Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,681 members, 7,809,579 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 11:35 AM

N50 Sachet Garri With Groundnut And Sugar Sold In Ogun State - Food (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / N50 Sachet Garri With Groundnut And Sugar Sold In Ogun State (46349 Views)

Photo Of Roasted Corn In A Branded Sachet / How Much Is A Plate Of Food Sold In Your Area? / Big Pure Water Sold In Benin - photo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: N50 Sachet Garri With Groundnut And Sugar Sold In Ogun State by TrumpDonald2: 12:27pm On Aug 09, 2017
ecoeco:

#1 rule of successful entrepreneurship

Never sell to the poor

If u want to help d poor sell ur products @ a high price to d rich nd help d poor with d profit

That business will surely crash

#Eco99#

I disagree with you bro. Can one ever stop eating? What makes you think the business will crash?

And from which book did you get that rule from? You guys should stop swallowing every information you get from books without investigating the environment and factors that led to the formulation of the rule.

If the author is from Europe where there are many comfortable people than the poor ones, then he's right. But you cant apply that rule here Nigeria where the poor are far more than the rich.
Re: N50 Sachet Garri With Groundnut And Sugar Sold In Ogun State by akigbemaru: 12:56pm On Aug 09, 2017
CastedDude:
While others are lamenting that there are no jobs in Nigeria, some others are busy hustling for themselves with any productive idea they can come up with. According to a social media user, this is the trend in Ogun state (Ijebu Garri loaded with groundnut and sugar).

Online users have hailed the 'low-cost curing' for an average Nigerian which is being sold for N50.

https://www.nationalhelm.co/2017/08/see-nigerian-entrepreneurs-taking-hustling-next-level-photos.html
Re: N50 Sachet Garri With Groundnut And Sugar Sold In Ogun State by romenna: 3:48pm On Aug 09, 2017
ecoeco:

#1 rule of successful entrepreneurship

Never sell to the poor

If u want to help d poor sell ur products @ a high price to d rich nd help d poor with d profit

That business will surely crash

#Eco99#
m
Re: N50 Sachet Garri With Groundnut And Sugar Sold In Ogun State by crownprince102: 7:03pm On Aug 09, 2017
enomakos:
do you know how much fan yoghurt cost back then? if the owner hads sold to the Rich's do you think the company will have survived?
exactly my point... you don't capitalize on the poor in setting a business proposal.
Re: N50 Sachet Garri With Groundnut And Sugar Sold In Ogun State by crownprince102: 7:11pm On Aug 09, 2017
encrypt:

Your point was that we should go check Apple story and i am telling you why apple went that route. The first option is always producing at a cheaper price and selling to gain a larger market share then scale up pricing.

Now poverty level that you talk about (UN definition) my citation doesn't apply to Nigeria as we aren't major consumers of either brands.

Then going back to the topic itself, no poor man like you all are saying would buy the packaged garri and sugar cause they probably don't even drink garri with all of those things and either get it from the farm or on credit. So the target to begin with is not the poor per say but middle to high class individuals who would appreciate clean packaging etc.

How will someone say a business can't thrive by targeting the poor that is just flawed logic!
That is why I said earlier I don't totally agree with the way he stated it, yet he still made some sense.

Unless other measures are taking, this business will never go beyond the level of SME.

Economic downturn could make it close down so easily.
Re: N50 Sachet Garri With Groundnut And Sugar Sold In Ogun State by campbelljosh(m): 12:52am On Aug 10, 2017
While 20 of your brothers from the East sleep in a single room in the ghetto. Yeye
alcmene:
That's the food Afonjas can afford for the meantime.

Passed through Ilaro, Ita-Ogbolu and other remote areas of Ondo state and had pity on those guys.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Man Sells 6,000 Dead Poultry Meat To Borno Residents (Photo) / High Cost Of Living: See The Mangoes I Bought For #500 / The Breakfast My 8 Years Old Daughter Prepared.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.