Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,748 members, 7,809,866 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 04:16 PM

" We Are The World"-- Michael Jackson **remake** (covers) - Music/Radio - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / " We Are The World"-- Michael Jackson **remake** (covers) (5003 Views)

2pac Or Michael Jackson: Who Would You Want Back Alive? / Dj Vetkuk Vs Mahoota Ft. Dr. Malinga – Via Orlando Remake (uhuru Mix) / Wack As Hell Hip Hop Album Covers. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

" We Are The World"-- Michael Jackson **remake** (covers) by THEAMAKA(f): 9:47am On Feb 13, 2010
which remake do you prefer?
I'm totally in love with this one!!!!! kiss kiss kiss

Tyler Ward and Crew - We Are The World (acoustic cover)

[flash=425,344]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=if85w3kVcjo[/flash]

or this one (which i believe is an insult to the legendary song)
2010 Haiti Remake - We Are The World

[flash=425,344]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Glny4jSciVI[/flash]

you be the judge.   wink
Re: " We Are The World"-- Michael Jackson **remake** (covers) by riversman: 9:53am On Feb 13, 2010
chale!!! why did do a remake of the legendary we are the world, i am soo pissed at Uncle quincey, whack idea

from justin bieber to miley cyrus to that jail rat lil wayne, lawd its a hawt dang mess, saw it on NBC and i was screaming in disgust, yeesh
Re: " We Are The World"-- Michael Jackson **remake** (covers) by THEAMAKA(f): 9:58am On Feb 13, 2010
riversman:

chale!!! why did do a remake of the legendary we are the world, i am soo pissed at Uncle quincey, whack idea

from justin bieber to miley cyrus to that jail rat lil wayne, lawd its a hawt dang mess, saw it on NBC and i was screaming in disgust, yeesh
for once i agree with you.
LMFAO!!!! the exact exact same thing i was thinking.
i was so pissed off.
akon (can't sing for shizz)kanye, lil wayne, miley cyrus, jonas brothers, t pain? THEY EVEN HAD THE NERVE TO USE AUTO TUNE!!!
LL Cool J rapping, what the hell?
if they were gonna do that, they should have as well invited Flavor Flav to "sing" rubbish!
angry
Re: " We Are The World"-- Michael Jackson **remake** (covers) by Nobody: 10:02am On Feb 13, 2010
oh my, honey, thanks for posting the second video, lovely.

Jennifer, Pink and Dion had powerful voices. kiss

Damn, Kelly blowed up, gained so much weight cry cry cry

Lil Wayne suxxed wtf? haha

Justin Bier and Miley were okay, great opportunity for young minds, very much impressed.

I didnt like the first video, na only white faces, wetin happen to diversity?
Re: " We Are The World"-- Michael Jackson **remake** (covers) by THEAMAKA(f): 10:03am On Feb 13, 2010
the first group of people aren't famous, they just banded together and decided to do a cover.
i love it.
second one--100% CRAP!!!
i can't believe it.
undecided embarassed angry
Re: " We Are The World"-- Michael Jackson **remake** (covers) by Nobody: 10:05am On Feb 13, 2010
OMGGGGGGG is that Lionel Richie?

My hubby don old ooooo

THE AMAKA:

the first group of people aren't famous, they just banded together and decided to do a cover.
i love it.
second one--100% CRAP!!!
i can't believe it.
undecided embarassed angry
Ok good for them. They sounded great, but . . . .Not really the diversity that represents the children of the world
Re: " We Are The World"-- Michael Jackson **remake** (covers) by Nobody: 10:11am On Feb 13, 2010
shocked shocked shocked shocked

rotfl, just watched the whole thing.

WTF? did they actually add rap? shocked shocked shocked

Horrible, horrendous!!
Re: " We Are The World"-- Michael Jackson **remake** (covers) by riversman: 11:17am On Feb 13, 2010
the white kids in 1st video are really gud, i wish they were added along side famous teen/kids with better voices, keke palmer, lavato,etc and not media hugging rats like cyrus,

MJ is not happy, and y couldnt janet make it to the studio for a live recording, formin DIVA huh

I am happy the mic was controlled by mostly black artists with strong voices, mary mary, Jenifa hudson, Aunty Toni Braxton, pink was a mess, why was vince vaughn there? wulda been happier if Angelina Jolie was there

Where was my fav aunty, Beyawnce, hahahhahha, bitch is pissed she wasnt there, lol
Re: " We Are The World"-- Michael Jackson **remake** (covers) by semid4lyfe(m): 1:36pm On Feb 13, 2010
Riversman, abeg which öne amongst them is your [in]famous a^nt?
Re: " We Are The World"-- Michael Jackson **remake** (covers) by eldee(m): 9:50pm On Feb 13, 2010
I don't know why the quality of vocal chords or talent should be taken into consideration in a song that's all about unity in giving.

In the second video, I see artistes of different genres, not caring about the differences in their vocal abilities, artistry and status uniting to give all they can.
Who ever thought sumn could unite Celine Dion and Lil Wayne?? Carlos Santana and Miley Cyrus??
According to Kanye West . . . 'everyday citizens, everybody pitching in'.
This is what Michael woulda wanted. . . Hiphop, Soul, Disney, Pop, Country, RnB, Rock, Gospel, Rock n' Roll . . . name it.

I'm downloading already just to lend a hand.
Re: " We Are The World"-- Michael Jackson **remake** (covers) by riversman: 1:15am On Feb 14, 2010
@semid4lyfe - leave my aunt outta this, lol, she is not based in LA, thot i already established that, she is in Gidi, but she shuttls around the place, she is with AP lagos/abuja. grin
Re: " We Are The World"-- Michael Jackson **remake** (covers) by CHAIRMAN1(m): 1:25am On Feb 14, 2010
The Amaka u must be crazy!
What can you do yourself? Everytime you hide behind a computer in warri and write rubbish on nairaland!
To all of you that supported the Amaka, go get a life! Stop practising cowardice. That'was a very good remake, though you cant compare it with the original.
I'll rate it 90% wrt the original.
Re: " We Are The World"-- Michael Jackson **remake** (covers) by selencious(f): 1:27am On Feb 14, 2010
4Haiti.saw it 2. I def love this. Lil wayne and Akon, ma men. I loved the rap, evrything. Big Ups!
Re: " We Are The World"-- Michael Jackson **remake** (covers) by riversman: 1:30am On Feb 14, 2010
hey u Chairman1 one, u go get a life, THE AMAKA was right,

d celeb version is sooooo whack, go and check out the music blogs getting wild, professional music critics are very upset right now, get a life!!! the song is not inspiring at all.
Re: " We Are The World"-- Michael Jackson **remake** (covers) by selencious(f): 1:39am On Feb 14, 2010
Why are some people so pessimistic? The Celeb version is DA bomb.
Re: " We Are The World"-- Michael Jackson **remake** (covers) by riversman: 1:48am On Feb 14, 2010
are u kidding? will MJ be happy with wat they did? pls tell me

Vince vaughn doesnt care for Haiti just for the camera's, MJ selected who attended the taping back in 1985 so it wasnt just about any and evri celeb out, why didnt he choose Madonna, she was a big star back then, he carefully selected folks dat could sing/ those with star power
Re: " We Are The World"-- Michael Jackson **remake** (covers) by selencious(f): 1:52am On Feb 14, 2010
But, MJ ain here anymore; he can't make decision, and you can't talk for him either, cos you not him, Anyways, we not all the same. You might love what I hate;vice versa. We all just giving our opinions.
Re: " We Are The World"-- Michael Jackson **remake** (covers) by THEAMAKA(f): 2:04am On Feb 14, 2010
CHAIRMAN1:

The Amaka u must be crazy!
What can you do yourself? Everytime you hide behind a computer in warri and write rubbish on nairaland!
To all of you that supported the Amaka, go get a life! Stop practising cowardice. That'was a very good remake, though you cant compare it with the original.
I'll rate it 90% wrt the original.
you make me laugh!!! so people aren't allowed to have opinions anymore?
i can as well say you are a "hater" for not agreeing with me.
stop acting like a baby that has just pooped in their pants, and get over it.
IT'S WHACK!!! *my opinion* oya, DIE!
how about you get a life and stop dying over another person's opinion.
go and read most of the comments on the reviews of that remake and you will be surprised on how many people disagree with you.
i guess we are ALL COWARDS!!!
Re: " We Are The World"-- Michael Jackson **remake** (covers) by eldee(m): 2:30am On Feb 14, 2010
riversman:

are u kidding? will MJ be happy with wat they did? pls tell me

Vince vaughn doesnt care for Haiti just for the camera's, MJ selected who attended the taping back in 1985 so it wasnt just about any and evri celeb out, why didnt he choose Madonna, she was a big star back then, he carefully selected folks dat could sing/ those with star power
What's wrong with using all the 'star power' we can get??
Of what use is this star power if it cannot help the people the original song was written for . . . the needy??

MJ didn't care about who could sing or who couldn't sing what note.
All he wanted was for people to come together to support Africa. . . that version was a portrayal of the music scene in 1985.
Every genre standing up and offering a helping hand. . . musicians forgetting their ego and singing from the heart.

Wyclef's emotion on the song was next to none . . . this is the same guy that was in Haiti digging out bodies about two weeks ago.
80 artists, each of them pitching in what they could. . . helping out, can't you guys just be thoughtful for once??
Re: " We Are The World"-- Michael Jackson **remake** (covers) by Nobody: 2:35am On Feb 14, 2010
eldee:

Wyclef's emotion on the song was next to none . . . this is the same guy that was in Haiti digging out bodies about two weeks ago.
80 artists, each of them pitching in what they could. . . helping out, can't you guys just be thoughtful for once??
Dude was annoying irritating. . . .
Re: " We Are The World"-- Michael Jackson **remake** (covers) by chiogo(f): 2:38am On Feb 14, 2010
FL Gators:

lmao!!! No comment on that. lipsrsealed

The two videos are good but I found the second one more interesting. I just liked the energy and diversity better. cool
Re: " We Are The World"-- Michael Jackson **remake** (covers) by bluespice(f): 2:41am On Feb 14, 2010
we need to remember the dood is from there and has always been a 'lone voice in the desert' for haiti before the disaster
if such a thing were to happen in nigeria and we had one singer from there who 2 weeks before the recording of the song was helping to pull out dead bodies of fellow nigerians, i do so believe the emotions will overflow.
Re: " We Are The World"-- Michael Jackson **remake** (covers) by THEAMAKA(f): 2:45am On Feb 14, 2010
lol
my sister and i were watching the video together and when wyclef's part came on we busted out laughing!!!
HAHAHA, that part was too funny.
grin
Re: " We Are The World"-- Michael Jackson **remake** (covers) by CHAIRMAN1(m): 2:03pm On Feb 14, 2010
THE AMAKA:

you make me laugh!!! so people aren't allowed to have opinions anymore?
i can as well say you are a "hater" for not agreeing with me.
stop acting like a baby that has just pooped in their pants, and get over it.
IT'S WHACK!!! *my opinion* oya, DIE!
how about you get a life and stop dying over another person's opinion.
go and read most of the comments on the reviews of that remake and you will be surprised on how many people disagree with you.
i guess we are ALL COWARDS!!!

If i'm poopin in pants, then i guess u must be seeing your period wink
I repeat, the remake is equally a very nice song.
When the original came out, a lot of people criticized it too.
The easiest hobby on this earth is CRITICIZING. It's more difficult to do it constructively.
Go get a life Amaka!
Anyway your name is sexy, can we meet? what's your phone no again? grin
Re: " We Are The World"-- Michael Jackson **remake** (covers) by THEAMAKA(f): 3:38pm On Feb 14, 2010
CHAIRMAN1:

If i'm poopin in pants, then i guess u must be seeing your period wink
I repeat, the remake is equally a very nice song.
When the original came out, a lot of people criticized it too.
The easiest hobby on this earth is CRITICIZING. It's more difficult to do it constructively.
Go get a life Amaka!
no, i had my period last week, nice try.
but anyway. . . you need to know that it's your OWN OPINION!!! got it? you can say its equally as blah blah, okay that's how you feel. others don't feel the same way.
no one is criticizing, I JUST DON'T LIKE IT!!! gosh, is your brain blocked or something?

phone number again? do i know you?
maybe that will happen when bigs fly and elephants start speaking english.
rubbish.
Re: " We Are The World"-- Michael Jackson **remake** (covers) by eldee(m): 3:46pm On Feb 14, 2010
FL Gators:

I'd go with emotional and heartfelt empathy.
chiogo:

lmao!!! No comment on that. lipsrsealed

The two videos are good but I found the second one more interesting. I just liked the energy and diversity better. cool

I know . . . the first one was just a song, the second was a plea.
Re: " We Are The World"-- Michael Jackson **remake** (covers) by Genuflect(m): 3:56pm On Feb 14, 2010
Lmao. This CHAIRMAN1 is just crazy. You bash a broad then you ask for her number, Classic. Lol
Re: " We Are The World"-- Michael Jackson **remake** (covers) by eldee(m): 3:59pm On Feb 14, 2010
Genuflect:

Lmao. This CHAIRMAN1 is just crazy. You bash a broad then you ask for her number, Classic. Lol

That's how to do it man . . . wasting compliments is so old.
There are two types of girls in this world, those that are attracted to you and those that aren't.

Saying 'you look nice today' has little or no effect on what happens. grin grin
Re: " We Are The World"-- Michael Jackson **remake** (covers) by Genuflect(m): 4:14pm On Feb 14, 2010
Lol. Eldee, I wasn't being sarcastic. I actually felt the scope. Of course, flattering girls are so 90's, at least where I'm from sha
Re: " We Are The World"-- Michael Jackson **remake** (covers) by eldee(m): 4:54pm On Feb 14, 2010
Genuflect:

Lol. Eldee, I wasn't being sarcastic. I actually felt the scope. Of course, flattering girls are so 90's, at least where I'm from sha

Hehehe . . . it's going to take a decade for Nigerian chics to understand that.
Till then, Angolan, Hispanic, Brit chics all the way grin grin
Re: " We Are The World"-- Michael Jackson **remake** (covers) by mystikal(m): 8:39pm On Feb 14, 2010
It'll be illogical to compare the remake with the original version as they are songs made 4 a Charitable cause. The new one is trying to appeal to all types of audiences. Jonas brothers fans and miley cyrus' fans and Weezy's fans will buy it because their fave artist is in it, which ultimately helps the cause.

However, spite its diversity, the critic in me still thinks the original still floors the new version. I think Hudson, Pink, Streisand, Blige, usher, Kanye, Josh Groban, Celine Dion (Lauper's original verse was a tough one) amongst others were brilliant. And whoever said there were not enough black faces in the original, U sure? And yeah, Clef was scary.

I still think a brand new song would have been better.

Great effort, but if i want to listen to "we are the world', I know the one I'll listen to
Re: " We Are The World"-- Michael Jackson **remake** (covers) by semid4lyfe(m): 8:44pm On Feb 14, 2010
Lol, reminds me of primary school & junior sec where if u like a chick. . .u snatch her pencil or whatever, make a dash for it and she chases you all over the place. . . .when she catches up with u eventually, she'll pinch your face or slap you playfully (with all smiles). . .na so e still be!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Music: Phyno – Man Of The Year (obago) / Mtv Released The Top 25 Rappers List / Please Listen To My Music And Rate(please)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.