: Why Do Mosquitoes Buzz In Our Ears? by ChappyChase: 4:18pm On Aug 08, 2017
kizyalex10:
lol,apart ffrom d buzz,dont u feel it whhen dey bite?d. Scratch nd pain?i don't like to see it nt to talk of biting me,if I see one,i must kill it,no matter d. Part of d house,i swear since I began to kill mosquitoes,i have murdered more than a community.i get phd for mosquitoe killing
So you still dey community level
My mom has mudered a continent!

1 Like

Re: Why Do Mosquitoes Buzz In Our Ears? by kizyalex10(m): 4:23pm On Aug 08, 2017
ChappyChase:

So you still dey community level
My mom has mudered a continent!
lol

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Do Mosquitoes Buzz In Our Ears? by Omyyyk(m): 4:37pm On Aug 08, 2017
leatherman:
They actually buzz every time, you only hear them when they come close enough.

Yeaahh.. .we only hear them buzz in the middle of the night cos everywhere is silent. There's so much noise in the daytime which makes us not to hear the buzz
Re: Why Do Mosquitoes Buzz In Our Ears? by hardon1(m): 5:26pm On Aug 08, 2017
they dont buzz intentionally. the sound is generated from the vibration of their wings
Re: Why Do Mosquitoes Buzz In Our Ears? by medexico(m): 5:40pm On Aug 08, 2017
They want to know if you are asleep, so they can suck your bloood very well.
Re: Why Do Mosquitoes Buzz In Our Ears? by gentlegenius(m): 5:46pm On Aug 08, 2017
MRAKBEE:
We are in the middle of the rainy season and these creatures called mosquito are in abundance. You know the female anopheles mosquito gives malaria. Only female mosquitoes take mammalian blood. They use the protein and iron found in blood to make their
eggs. While the male only feeds on nectar and water.
There is one thing about these creatures that i find hard to understand...Why do they buzz in our ears??
I think they do it to discover if you are awake or in deep sleep so that they can relax and suck you comfortably.
Re: Why Do Mosquitoes Buzz In Our Ears? by chineduemmao: 6:04pm On Aug 08, 2017
kboycrew:
Try to repel the mosquito with Drugfields Mosquito repellant gel. it works like charm. just apply on the skin and mosquitos will avoid you like a plaque
then last last your colour go begin change #bleachingcream
Re: Why Do Mosquitoes Buzz In Our Ears? by Jammiiee(m): 6:31pm On Aug 08, 2017
They only buzz u hear is as a result of flapping their wings very fast. This creates a motion of sound waves set into resonance. And it creates sounds of steady frequencies
NwaAmaikpe:
shocked

Re: Why Do Mosquitoes Buzz In Our Ears? by decatalyst(m): 9:08pm On Aug 08, 2017
NwaAmaikpe:
shocked

Chai!

Fatality combo!

Re: Why Do Mosquitoes Buzz In Our Ears? by kwajahafiz(m): 11:00am On Aug 09, 2017
Lukmann1:
they buzz on our ears because they can flied very fast when they want to sucked bloods.
See illiterate.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Professor Andrew Nok Wins Alexander Humboldt Prize For 2013 / Nigerian Scientist's Conversion Of Urine Into Flammable Gases Gets Patent / Simple Working Tricks/steps To Unblock Your Facebook Blocked Account.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.