Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,484 members, 7,830,436 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 10:11 PM

Expelled Olusegun Kayode Bello Sues Nigerian Law School, Police - Education (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Expelled Olusegun Kayode Bello Sues Nigerian Law School, Police (20810 Views)

Law School Vs. Kayode Bello: Give Him Another Chance Please - Nation's Editorial / Olusegun Kayode Bello: "My Rejoinder To The Nigerian Law School's Statement" / Why Olusegun Kayode Bello Was Expelled From The Nigerian Law School - Management (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Expelled Olusegun Kayode Bello Sues Nigerian Law School, Police by opeaceo: 7:09pm On Aug 08, 2017
Heffalump:
From what I read about him, he needs some spiritual help! You can't be bullying people upandan when you're a nobody. undecided

Who made him a nobody? I'm gonna watch how this pan out.

BTW, you can offer spiritual help to him, he might need it at some point.
Re: Expelled Olusegun Kayode Bello Sues Nigerian Law School, Police by Nobody: 7:13pm On Aug 08, 2017
egopersonified:

same thing happened to me the first time I came across his story. read like three lines and got confused, I had to start over again
That's a result of too much garri my dear.. May God help you.
Re: Expelled Olusegun Kayode Bello Sues Nigerian Law School, Police by mzeepositive: 7:26pm On Aug 08, 2017
my guy dey fight fedral government. You must be an EMPEROR

1 Like

Re: Expelled Olusegun Kayode Bello Sues Nigerian Law School, Police by chizzy161(f): 7:31pm On Aug 08, 2017
onegig:
Nice.

Want to see how this pans out. At least the law would take it course but if logical reasoning was common around here.

Then he should not have been expelled for a sit misunderstanding. That's way over reaching and draconian. Laws should be fair and just. The aim of all justice system is rehabilitation and not inflicting pain maybe the Law school Admims let this sink in. Precedent has shown no matter how hard a punishment is, it does not deter people from doing the crime.

Give him school detention(i.e stay off campuse for two weeks) or something. There were so many other ways of punishing his discretion but rusticating ain't the way to go.

You won't understand the principle of "fit and proper". Only we Lawyers understand it. He (Mr Bello) in my opinion and based on what I have read online is not fit and proper to be called to the bar.

2 Likes

Re: Expelled Olusegun Kayode Bello Sues Nigerian Law School, Police by udemzyudex(m): 7:41pm On Aug 08, 2017
ochobaba:
Keep suing until you sue yourself for miscreants suing
l

I wonder when people like you will have sense, must you comment if you have nothing reasonable to post?

2 Likes

Re: Expelled Olusegun Kayode Bello Sues Nigerian Law School, Police by udemzyudex(m): 7:42pm On Aug 08, 2017
chizzy161:

You won't understand the principle of "fit and proper". Only we Lawyers understand it. He (Mr Bello) in my opinion and based on what I have read online is not fit and proper to be called to the bar.

You don't have any right to judge him, you're not a judge you're just a lawyer.

6 Likes

Re: Expelled Olusegun Kayode Bello Sues Nigerian Law School, Police by Hotstew(m): 7:51pm On Aug 08, 2017
NwaAmaikpe:
shocked

The Igbos have a proverb that says;
"Nwatakiri na-agba surugede amaghi na surugede bu egwu ndi nmuo"

"The pikin wey dey dance surugede no know say surugede na spirit dance."

Kayode is fanning the embers of something that will eventually consume him.

I beg to disagree. I think this will shed some light on the high-handedness of management's in various higher institutions in Nigeria. They act like they are God. And when asked to respect the fundamental human rights of students and give them fair hearing, it's too much for them but when they want to fight their employer, they want the whole country to stand behind them.

4 Likes

Re: Expelled Olusegun Kayode Bello Sues Nigerian Law School, Police by chizzy161(f): 7:58pm On Aug 08, 2017
udemzyudex:

That is why it is my opinion not my judgement.

1 Like

Re: Expelled Olusegun Kayode Bello Sues Nigerian Law School, Police by doctorregular01(m): 8:01pm On Aug 08, 2017
Datz is why he is not you ; he is brave.
buygala:
grin grin

You are suing somebody and you expect to sit and pass an exam conducted by that same body grin... This guy must be high from sniffing tyre gum sad

Besides he seems to forget that by suing the Council of Legal Education, he is suing the cream of the Nigerian Judiciary, the Body of Benchers which comprises of Supreme Court justices and other Senior and influential Lawyers

Dude should just have behaved like me.. .. I took all the countless bullshiit they served us in the Enugu Campus of the Nigerian Law school, even pretended I gave a single fvck about the law school lecturers and officials... I left the school in peace and got called to bar a few months later...

Now if I fancy criticizing the law school, I can do so from a position of strength since we are all lawyers and nobody can withdraw my practicing license for pointing out some ills in that very authoritarian institution

6 Likes

Re: Expelled Olusegun Kayode Bello Sues Nigerian Law School, Police by susolzik(m): 8:02pm On Aug 08, 2017
udemzyudex:

Probably a charge and bail one one self!

1 Like

Re: Expelled Olusegun Kayode Bello Sues Nigerian Law School, Police by buygala(m): 8:06pm On Aug 08, 2017
doctorregular01:
Datz is why he is not you ; he is brave.

He isn't brave.. He is stupid smiley

One shouldn't choose to win a battle and lose the war...

Apart from putting himself in trouble and getting media attention that won't help him in any way, how else has his 'bravery' helped him?

Unless of course you are saying that all the lawyers that the law school has produced till date are all cowards as well.. They tolerated the very same treatment and some of them have become of much better benefit to Nigeria and the world at large than Mr Bello can even hope to be. smiley
Re: Expelled Olusegun Kayode Bello Sues Nigerian Law School, Police by udemzyudex(m): 8:06pm On Aug 08, 2017
susolzik:
Probably a charge and bail one one self!
LOL na u talk so not me.
Re: Expelled Olusegun Kayode Bello Sues Nigerian Law School, Police by susolzik(m): 8:06pm On Aug 08, 2017
buygala:
grin grin

You are suing somebody and you expect to sit and pass an exam conducted by that same body grin... This guy must be high from sniffing tyre gum sad

Besides he seems to forget that by suing the Council of Legal Education, he is suing the cream of the Nigerian Judiciary, the Body of Benchers which comprises of Supreme Court justices and other Senior and influential Lawyers

Dude should just have behaved like me.. .. I took all the countless bullshiit they served us in the Enugu Campus of the Nigerian Law school, even pretended I gave a single fvck about the law school lecturers and officials... I left the school in peace and got called to bar a few months later...

Now if I fancy criticizing the law school, I can do so from a position of strength since we are all lawyers and nobody can withdraw my practicing license for pointing out some ills in that very authoritarian institution
You took all the countless bullshit and you're still unable to sue them after being called to bar, that's the reason you're not Kay Bello.
He's chosen his path and he doesn't need your opinion.
Thanks

6 Likes

Re: Expelled Olusegun Kayode Bello Sues Nigerian Law School, Police by udemzyudex(m): 8:07pm On Aug 08, 2017
chizzy161:

That is why it is my opinion not my judgement.

I know it's your opinion but pls endeavour to think about this your opinion before posting it in public.

Some opinion can instigate war grin
Re: Expelled Olusegun Kayode Bello Sues Nigerian Law School, Police by buygala(m): 8:14pm On Aug 08, 2017
susolzik:

You took all the countless bullshit and you're still unable to sue them after being called to bar, that's the reason you're not Kay Bello.
Thanks

Fighting isn't all about bravery Sir... It's about a good sense of knowing when to lie low and when to attack smiley

It's not too late for u to work towards getting admitted to the law school and then launching your own attack on them

1 Like

Re: Expelled Olusegun Kayode Bello Sues Nigerian Law School, Police by chizzy161(f): 8:17pm On Aug 08, 2017
udemzyudex:

I know it's your opinion but pls endeavour to think about this your opinion before posting it in public.

Some opinion can instigate war grin

Everybody is entitled to his own opinion. It is a good thing that Mr Bello have gone to court, let us leave it for the Court to decide one way or the other.
Re: Expelled Olusegun Kayode Bello Sues Nigerian Law School, Police by udemzyudex(m): 8:21pm On Aug 08, 2017
chizzy161:

Everybody is entitled to his own opinion. It is a good thing that Mr Bello have gone to court, let us leave it for the Court to decide one way or the other.

You didn't leave it for the court to decide, why are you changing your opinion? grin

Anyway, hala Madrid

1 Like

Re: Expelled Olusegun Kayode Bello Sues Nigerian Law School, Police by baby124: 8:26pm On Aug 08, 2017
Good. That is the way to go. The court should allow him to take his exams.
Re: Expelled Olusegun Kayode Bello Sues Nigerian Law School, Police by Motion123(m): 8:29pm On Aug 08, 2017
chopbanana:
I thought i saw Korede Bello!
grin
chopbanana:
I thought i saw Korede Bello!

then u are truly high on tyre gum grin
Re: Expelled Olusegun Kayode Bello Sues Nigerian Law School, Police by opeaceo: 8:32pm On Aug 08, 2017
susolzik:

Thanks

Blessings to you wherever you are! Since he left the school, he hasn't written any piece addressing the ills of the law school, but he sits somewhere insulting someone that tries to challenge the status quo.

All the talks about bravery and when to lie low and all that BS and combat mess isn't needed in the Nigerian situation.

1 Like

Re: Expelled Olusegun Kayode Bello Sues Nigerian Law School, Police by shekauvsbuhari: 8:32pm On Aug 08, 2017
NwaAmaikpe:
shocked

The Igbos have a proverb that says;
"Nwatakiri na-agba surugede amaghi na surugede bu egwu ndi nmuo"

"The pikin wey dey dance surugede no know say surugede na spirit dance."

Kayode is fanning the embers of something that will eventually consume him.
I disagree. Some are born with an inner tenacity to swim against the tide and overcome. He can make it.

1 Like

Re: Expelled Olusegun Kayode Bello Sues Nigerian Law School, Police by chizzy161(f): 8:37pm On Aug 08, 2017
udemzyudex:

You didn't leave it for the court to decide, why are you changing your opinion? grin

Anyway, hala Madrid

As I said earlier, everybody is entitled to his opinion.
Re: Expelled Olusegun Kayode Bello Sues Nigerian Law School, Police by thunderbabs: 8:44pm On Aug 08, 2017
This dude is a real nigga..he serves them as e dey hot
Re: Expelled Olusegun Kayode Bello Sues Nigerian Law School, Police by shekauvsbuhari: 8:44pm On Aug 08, 2017
buygala:
grin grin

I disagree. All of us cannot be cowards.Our cowardice is de reason why our govt is giving us shit to eat three times a day. If his "chi" as the igbos say has created him a brave man with the inner tenacity to take punches and question de status-quo,good! Let him continue on his path of destiny.I personaly have swam against de tide once in my life.I was bruised and battered but I won.the respect,accolades, recognition and power it got me are still opening doors for me uptil today.If he has de balls n can absord de shock and wether the storm, let him go ahead.Glory lies ahead but its not easy to get.

4 Likes

Re: Expelled Olusegun Kayode Bello Sues Nigerian Law School, Police by susolzik(m): 9:09pm On Aug 08, 2017
buygala:

Fighting isn't all about bravery Sir... It's about a good sense of knowing when to lie low and when to attack smiley

It's not too late for u to work towards getting admitted to the law school and then launching your own attack on them
So I'll join the list of zombies being churned out at the law school?
Thanks anyway!
Re: Expelled Olusegun Kayode Bello Sues Nigerian Law School, Police by yomalex(m): 9:12pm On Aug 08, 2017
buygala:

He isn't brave.. He is stupid smiley

One shouldn't choose to win a battle and lose the war...

Apart from putting himself in trouble and getting media attention that won't help him in any way, how else has his 'bravery' helped him?

Unless of course you are saying that all the lawyers that the law school has produced till date are all cowards as well.. They tolerated the very same treatment and some of them have become of much better benefit to Nigeria and the world at large than Mr Bello can even hope to be. smiley
He didn't just wake up and start doing this, there are antecedents. Left to those he has battled before now he wouldn't even be in Law School
Re: Expelled Olusegun Kayode Bello Sues Nigerian Law School, Police by susolzik(m): 9:14pm On Aug 08, 2017
Kayode Bello has never been afraid of fighting till the last drop of his blood!
It took him almost a decade before UI released him, at a time we even thought he won't be issued the certificate again.
You may disagree with his approach, but one thing you can't take away from him is the fact that whenever Kayode Bello have issues with superior authority, it's because his right is being infringed upon.
Oluwasegun Bello, may you succeed and may God Almighty be with you as you fight the last battle before you're called to the bar.
Victory is certain in the end.

2 Likes

Re: Expelled Olusegun Kayode Bello Sues Nigerian Law School, Police by buygala(m): 9:24pm On Aug 08, 2017
yomalex:
He didn't just wake up and start doing this, there are antecedents. Left to those he has battled before now he wouldn't even be in Law School

Well, nobody fights the Council of Legal Education and wins because its members are the ones who will sit over the matter in court . .

If the council says he isn't gonna become a lawyer in Nigeria, there is nothing anybody can do about it.. .. He should just go do something else with his life...
Re: Expelled Olusegun Kayode Bello Sues Nigerian Law School, Police by yomalex(m): 9:27pm On Aug 08, 2017
buygala:

Well, nobody fights the Council of Legal Education and wins because its members are the ones who will sit over the matter in court . .

If the council says he isn't gonna become a lawyer in Nigeria, there is nothing anybody can do about it.. .. He should just go do something else with his life...
I guess we all have to wait and see how it ends.

1 Like

Re: Expelled Olusegun Kayode Bello Sues Nigerian Law School, Police by onegig(m): 10:29pm On Aug 08, 2017
chizzy161:

I cannot understand and i don't want to even understand whatever justifications you guys have. Fit and proper? Prolly he should face a firing squad because of a squabble? If the school administration were so busy and had lots on their hands they wouldn't be deliberating on squabbles between fellow students that could have been sorted by an ordinary SRC. Even hardened criminals are granted paroles.

And from his account and even the press release by the law school., the issue was a non issue that was not supposed to be blown out of proportion.

So you support that someone's future should be destroyed because of an ordinary infraction? Are you telling me the crime committed is commiserate with the purnishment meted?. No wonder we have mobsters burning people up and down.

If we are producing lawyers who can't see beyond their egos and thoughts of seeking pounds of flesh or revenge or severe purnishment then I doubt what the ordinary man's understanding of justice would be.

5 Likes

Re: Expelled Olusegun Kayode Bello Sues Nigerian Law School, Police by onegig(m): 10:31pm On Aug 08, 2017
buygala:

So they are prejudiced? Is that what you are saying?

And seeking justice and interpretation of laws is fighting the law school?

No wonder the country is the way it is.

3 Likes

Re: Expelled Olusegun Kayode Bello Sues Nigerian Law School, Police by ochobaba(m): 10:41pm On Aug 08, 2017
free2ryhme:

U better shut up

Instead of encouraging you come here dey post rubbish

People like you are the reason the Nigerian state is the way it is you don't know your rights

You now ask why foreigners treat you like trash in their land when you don't even treat yourselves as humans

Many of us have unrealistic expectations, we expect Nigeria to be what it never was,or. What is was never intended to be...
Same was said when Evans your elder brother lawyers sued for not charging Evans your brother to court...what happened afterwards
That's only if you know

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

JAMB University Enrolment Figures Are Shocking? / Upper View From OAU Matriculation At Amphi Theatre. Acting VC absent / UNICAL Students Confronted With "Nigerian Youth Are Lazy" Question In Exam

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.