Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,513 members, 7,812,598 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 03:52 PM

Kebbi To Export 2,000 Goats Daily To Saudi Arabia - Business (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Kebbi To Export 2,000 Goats Daily To Saudi Arabia (18903 Views)

Oil Production: $4 Per Barrel In Saudi Arabia, $3 In Russia, $21.2 In Nigeria / Goats, Chickens, Fabrics Roast In Asaba Market Fire / Dangote's 2.6million Rice Mill In Kebbi State (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Kebbi To Export 2,000 Goats Daily To Saudi Arabia by Cannonleo(m): 3:34pm On Aug 08, 2017
One of the few northern states that give me serious joy, little discrimination according to my dude who served there and is married to a girl there

Meanwhile this is achievable
Re: Kebbi To Export 2,000 Goats Daily To Saudi Arabia by maisauki: 3:43pm On Aug 08, 2017
nextprince:

I know of one market, Charanchi in Katsina state, not less than 10k cows leave that market every week, and that is only one market. There are others, mai adu'a, batsari, sheme, jibia among several others.

Let me tell you, Kebbi state can sustain that export and to me, that is even on the low side.

Btw, stop crying more than the bereaved, Kebbi state cannot get more than its allocation.
KAITA, DANKAMA, JIBYA, YARGAMJI, ETC

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Kebbi To Export 2,000 Goats Daily To Saudi Arabia by nextprince: 3:44pm On Aug 08, 2017
maisauki:
KAITA, DANKAMA, JIBYA, YARGAMJI, ETC
God bless you.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Kebbi To Export 2,000 Goats Daily To Saudi Arabia by Paretomaster(m): 4:10pm On Aug 08, 2017
EMMAACHILE:

Good, you are thinking like an enterpreneur!

Thanks bro, once I raised the capital, am Quiting my Job.. ...

1 Like

Re: Kebbi To Export 2,000 Goats Daily To Saudi Arabia by orjaha(m): 4:22pm On Aug 08, 2017
things made in Nigeria are now be sending outside the Nigeria while we're not satisfied here
Re: Kebbi To Export 2,000 Goats Daily To Saudi Arabia by AlwaysUltraPad: 4:34pm On Aug 08, 2017
zenmaster:

grin grin
Finally, but that goat business no go work na
Nigeria has 53 million goats(6.3% of the world's goat population), thereby, ranking number 5 in the world among top 10 countries with highest population behind Bangladesh on number 4.

You'll agree with me that 95% of goat slaughtered in the south are from the north. Every day, you see trucks taking them down south in thousands- I mean every day . Include the ones consumed in the north on a daily basis too.

The population of Saudi is less than half of our population. If you check very well, Saudi does not have the number of people we have in the south. So , tell me, if we meet the daily demand of our goat consumption, why can't one state meet that of Saudi? Get it right, kebbi is a leading state when it comes to goat production. They feed south in terms of goat meat, why can't they feed Saudi ?

1 Like

Re: Kebbi To Export 2,000 Goats Daily To Saudi Arabia by thebadmus(m): 4:34pm On Aug 08, 2017
nextprince:

If you want to know how possible this is, do you know the number of cows leaving one market in Katsina every day?

I know of one market, Charanchi in Katsina state, not less than 10k cows leave that market every week, and that is only one market. There are others, mai adu'a, batsari, sheme, jibia among several others.

Let me tell you, Kebbi state can sustain that export and to me, that is even on the low side.
. You are right , I know of Mai'adua and Jibia market.. Kebbi state can do it

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Kebbi To Export 2,000 Goats Daily To Saudi Arabia by Nobody: 4:35pm On Aug 08, 2017
AlwaysUltraPad:
Nigeria has 53 million goats(6.3% of the world's goat population), thereby, ranking number 5 in the world among top 10 counties with highest population behind Bangladesh on number 4.

You'll agree with me that 95% of goat slaughtered in the south are from the north. Every day, you see trucks taking them down south in thousands- I mean every day . Include the ones consumed in the north on a daily basis too.

The population of Saudi is less than half of our population. If you check very well, Saudi does not have the number of people we have in the south. So , tell me, if we meet the daily demand of our goat consumption, why can't one state meet that of Saudi? Get it right, kebbi is a leading state when it comes to goat production. They feed south in terms of goat meat, why can't they feed Saudi ?
Kebbi can feed Saudi indeed, but how much FX will the goat trade generate?
Re: Kebbi To Export 2,000 Goats Daily To Saudi Arabia by Nobody: 4:37pm On Aug 08, 2017
bkool7:

6k cows are killed in lagos daily

nigerianobservernews.com/2015/05/6000-cattle-slaughtered-in-lagos-daily/

Have you ever gone to other state to buy cow meat and you didnt find?

Those 6k cows were they all reared in Lagos?
Re: Kebbi To Export 2,000 Goats Daily To Saudi Arabia by Ogbeniakin: 4:42pm On Aug 08, 2017
[quote author=nextprince post=59259166]

If you want to know how possible this is, do you know the number of cows leaving one market in Katsina every day?

The price they sell the goats is what is even important.. There will always be enough to sell as far as the price is good..

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Kebbi To Export 2,000 Goats Daily To Saudi Arabia by AlwaysUltraPad: 4:42pm On Aug 08, 2017
zenmaster:

Kebbi can feed Saudi indeed, but how much FX will the goat trade generate?
now you're shifting post. Are you asking this question even as we are yearning for diversification and suffering from our over dependence on oil? Maybe you're just not happy this news is coming from the north.

1 Like

Re: Kebbi To Export 2,000 Goats Daily To Saudi Arabia by Nobody: 4:44pm On Aug 08, 2017
AlwaysUltraPad:
now you're shifting post. Are you asking this question even as we are yearning for diversification and suffering from our over dependence on oil? Maybe you're just not happy this news is coming from the north.
grin grin grin
It is a good development for sure, I just wondering about the foreign exchange earning capacity
Re: Kebbi To Export 2,000 Goats Daily To Saudi Arabia by sundayadanlawo: 6:00pm On Aug 08, 2017
I am a christian from the South Western part of Nigeria. This move demands applaud for the government of Kebbi and people of Kebbi State. This is what we have been advocating for that every state in Nigeria needs to look at areas where they can increase the IGR instead of running to Abuja every month for Federal allocation. Kebbi State has succeeded in Rice Farming cultivation and I am 100% sure that the state we succeed in exporting goats to Saudi Arabia. God bless Kebbi State, God bless Federal Republic of Nigeria.

2 Likes

Re: Kebbi To Export 2,000 Goats Daily To Saudi Arabia by Nobody: 6:02pm On Aug 08, 2017
jeyselassie:
10,000 cows in one day ke. Brother do u know what 10000 is?that means practically 416 cows leave the market every hour

He said "A Week" not "A Day" Or You need Glasses!!!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Kebbi To Export 2,000 Goats Daily To Saudi Arabia by Nobody: 6:23pm On Aug 08, 2017
other countries are preparing to send human to jupiter and nigeria is exporting Goats? grin grin
Re: Kebbi To Export 2,000 Goats Daily To Saudi Arabia by Nobody: 6:34pm On Aug 08, 2017
CROWNWEALTH019:

Mynd44 must not see this rubbush

Lol I see what you did here. Niiicceeee
Re: Kebbi To Export 2,000 Goats Daily To Saudi Arabia by nextprince: 6:46pm On Aug 08, 2017
gypsey:
other countries are preparing to send human to jupiter and nigeria is exporting Goats? grin grin
And ugwu from Anambra state grin grin
Re: Kebbi To Export 2,000 Goats Daily To Saudi Arabia by Edum13656: 7:29pm On Aug 08, 2017
dem for no export. let dem keep searching for oil in the desert
Re: Kebbi To Export 2,000 Goats Daily To Saudi Arabia by Ekealterego: 9:20pm On Aug 08, 2017
nextprince:

Brother, EXCEPT that market is the major depot where livestock are distributed to the whole Nigeria, that figure is not feasible. From your estimation, the inventory of cattle from that market will be around 52k every year. Note however, that Egypt is has the highest inventory in Africa with a figure on the North side of 3 million. Libya, Angola ranks next, way higher than Nigeria's. So, 520k cows from one outlet is not a feasible figure.
Re: Kebbi To Export 2,000 Goats Daily To Saudi Arabia by nextprince: 9:31pm On Aug 08, 2017
Ekealterego:

Brother, EXCEPT that market is the major depot where livestock are distributed to the whole Nigeria, that figure is not feasible. From your estimation, the inventory of cattle from that market will be around 52k every year. Note however, that Egypt is has the highest inventory in Africa with a figure on the North side of 3 million. Libya, Angola ranks next, way higher than Nigeria's. So, 520k cows from one outlet is not a feasible figure.
Brother, Google is your friend and I'm pretty sure of what I'm saying.

Meanwhile, note, over 6k cows are slaughtered daily in Lagos alone, outrageous, right? But that is what it is.

Fyi, 10k per week translates to 1300/day.

Charanchi market in Katsina state is one of the largest cattle markets in the north, go and find out.
Re: Kebbi To Export 2,000 Goats Daily To Saudi Arabia by Umarlulu: 7:51am On Aug 09, 2017
nextprince:

how do know my state this much? social media is really doing wonders since 2015

1 Like

Re: Kebbi To Export 2,000 Goats Daily To Saudi Arabia by Nobody: 8:19am On Aug 09, 2017
Ekealterego:

Funny. One thing you should know is that markets receive cattle from other markets. Meaning Charanchi market will be receiving cattle from other smaller village markets like kano, jigawa, sokoto, kebbi, etc. This is sustainable

Lagos consumes more than 8000 cows daily and about 240,000 cows a month.
I will look for the link with the statistics.

1 Like

Re: Kebbi To Export 2,000 Goats Daily To Saudi Arabia by nextprince: 8:48am On Aug 09, 2017
Umarlulu:
how do know my state this much? social media is really doing wonders since 2015
Which of the states do you come from?

Kebbi or Katsina?
Re: Kebbi To Export 2,000 Goats Daily To Saudi Arabia by Nobody: 10:44am On Aug 09, 2017
A statement from the Coordinator Research & Strategy, NIRSAL, Bello Abdullahi Abba said Lagos alone consumes about 8000 cattle and small ruminants valued at N1.6 billion daily.

https://www.dailytrust.com.ng/news/business/2nd-cattle-train-leaves-nguru-for-lagos/164509.html
Re: Kebbi To Export 2,000 Goats Daily To Saudi Arabia by Umarlulu: 10:44am On Aug 09, 2017
nextprince:
Which of the states do you come from?
Kebbi or Katsina?
katsina
Re: Kebbi To Export 2,000 Goats Daily To Saudi Arabia by nextprince: 10:47am On Aug 09, 2017
Umarlulu:
katsina

My uncle deals in cattle. He has been to the markets I mentioned.

Infact, he has been to several more markets, I can't really remember them for now.

In addition, I'm a northerner.

1 Like

Re: Kebbi To Export 2,000 Goats Daily To Saudi Arabia by Umarlulu: 10:53am On Aug 09, 2017
nextprince:

My uncle deals in cattle. He has been to the markets I mentioned.

Infact, he has been to several more markets, I can't really remember them for now.

In addition, I'm a northerner.
where do you reside?
Re: Kebbi To Export 2,000 Goats Daily To Saudi Arabia by nextprince: 10:55am On Aug 09, 2017
Umarlulu:
where do you reside?
My state of origin or where I reside at the moment?
Re: Kebbi To Export 2,000 Goats Daily To Saudi Arabia by Umarlulu: 10:59am On Aug 09, 2017
nextprince:
My state of origin or where I reside at the moment?
both
Re: Kebbi To Export 2,000 Goats Daily To Saudi Arabia by tectonotimes: 1:49pm On Nov 10, 2017
randieboy:

https://www.google.com.ng/amp/sunnewsonline.com/igr-kebbi-to-export-2000-goats-daily-to-saudi-arabia/amp/
Have you heard this? Many Nigerian exporters have been defrauded of huge amount of money in the process of exporting commodities to foreign countries. Do you know why? They were not trained on export operations, management, documentations and the best methods of payment in export trade. This is terrible!!! Nigerians cannot continue to lose money to foreigners in the course of export business. Exporters, why don’t you get a practical manual that teaches the stages of export trade from processing and packaging of commodities to receipt of payment by the foreign buyers. It teaches export operations, export management, export documentations and methods of payment in export trade? It is a contemporary step-by-step guide to export trade. It tells all the contemporary dynamics in export trade. To get it, click on the link below:
http://www.tectono-business.com/2016/02/contemporary-step-by-step-guide-to.html

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Reasons Why Others Are Making Money Online and You Are Losing Money / Betfair Users Meet Here!!!! / 50 Customers Owe Nigerian Banks N5.23 Trillion

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.