Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,484 members, 7,812,503 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 02:25 PM

Expelled Olusegun Kayode Bello Sues Nigerian Law School, Police - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Expelled Olusegun Kayode Bello Sues Nigerian Law School, Police (20783 Views)

Law School Vs. Kayode Bello: Give Him Another Chance Please - Nation's Editorial / Olusegun Kayode Bello: "My Rejoinder To The Nigerian Law School's Statement" / Why Olusegun Kayode Bello Was Expelled From The Nigerian Law School - Management (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Expelled Olusegun Kayode Bello Sues Nigerian Law School, Police by adaweezy(m): 5:01pm On Aug 08, 2017
Expelled law school student, Kayode Bello has initiated a suit against the Council of Legal Education controllers of the Nigerian Law School.

The suit which was filed at the Federal High Court, Abuja Judicial Division with the SUIT NO: FHC/ABJ/CS/717/2017, also has the Inspector General of Police as the second Respondent.

According to a 9 paragraph affidavit deposed to by Kayode’s lawyer, Ayodele Ademiluyi, made available to yours truly, Kayode Bello sued Council of Legal Education for forcefully ejecting him from his room 017, Block F, of the Nigerian Law School, Bwari, Abuja in March, 2017 and was subsequently expelled from the school for a simple misunderstanding over sitting reservation with a colleague.

On the motion it was also stated that he was issued a query by the council for complaining, though he answered the said query, but was abruptly forced out of his room and expelled as a student without any hearing whatsoever from him.

The plaintiff is seeking an order of the Court to grant him leave to hear and/or entertain the present suit during the vacation of Federal High Court.

He is also asking the court to intervene promptly, since the Bar final exam starts on the 15th of August, 2017, so that he won’t miss the exam, thereby jeopardizing his career and future as a legal practitioner.

He also pleaded that none of the parties will be prejudiced by the grant of this application. The matter is yet to be assigned to a Judge.
Sources https://www.lawyard.ng/kayode-bello-sues-nigerian-law-school-police/

6 Likes

Re: Expelled Olusegun Kayode Bello Sues Nigerian Law School, Police by ochobaba(m): 5:03pm On Aug 08, 2017
Keep suing until you sue yourself for miscreants suing

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Expelled Olusegun Kayode Bello Sues Nigerian Law School, Police by jonathanOz: 5:06pm On Aug 08, 2017
Nice one. Fight them with the weapon they gave you.

67 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Expelled Olusegun Kayode Bello Sues Nigerian Law School, Police by ojun50(m): 5:19pm On Aug 08, 2017
Wetin concern me, i don tire for this country

1 Like

Re: Expelled Olusegun Kayode Bello Sues Nigerian Law School, Police by buygala(m): 6:58pm On Aug 08, 2017
adaweezy:
He is also asking the court to intervene promptly, since the Bar final exam starts on the 15th of August, 2017, so that he won’t miss the exam, thereby jeopardizing his career and future as a legal practitioner/
grin grin

You are suing somebody and you expect to sit and pass an exam conducted by that same body grin... This guy must be high from sniffing tyre gum sad

Besides he seems to forget that by suing the Council of Legal Education, he is suing the cream of the Nigerian Judiciary, the Body of Benchers which comprises of Supreme Court justices and other Senior and influential Lawyers

Dude should just have behaved like me.. .. I took all the countless bullshiit they served us in the Enugu Campus of the Nigerian Law school, even pretended I gave a single fvck about the law school lecturers and officials... I left the school in peace and got called to bar a few months later...

Now if I fancy criticizing the law school, I can do so from a position of strength since we are all lawyers and nobody can withdraw my practicing license for pointing out some ills in that very authoritarian institution

65 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Expelled Olusegun Kayode Bello Sues Nigerian Law School, Police by MicroBox: 6:58pm On Aug 08, 2017
K
Re: Expelled Olusegun Kayode Bello Sues Nigerian Law School, Police by chopbanana: 6:58pm On Aug 08, 2017
I thought i saw Korede Bello!

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Expelled Olusegun Kayode Bello Sues Nigerian Law School, Police by veacea: 6:58pm On Aug 08, 2017
Eeeyahh
Re: Expelled Olusegun Kayode Bello Sues Nigerian Law School, Police by Nobody: 6:58pm On Aug 08, 2017
I'll love to see how this plays out

2 Likes

Re: Expelled Olusegun Kayode Bello Sues Nigerian Law School, Police by NwaAmaikpe: 7:00pm On Aug 08, 2017
shocked

The Igbos have a proverb that says;
"Nwatakiri na-agba surugede amaghi na surugede bu egwu ndi nmuo"

"The pikin wey dey dance surugede no know say surugede na spirit dance."

Kayode is fanning the embers of something that will eventually consume him.

25 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Expelled Olusegun Kayode Bello Sues Nigerian Law School, Police by madridguy(m): 7:00pm On Aug 08, 2017
Noted.
Re: Expelled Olusegun Kayode Bello Sues Nigerian Law School, Police by medolab90(m): 7:00pm On Aug 08, 2017
K
Re: Expelled Olusegun Kayode Bello Sues Nigerian Law School, Police by Evablizin(f): 7:00pm On Aug 08, 2017
shocked

Ok happy suing
Re: Expelled Olusegun Kayode Bello Sues Nigerian Law School, Police by dukauchen(m): 7:01pm On Aug 08, 2017
This man again...seems like he's got connections
Re: Expelled Olusegun Kayode Bello Sues Nigerian Law School, Police by ruffDiamond: 7:01pm On Aug 08, 2017
tongue
Re: Expelled Olusegun Kayode Bello Sues Nigerian Law School, Police by dotcomnamename: 7:01pm On Aug 08, 2017
. grin
Re: Expelled Olusegun Kayode Bello Sues Nigerian Law School, Police by Bukky001(m): 7:02pm On Aug 08, 2017
ok
Re: Expelled Olusegun Kayode Bello Sues Nigerian Law School, Police by Heffalump(m): 7:02pm On Aug 08, 2017
From what I read about him, he needs some spiritual help! You can't be bullying people upandan when you're a nobody. undecided

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Expelled Olusegun Kayode Bello Sues Nigerian Law School, Police by Ideyontop: 7:02pm On Aug 08, 2017
Eya, close to exams na him dem expel you, law school why na?
Re: Expelled Olusegun Kayode Bello Sues Nigerian Law School, Police by onegig(m): 7:03pm On Aug 08, 2017
Nice.

Want to see how this pans out. At least the law would take it's course but if logical reasoning was common around here then he should not have been expelled for a sit misunderstanding in the first place. That's way over reaching and draconian. Laws should be fair and just. The aim of all justice system is rehabilitation and not inflicting pain maybe the Law school Admin let this sink in. Precedent has shown no matter how hard a punishment is, it does not deter people from doing the crime. He didn't cheat in an exam, it was an altercation for goodness sake. We all do disagree with people daily.

Give him school detention(i.e stay off campus for two weeks, a month) or something else do probono. Serve for free in a remote village for 6 weeks at a motherless babies home. There were so many other ways of punishing his misdemeanor but rusticating ain't the way to go.

Edited...

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Expelled Olusegun Kayode Bello Sues Nigerian Law School, Police by sunkoye: 7:03pm On Aug 08, 2017
This is getting lovely and interesting. cool
Re: Expelled Olusegun Kayode Bello Sues Nigerian Law School, Police by free2ryhme: 7:04pm On Aug 08, 2017
The challenge activists go through to fight for their rights.

Now you see why these people are special in their own ways

5 Likes

Re: Expelled Olusegun Kayode Bello Sues Nigerian Law School, Police by ogawisdom(m): 7:05pm On Aug 08, 2017
grin he is definitely missing the Bar final exams coming up next Tuesday. Foolish dude. D case is even dead on arrival BC d court will soon squash it

1 Like

Re: Expelled Olusegun Kayode Bello Sues Nigerian Law School, Police by Kobicove(m): 7:05pm On Aug 08, 2017
This guy is only making his case worse... undecided

One needs to learn to pick his battles

2 Likes

Re: Expelled Olusegun Kayode Bello Sues Nigerian Law School, Police by free2ryhme: 7:06pm On Aug 08, 2017
ochobaba:
Keep suing until you sue yourself for miscreants suing

U better shut up

Instead of encouraging you come here dey post rubbish

People like you are the reason the Nigerian state is the way it is you don't know your rights

You now ask why foreigners treat you like trash in their land when you don't even treat yourselves as humans

25 Likes 1 Share

Re: Expelled Olusegun Kayode Bello Sues Nigerian Law School, Police by yommen: 7:06pm On Aug 08, 2017
K Bello was my course mate na! We did OND together in MAPOLY , Ojere before he proceeded to read law in UI why I also left for OOU. He was the best in my set. Na middle seat I been dey sitdon. I knew him to be a very quiet person. We parted ways since early 2004 though.

5 Likes

Re: Expelled Olusegun Kayode Bello Sues Nigerian Law School, Police by talk2hb1(m): 7:06pm On Aug 08, 2017
good to hear that, Eni bi omo oran naa ni yo pan (On easy lies the head wears the crown)
Beside
Check out my SMS Marketing Solutions for Businesses. https://sms2profit.com
Re: Expelled Olusegun Kayode Bello Sues Nigerian Law School, Police by AYLiveSHows: 7:06pm On Aug 08, 2017
HY FRIEND!

Do you have an article/story you want us to publish online?. this is a great opportunity for you, we are now accepting articles, confirm stories, sponsored post, advert etc.

Naija Newspapers is one of leading Newspapers review website in Nigeria, Where all Nigeria Newspapers are found in one pack. We provide daily Nigeria Newspaper Headlines. For all your favourite and daily newspapers, Always Visit our website http://www.naijanewspapers.com.ng we promise DAILY, we must not fail
Re: Expelled Olusegun Kayode Bello Sues Nigerian Law School, Police by Nobody: 7:07pm On Aug 08, 2017
That's good. I know he will surely win the case.
Re: Expelled Olusegun Kayode Bello Sues Nigerian Law School, Police by handsomenonny(m): 7:08pm On Aug 08, 2017
Cool
Re: Expelled Olusegun Kayode Bello Sues Nigerian Law School, Police by egopersonified(f): 7:09pm On Aug 08, 2017
chopbanana:
I thought i saw Korede Bello!

same thing happened to me the first time I came across his story. read like three lines and got confused, I had to start over again

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Studying Medicine/ Being A Medical Doctor( Over Hyped ) / Kwankwaso To Build Another School In Niger Republic / Extension Of JAMB Result Validity: What Are The Possible Implications?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.