Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,618 members, 7,820,187 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 11:08 AM

N50 Sachet Garri With Groundnut And Sugar Sold In Ogun State - Food (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / N50 Sachet Garri With Groundnut And Sugar Sold In Ogun State (46398 Views)

Photo Of Roasted Corn In A Branded Sachet / How Much Is A Plate Of Food Sold In Your Area? / Big Pure Water Sold In Benin - photo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: N50 Sachet Garri With Groundnut And Sugar Sold In Ogun State by edoman2016: 2:02am On Aug 09, 2017
crownprince102:

Sir, I'm not ridiculing the dude. I'm indeed praising that idea. You people might find this weird but it's the unseen truth. Though the dude went too blunt the way he said it.

You can learn about Apple success story. How did it become world most valuable company. Also some top companies in the world.
Also, it's far easier to sell to the rich and middle class compared to the poor.

For instance, a fruit juice company will be able to sell more of their fruit juice products to the rich and middle class more than to the poor. Because the rich and middle class will have the purchasing power to afford their products and also know the benefits of drinking their fruit juices.

Whereas the poor may see the company's fruit juice products as a luxury and could not be able to afford it or be easily convinced about the benefits of drinking their fruit juice products. I

In summary, I just believe the poor are problematic to deal with. Even the richest man in China, Jack ma said the same thing about the poor
Re: N50 Sachet Garri With Groundnut And Sugar Sold In Ogun State by encrypt(m): 4:15am On Aug 09, 2017
Caustics:
if you have 200 why not buy a plate of food instead
Why do people assume drinking Garri is for poor people?
As far as i'm concerned it's as good as drinking cornflakes and even more satisfying under equal circumstances
Re: N50 Sachet Garri With Groundnut And Sugar Sold In Ogun State by encrypt(m): 4:33am On Aug 09, 2017
crownprince102:

Sir, I'm not ridiculing the dude. I'm indeed praising that idea. You people might find this weird but it's the unseen truth. Though the dude went too blunt the way he said it.

You can learn about Apple success story. How did it become world most valuable company. Also some top companies in the world.

You obviously don't know a lot about markets and the theories that govern the market.
When it comes to penetrating the market you have two main options
You can produce at a cheaper price and thus sell more of your product and take up a large share of the market
OR
You can produce a distinct product sell at a high price and target people interested in high quality products

The second option is what Apple used since they can't compete with windows price wise.

Does this mean windows is doing poorly as a result??

Let's not forget the young man said the company can't make it..he didn't say it would have been more profitable to target the rich.
Re: N50 Sachet Garri With Groundnut And Sugar Sold In Ogun State by shekauvsbuhari: 5:02am On Aug 09, 2017
ecoeco:

#1 rule of successful entrepreneurship

Never sell to the poor

If u want to help d poor sell ur products @ a high price to d rich nd help d poor with d profit

That business will surely crash

#Eco99#
dumb business analyst/adviser. Whoever u teach biz will remain a pauper 4 ever. Cowbell satchet milk, alias abiola milk, have u heard of it and de other companies dt later copied them? In short no need to go on.
Re: N50 Sachet Garri With Groundnut And Sugar Sold In Ogun State by ajibsca: 5:14am On Aug 09, 2017
Thank you for enlightening that chap. Most of the major companies in Nigeria sell to the poor. Nestle ,cadbury, CHIVITA and even Dangote. They all stock products that sell below 100 naira and that is a number game .

TheGoodJoe:

So you think companies that own beverage drinks and milk that went on to produce their products in sachets do not know business.

Things like Sachet Peak, Sachet bournvita etc.

There are far more poor people than the rich. If you can sell products to these poor people, you hit it big.

1 Like

Re: N50 Sachet Garri With Groundnut And Sugar Sold In Ogun State by ajibsca: 5:26am On Aug 09, 2017
In a country where more than 50% of its populace can be tagged as poor,I think selling to the poor is more profitable in a game of numbers . You have been given examples of products by other people here . I can analyze a few products for you but don't want to make this too long. Those 50# caprisonne ,chi happy hour etc u see school children taking sells like dope if you are in the right location close to where students pass thru. On the other hand take a look at Dangotes products- Mowa water, Dangote Sugar, Dangote Salt etc . Those are money spinners mate. If you do the cost per box and cost per unit, you will understand better. Even shoprite still sells products for poor people lol.

edoman2016:

Also, it's far easier to sell to the rich and middle class compared to the poor.

For instance, a fruit juice company will be able to sell more of their fruit juice products to the rich and middle class more than to the poor. Because the rich and middle class will have the purchasing power to afford their products and also know the benefits of drinking their fruit juices.

Whereas the poor may see the company's fruit juice products as a luxury and could not be able to afford it or be easily convinced about the benefits of drinking their fruit juice products. I

In summary, I just believe the poor are problematic to deal with. Even the richest man in China, Jack ma said the same thing about the poor

1 Like

Re: N50 Sachet Garri With Groundnut And Sugar Sold In Ogun State by enimooko: 5:47am On Aug 09, 2017
alcmene:
That's the food Afonjas can afford for the meantime.

Passed through Ilaro, Ita-Ogbolu and other remote areas of Ondo state and had pity on those guys.

The Great Afonja Slave Nnamdi K will not like this
Re: N50 Sachet Garri With Groundnut And Sugar Sold In Ogun State by alexarelano(m): 5:49am On Aug 09, 2017
alcmene:

Passed through Ilaro, Ita-Ogbolu and other remote areas of Ondo state and had pity on those guys.

U can even cry if u like. It's permitted. Son of a gun
Re: N50 Sachet Garri With Groundnut And Sugar Sold In Ogun State by correctguy101(m): 6:18am On Aug 09, 2017
Caustics:
if you have 200 why not buy a plate of food instead
Even if I would want to eat garri, with 200naira on me I wouldn't buy this stuff.

That stuff ain't for those of us who knows I could use same 200naira and get 35cl bottle of groundnut with close to half cup of garri and milk to make it cassava flakesgrin cheesy

People would just buy to taste it, that's all then back to the normal ways of drinking garri, erm, sorry, cassava flakes cheesy

and someone calls this innovation. I call it mediocrity but if e give him his livelihood, good for him. Wish them well
Re: N50 Sachet Garri With Groundnut And Sugar Sold In Ogun State by Senigentle(m): 6:26am On Aug 09, 2017
God bless your hustle
Re: N50 Sachet Garri With Groundnut And Sugar Sold In Ogun State by Profhussy(m): 6:31am On Aug 09, 2017
omowolewa:
Humm! Ground zero

It's proteinous

Really?

1 Like

Re: N50 Sachet Garri With Groundnut And Sugar Sold In Ogun State by mecussey(m): 6:58am On Aug 09, 2017
alcmene:

...and your head is still siting on your shoulder, beware of miners.
Re: N50 Sachet Garri With Groundnut And Sugar Sold In Ogun State by Paentera(m): 7:31am On Aug 09, 2017
CastedDude:
While others are lamenting that there are no jobs in Nigeria, some others are busy hustling for themselves with any productive idea they can come up with. According to a social media user, this is the trend in Ogun state (Ijebu Garri loaded with groundnut and sugar).

Online users have hailed the 'low-cost curing' for an average Nigerian which is being sold for N50.

https://www.nationalhelm.co/2017/08/see-nigerian-entrepreneurs-taking-hustling-next-level-photos.html

This is value adding at its best! If manufacturers of garri did this, they would make way over 200% on their garri production instead of the mid-range margins they probably make right now.
Re: N50 Sachet Garri With Groundnut And Sugar Sold In Ogun State by TEYA: 7:34am On Aug 09, 2017
ecoeco:

Never sell to the poor

If u want to help d poor sell ur products @ a high price to d rich nd help d poor with d profit

#Eco99#
Wonder where you learnt that from. Ever read the book "The fortune at the bottom of the pyramid"? where several examples were made of how businesses excelled by targeting the "bottom of the pyramid " market? Cowbell is one of the examples sited. While peak and the rest of them sold in tins and big sachets, cowbell sold in small sachet and that led to a very stiff competition for other bigger milk brands which compelled them to sell in small sachets to stay relevant in the market. The sachet water which is popular in Nigeria and has made many rich does not target our elites (who will rather patronize bottled water) but the poor.

1 Like

Re: N50 Sachet Garri With Groundnut And Sugar Sold In Ogun State by Priest69(m): 7:54am On Aug 09, 2017
ecoeco:

Never sell to the poor

SMH..... Never underestimate the power of small money. The poor has more spending culture than the rich

#Eco99#
Re: N50 Sachet Garri With Groundnut And Sugar Sold In Ogun State by silversonuc(m): 8:00am On Aug 09, 2017
HelenBee:
I'll take 4 at a go.
just make ya 200naira avaiable at every go
Re: N50 Sachet Garri With Groundnut And Sugar Sold In Ogun State by webngnews: 8:01am On Aug 09, 2017
Really
Re: N50 Sachet Garri With Groundnut And Sugar Sold In Ogun State by crownprince102: 8:10am On Aug 09, 2017
encrypt:

You obviously don't know a lot about markets and the theories that govern the market.
When it comes to penetrating the market you have two main options
You can produce at a cheaper price and thus sell more of your product and take up a large share of the market
OR
You can produce a distinct product sell at a high price and target people interested in high quality products

The second option is what Apple used since they can't compete with windows price wise.

Does this mean windows is doing poorly as a result??

Let's not forget the young man said the company can't make it..he didn't say it would have been more profitable to target the rich.
If you know all this theories I guess you should know what I mean by my post.

Citing Microsoft has your example also proofs my point. A poor man is a man who lives below the poverty line according to united nation.

This man here can't afford any Microsoft product be it the MSN, Tech net, Window Office, Skype, Xbox unless it's a clone version.

Window doesn't in any way target the poor man. I believe the guy with the earlier post should have said the middle class and the upper class instead of the rich.

Note that Apple beat Microsoft in terms of revenue and profit.
Re: N50 Sachet Garri With Groundnut And Sugar Sold In Ogun State by crownprince102: 8:12am On Aug 09, 2017
edoman2016:

What Jack Ma said about the poor people is complete finishing.
Re: N50 Sachet Garri With Groundnut And Sugar Sold In Ogun State by adetayo234: 8:13am On Aug 09, 2017
alcmene:

If your cursed parents could afford that food in your muddy gully landlocked villages, they wouldn't have run to Lagos as if demons were pursuing them from their land.
Re: N50 Sachet Garri With Groundnut And Sugar Sold In Ogun State by tk4rd: 8:33am On Aug 09, 2017
ecoeco:

Never sell to the poor

#Eco99#
Cowbell didn't do that..
I remembered those days.
We could lick dry powdered milk anytime we liked without having to go to the big Peak Milk Container to steal it, just because we could afford N10 to buy Cowbell Sachet Milk.
Re: N50 Sachet Garri With Groundnut And Sugar Sold In Ogun State by bashydemy(m): 9:08am On Aug 09, 2017
alcmene:

Well maybe because they are not into drug like the Igbos, But what can you people afford? ugwu?
Re: N50 Sachet Garri With Groundnut And Sugar Sold In Ogun State by Nobody: 9:09am On Aug 09, 2017
CastedDude:
While others are lamenting that there are no jobs in Nigeria, some others are busy hustling for themselves with any productive idea they can come up with. According to a social media user, this is the trend in Ogun state (Ijebu Garri loaded with groundnut and sugar).

Online users have hailed the 'low-cost curing' for an average Nigerian which is being sold for N50.

https://www.nationalhelm.co/2017/08/see-nigerian-entrepreneurs-taking-hustling-next-level-photos.html
let's just say hungry man satchet.
Re: N50 Sachet Garri With Groundnut And Sugar Sold In Ogun State by Nickymezor(f): 9:30am On Aug 09, 2017
Hmmmm, no b small tin... man gas to survive
Re: N50 Sachet Garri With Groundnut And Sugar Sold In Ogun State by enomakos(m): 9:55am On Aug 09, 2017
ecoeco:

Never sell to the poor

#Eco99#
have you done business before in your life?

1 Like

Re: N50 Sachet Garri With Groundnut And Sugar Sold In Ogun State by iammolise(m): 9:57am On Aug 09, 2017
Hmm ..G4 pack. Maybe I'll come up with corn and coconut pack, I'll sure make a lot from that. grin
Re: N50 Sachet Garri With Groundnut And Sugar Sold In Ogun State by enomakos(m): 10:04am On Aug 09, 2017
crownprince102:

Wow! So a Nigerian youth could have this idea.....

Bro, you gonna make a great entrepreneur. Meet you at the top.
do you know how much fan yoghurt cost back then? if the owner hads sold to the Rich's do you think the company will have survived?
Re: N50 Sachet Garri With Groundnut And Sugar Sold In Ogun State by encrypt(m): 10:07am On Aug 09, 2017
crownprince102:

If you know all this theories I guess you should know what I mean by my post.

Citing Microsoft has your example also proofs my point. A poor man is a man who lives below the poverty line according to united nation.

This man here can't afford any Microsoft product be it the MSN, Tech net, Window Office, Skype, Xbox unless it's a clone version.

Window doesn't in any way target the poor man. I believe the guy with the earlier post should have said the middle class and the upper class instead of the rich.

Note that Apple beat Microsoft in terms of revenue and profit.
Your point was that we should go check Apple story and i am telling you why apple went that route. The first option is always producing at a cheaper price and selling to gain a larger market share then scale up pricing.

Now poverty level that you talk about (UN definition) my citation doesn't apply to Nigeria as we aren't major consumers of either brands.

Then going back to the topic itself, no poor man like you all are saying would buy the packaged garri and sugar cause they probably don't even drink garri with all of those things and either get it from the farm or on credit. So the target to begin with is not the poor per say but middle to high class individuals who would appreciate clean packaging etc.

How will someone say a business can't thrive by targeting the poor that is just flawed logic!
Re: N50 Sachet Garri With Groundnut And Sugar Sold In Ogun State by stanluiz(m): 10:08am On Aug 09, 2017
Misterdhee1:

Well,that's why we are called omoluabi. We wouldn't steal just because we want to be crowned with red caps for village square.
but your do ritual killing and internet online frauding.
Re: N50 Sachet Garri With Groundnut And Sugar Sold In Ogun State by Funkybabee(f): 10:28am On Aug 09, 2017
stanluiz:
but your do ritual killing and internet online frauding.

U better keep your mouth shut and come and carry your useless sisters here full of ashawo disgracing their motherhood
Re: N50 Sachet Garri With Groundnut And Sugar Sold In Ogun State by Pamelayoung: 11:18am On Aug 09, 2017
aribisala0:
Never sell to the poor? You think business is theory? Who does WalMart sell to?

Who does CocaCola sell to? Who does McDonald's sell to? Who doe NaijaBet sell to?

Business with the poor is not about HELPING them but making money from them?

Is it rich people that buy indomie noodles or Gala?

Finally who do Enoch Adeboye and Chris Oyakhilome sell to?
The poor people are the easiest to exploit and make money from once you figure out what to sell them

Yes to say that the so called rich people are so full of themselves that they had rather buy imported garri from India than petronise local ones on a second tot I don't even blame them most of the things made in Nigeria by Nigerians are fake.
Re: N50 Sachet Garri With Groundnut And Sugar Sold In Ogun State by Pamelayoung: 11:28am On Aug 09, 2017
TEYA:

Wonder where you learnt that from. Ever read the book "The fortune at the bottom of the pyramid"? where several examples were made of how businesses excelled by targeting the "bottom of the pyramid " market? Cowbell is one of the examples sited. While peak and the rest of them sold in tins and big sachets, cowbell sold in small sachet and that led to a very stiff competition for other bigger milk brands which compelled them to sell in small sachets to stay relevant in the market. The sachet water which is popular in Nigeria and has made many rich does not target our elites (who will rather patronize bottled water) but the poor.

Same way hypo knocked jik off the market

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Buhari Restaurant Emerges. / High Cost Of Living: See The Mangoes I Bought For #500 / Cameroon Street Foods Which Cameroonians Love The Most

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.