Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,449 members, 7,816,042 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 12:34 AM

Man Gives Neighbours ATM Details, Regrets As They Seize Card, Clear Account - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Man Gives Neighbours ATM Details, Regrets As They Seize Card, Clear Account (26498 Views)

Two Neighbours In Bloody Fight In Enugu During Lockdown / Toddler Falls From 6-storey Building, Gets Caught By Neighbours (video) / Man Gives Up His House To Appease A god After Raping Pregnant Lady (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Man Gives Neighbours ATM Details, Regrets As They Seize Card, Clear Account by Islie: 9:09pm On Aug 08, 2017
A man who gave his neighbours his ATM card and its PIN has accused them of theft and breach of trust.

The neighbours — 36- year - old Smart Iwu and his wife 25-year - old wife, Abigail, both of Rugan Maishayi Mararaba — had approached one Chris Okoro of the same address, pleading with him to lend them N10,000 to buy drugs for their sick baby.

Okoro said he gave them his ATM card and its security PIN to enable the couple make the withdrawal.

Trouble however came, a court was told, when Iwu and his wife conspired and withdrew N30,000, instead of the N10,000 they had asked to be loaned.

They also refused to return Okoro ’ s ATM card , it was alleged.

Consequently, Okoro reported the matter at the Aso Police Station , Nasarawa State, on August 4.

On Tuesday, Iwu and his wife were arraigned in a Mararaba Grade 1 Area Court, Aso Pada, for alleged conspiracy and cheating.

The defendants were arraigned on a three- count charge of conspiracy, breach of trust and cheating.

They both pleaded ‘not guilty’ to the charges.

The Prosecutor, Mr. Agabi Auta, told the court that during police investigation, the defendants made confessional statements and the ATM card was recovered from them.

Auta said the offences contravened sections 97, 312 and 322 of the Penal Code , which attracts five - year jail term with fine or both on conviction.

The judge, Mr . Albert Maga, however, granted the defendants bail in the sum of N100,000 each, with one surety each in like sum.

He adjourned the matter till August 22 for further hearing. (NAN )

http://punchng.com/man-gives-neighbours-atm-details-regrets-as-borrowers-seize-card-clears-account/

lalasticlala
Re: Man Gives Neighbours ATM Details, Regrets As They Seize Card, Clear Account by Evablizin(f): 9:12pm On Aug 08, 2017
shocked

In this Nigeria,in this recession that Mr Okoro gave his ATM to his neighbours,if you tell them to give you some time to go and withdraw the money what will happen?

Mr Okoro lemme clap for you,you are too much

111 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Man Gives Neighbours ATM Details, Regrets As They Seize Card, Clear Account by Seguntimmy(m): 9:16pm On Aug 08, 2017
trust human being at ur own risk

19 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Man Gives Neighbours ATM Details, Regrets As They Seize Card, Clear Account by Ahmed0336(m): 9:16pm On Aug 08, 2017
Some people self!! ! Na dem dey turn good people bad ungrateful husband and wife undecided

73 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Man Gives Neighbours ATM Details, Regrets As They Seize Card, Clear Account by mofeoluwadassah: 9:19pm On Aug 08, 2017
i dont blame them nw na the pesin wey no get sense wey carry atm card give them i blame

9 Likes

Re: Man Gives Neighbours ATM Details, Regrets As They Seize Card, Clear Account by Boland(m): 9:41pm On Aug 08, 2017
mofeoluwadassah:
i dont blame them nw na the pesin wey no get sense wey carry atm card give them i blame
Don't say that ma'am.

I wonder how messed up the heads of some people are.

What was going on in their minds? Did they think the owner of the ATM wouldn't know?

Well, there are lot of atrocities poverty can cause. It can turn the brain upside down.

70 Likes

Re: Man Gives Neighbours ATM Details, Regrets As They Seize Card, Clear Account by mofeoluwadassah: 9:48pm On Aug 08, 2017
Boland:
Don't say that ma'am.

I wonder how messed up the heads of some people are.

What was going on in their minds?

Well, there are a lot poverty can cause.
sorry to say,the man is not in his right sense,cant he jxt go 2 d bank himself and withdraw the money for them....whats the need for him 2 give them his atm card or he is trying to show off

7 Likes

Re: Man Gives Neighbours ATM Details, Regrets As They Seize Card, Clear Account by Boland(m): 9:55pm On Aug 08, 2017
mofeoluwadassah:
sorry to say,the man is not in his right sense,cant he jxt go 2 d bank himself and withdraw the money for them....whats the need for him 2 give them his atm card or is trying to show off
Well, you have a point.

I'm more concerned with the level of distrust this people would have caused.

14 Likes

Re: Man Gives Neighbours ATM Details, Regrets As They Seize Card, Clear Account by ninocia18(m): 10:02pm On Aug 08, 2017
Nawao. This one weak me.
Re: Man Gives Neighbours ATM Details, Regrets As They Seize Card, Clear Account by mofeoluwadassah: 10:03pm On Aug 08, 2017
Boland:
Well, you have a point.

I'm more concerned with the level of distrust this people would have caused.
theres nothing he can do about it again....only if they've not spend the money.i hope he learns from this sha
Re: Man Gives Neighbours ATM Details, Regrets As They Seize Card, Clear Account by bbbabes(f): 10:04pm On Aug 08, 2017
That's greed... Evil people

4 Likes

Re: Man Gives Neighbours ATM Details, Regrets As They Seize Card, Clear Account by Nobody: 10:05pm On Aug 08, 2017
mumu man dey claim good samaritan.
E get luck say d money for im account no pass 30k,if not...i rest my case grin
Some people just too mumu

Listen to my new song dedicated to all Nigerian rappers at

https://my.notjustok.com/track/download/id/233002/

Listen to my dope rap freestyle at
https://my.notjustok.com/track/download/id/24670/
Re: Man Gives Neighbours ATM Details, Regrets As They Seize Card, Clear Account by Blinkzvivi2020(f): 10:06pm On Aug 08, 2017
Evablizin:
shocked

In this Nigeria,in this recession that Mr Okoro gave his ATM to his neighbours,if you tell them to give you some time to go and withdraw the money what will happen?

Re: Man Gives Neighbours ATM Details, Regrets As They Seize Card, Clear Account by lonelydora: 10:06pm On Aug 08, 2017
Mr Okoro's mumu don do
Re: Man Gives Neighbours ATM Details, Regrets As They Seize Card, Clear Account by Blinkzvivi2020(f): 10:07pm On Aug 08, 2017
Evablizin:
shocked

na wa

1 Like

Re: Man Gives Neighbours ATM Details, Regrets As They Seize Card, Clear Account by cescky(m): 10:08pm On Aug 08, 2017
still some kind hearted peps out there, nice

but the wicked will always rear the ugly heads

its wickedness like these that are hindering nigeria...the problem of this nation is spritual, with ritualkillings, corruption, wichcraft..etc no matter the amount of money put in this nation nothing will move, until nigerians change, the problem with Nigeria is Nigerians

14 Likes

Re: Man Gives Neighbours ATM Details, Regrets As They Seize Card, Clear Account by Nobody: 10:09pm On Aug 08, 2017
Nigeria is in?
Re: Man Gives Neighbours ATM Details, Regrets As They Seize Card, Clear Account by Nobody: 10:11pm On Aug 08, 2017
Something ibkayee cannot do shocked

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Man Gives Neighbours ATM Details, Regrets As They Seize Card, Clear Account by Blinkzvivi2020(f): 10:11pm On Aug 08, 2017
[quote author=Evablizin post=59282975] shocked

Mr Okoro lemme clap for you,you are too much[/quot
Re: Man Gives Neighbours ATM Details, Regrets As They Seize Card, Clear Account by Blinkzvivi2020(f): 10:11pm On Aug 08, 2017
Nawao......
Re: Man Gives Neighbours ATM Details, Regrets As They Seize Card, Clear Account by Nobody: 10:12pm On Aug 08, 2017
lonelydora:
Mr Okoro's mumu don do
Dis one just dey start o

1 Like

Re: Man Gives Neighbours ATM Details, Regrets As They Seize Card, Clear Account by itiswellandwell: 10:13pm On Aug 08, 2017
Hmmmmm
Re: Man Gives Neighbours ATM Details, Regrets As They Seize Card, Clear Account by dtruth50: 10:15pm On Aug 08, 2017
wht has dis world turning to? u can't trust some1 in peace again? even though u need more dan dt y can't u let him know first or y can't u return his card n tel him dt u withdrawn more dan dt? bcs of 30,000 u ar now to pay another 100,000. whr ar dey goin to get d money from?

4 Likes

Re: Man Gives Neighbours ATM Details, Regrets As They Seize Card, Clear Account by ipobarecriminals: 10:16pm On Aug 08, 2017
cool sad wink cool shocked undecided sad strictly. PIGS and IDIOTS mata.*Spits on their flat-heads

3 Likes

Re: Man Gives Neighbours ATM Details, Regrets As They Seize Card, Clear Account by blessedvisky(m): 10:18pm On Aug 08, 2017
Pls where are they from
Re: Man Gives Neighbours ATM Details, Regrets As They Seize Card, Clear Account by sgtponzihater1(m): 10:19pm On Aug 08, 2017
grin I hope the couple didn't use the money to redeem their pledge on GHWWx, because if they did then the cash is far gone.

Shun Ponzi schemes, and again I say shun Ponzi schemes.

Sgt Ponzi Hater.

3 Likes

Re: Man Gives Neighbours ATM Details, Regrets As They Seize Card, Clear Account by lenghtinny(m): 10:19pm On Aug 08, 2017
Na the man name dey ginger am angry
Re: Man Gives Neighbours ATM Details, Regrets As They Seize Card, Clear Account by dominique(f): 10:20pm On Aug 08, 2017
Some people get mind o.

1 Like

Re: Man Gives Neighbours ATM Details, Regrets As They Seize Card, Clear Account by delishpot: 10:21pm On Aug 08, 2017
Helping people in Naija is becoming complicated.
Watch fellow thieves call the man names for helping people he thought were desperate to save the life of their daughter.

3 Likes

Re: Man Gives Neighbours ATM Details, Regrets As They Seize Card, Clear Account by Daboomb: 10:22pm On Aug 08, 2017
mofeoluwadassah:
theres nothing he can do about it again....only if they've not spend the money.i hope he learns from this sha

Dont worry, when they land five years jail term, you will see that there is a hell of a lot that can be done about it! undecided undecided

Already, for criminals begging for #10,000, asking them to provide surety in the sum of #100,000 each, is an automatic remand in prison custody, till the day of next hearing when they will bag their full five year "holiday" in Kudje Prison grin grin

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

"Policemen Beat Me In Abuja, Seized My Car, My Money Got Missing" - Man Narrates / Miscreants Go On Rampage In Mushin, Set Buildings On Fire / Lagos Police Officer Leads Gang To Rob Delta Firm Of N30m

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.