Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,334 members, 7,811,975 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 03:33 AM

Lessons For Every Entrepreneur From An Entrepreneurship Hang-out - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Lessons For Every Entrepreneur From An Entrepreneurship Hang-out (383 Views)

21 Lessons For The 21st Century - Yuval Noah Harari / True Life Story Of An Artiste Manager(lessons For All Aspiring Talent Managers) / Lessons For Every Entrepreneur From An Entrepreneurship Hang-out (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Lessons For Every Entrepreneur From An Entrepreneurship Hang-out by kingDien: 9:36am On Aug 09, 2017
I did a post about lessons i learnt from a hang-out with great some great entrepreneurs. I learnt alot from them, here is a summary of the post.

I was at an entrepreneur’s hangout the other day. It was a very interactive section. Our coach, Akinwunmi Akinola was talking about generating and developing grand ideas. At some point the meeting became excitingly heated. We were all dishing out factors that hinders business start-ups, especially in Nigeria. We had people giving hindrances and those dropping solutions. I was mind blown with the passion I saw. Here are some lessons I got from the 2 hours hangout.

you need passion to succed
I was at an entrepreneur’s hangout the other day. It was a very interactive section. Our coach, Akinwunmi Akinola was talking about generating and developing grand ideas. At some point the meeting became excitingly heated. We were all dishing out factors that hinders business start-ups, especially in Nigeria. We had people giving hindrances and those dropping solutions. I was mind blown with the passion I saw. Here are some lessons I got from the 2 hours hangout.

Experience comes with the journey
In the post I shared a story from the coach's past and how he will do things differently now. do well to visit my blog and see the full post on http://www.kingdien.com/leasons-entrepreneur-hang/.

letting go of part of your start-up for funding isn't a bad thing
Sometimes, the surest way of getting the funding is letting go of a part of your start-up. But look properly into any paper before signing. You should get legal advice.

collaboration is key
But today, especially in Africa, entrepreneurs are not comfortable collaborating. To go far as an entrepreneur, you need to share risks, share experience, share responsibilities and expenditures.
Truth is, trust is rear in today’s world. Entrepreneurs are scared to collaborate because of obvious reasons. Ideas have been stolen, people have been pushed out of their business, even a mentor of mine, Steve Jobs was pushed out of his company. You need to collaborate but intelligently.

you need a bussines network
do read the full article and learn the lessons i learnt from this gurus
http://www.kingdien.com/leasons-entrepreneur-hang/

(1) (Reply)

Mods Take Note / If You Find It Difficult To Write Better, One Of These May Be The Reason / Dairy Of Solito

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.