Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,337 members, 7,819,180 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 12:21 PM

How To Reduce Unemployment In IMO State And Nigeria - An Opinion - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / How To Reduce Unemployment In IMO State And Nigeria - An Opinion (593 Views)

Tech Innovations That Can Help Tackle Youth Unemployment In Nigeria / 10 Ways To Reduce Unemployment In Nigeria / Unemployment - Why A Fool Is Always Successful In Job Hunting Than A Wise Man (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

How To Reduce Unemployment In IMO State And Nigeria - An Opinion by cuvox(m): 6:30am On Aug 09, 2017
My friend on facebook Canice Dim just gave his opinion on how to reduce unemployment. Read and be blessed

HOW TO END UN-EMPLOYMENT IN IMO STATE IN PARTICULAR,
AND NIGERIA IN GENERAL.
By Canice Dim.

The rate of un-employment in NIGERIA is assuming a killer rate and it makes me sad that the government both at state and federal level have not been doing much about it.

In the spirit of patriotism, I am inspired to proffer A TWO-WAY SOLUTION to unemployment in the country today, if only this would make sense to those in authority.

1.) ENACT A POLICY FOR REGISTRATION OF BUSINESSES NOT TO TAKE MORE THAN 24 HOURS:
If businesses (factories and industries) take just one day to be registered in Nigeria, the entrepreneur will have little to worry about in this regards. This will give those hard working Nigerians whose projects will lead to massive employment of workers, to focus on more productive areas of their business.

The reality today is massive bottle-necks involved in registration of businesses which tend to drag up to 6 months and sometimes a year.

This has made many people who are privy to how things work in that regards, to bank their money instead of taking the suicidal risk of establishing something that would have done the country so much good.

When these people refuse to establish businesses, there won't be anybody to employ our youths, hence the unemployment subsists.

2.) ENACT A LAW WHICH GIVES ONE-YEAR TAX HOLIDAY TO NEW BUSINESSES IN NIGERIA.
This law when enacted will encourage an influx of investments into IMO state in particular, and NIGERIA in general.

A friend once narrated to me his ordeal with the tax office when he set up a polythene bag factory.
According to him, in his first three (3) months of operation, his profits had gone into settling the local government tax and that of the state.

His 4 workers were left stranded without wages because he couldn't raise money to pay them.

He made one striking statement which made me sad;
HE SAID THAT THE TAX AGENTS WERE DESCENDING ON HIM AS IF THEY WERE UNHAPPY TO SEE THAT HE NOW HAS A FACTORY.
After 6 months of operation, he had to fold up.

Sad!
Now, imagine if this law was already in operation when this my friend was running his factory.
We all know how difficult it is to start a business worldwide, so enacting this TAX HOLIDAY LAW for new businesses would be a way the government would be supporting businesses and thereby record a high Internally Generated Revenue, in the long run, and ultimately

If only the Federal and state governments can embrace these two steps and implement them in both National and state assemblies,

I am confident that the next five (5) years would be bright for this country.

As Governor Rochas Okorocha once said, True leaders think about the next generation instead of the next election.

Therefore, these policies target the coming generation since it's dividends is highly futuristic, and true leaders should not mind if they didn't reap from it at present.
There is no more any excuse as to what to do to fight un-employment in Nigeria.

BEHOLD THE FAST SOLUTION, NIGERIA.
True leaders don't go to China and Turkey searching for investors...
True leaders don't beg foreigners to come and build factories in their lands,
True leaders make juicy policies like this one here, which would attract investors both home and abroad to scamper for space in his land in order to invest and make money.

The question is;
Do We Have True Leaders?
THIS IS A CHALLENGE.

In addition
3.) Constant or Reasonable Power Supply. Because without power supply, it's almost impossible for small businesses to grow.

CC seun, Lalasticlala

https://mobile.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=1395944750442831&id=100000819577243&refid=7&ref=opera_speed_dial&_ft_=qid.6452138489107349835%3Amf_story_key.3930743232995233264%3Atop_level_post_id.1395944750442831&__tn__=%2As-R
Re: How To Reduce Unemployment In IMO State And Nigeria - An Opinion by ussy09(m): 7:06am On Aug 09, 2017
I concur.
Re: How To Reduce Unemployment In IMO State And Nigeria - An Opinion by maxwell767(m): 7:59am On Aug 09, 2017
One year tax holiday..... shocked shocked shocked shocked

(1) (Reply)

What will you do as a career for life / Apply Now For Global Career Company Recruitment / Vacacy For Country Security Manager In Lagos, Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.