Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,456 members, 7,816,061 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 01:38 AM

Mystery- Caribbean Village Where Little Girls Turn Into BOYS And Grow joysticks - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Mystery- Caribbean Village Where Little Girls Turn Into BOYS And Grow joysticks (535 Views)

Patient Dies Of Bubonic Plague In China, An Entire Village Sealed Off / Isolated Caribbean Village Where Little Girls To Turn Into Boys / The Astonishing Village Where Little Girls Turn Into Boys Aged 12 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Mystery- Caribbean Village Where Little Girls Turn Into BOYS And Grow joysticks by toniaprince: 3:56pm On Aug 09, 2017
In this isolated Carribean village of Salinas, Dominican Republic a rare genetic disorder turn girls into boys and they grow penis as they hit puberty.

Study says at least one in 90 children born in Salinas in the Dominican Republic make the transition by the time they reach 12.

This phenomenon is no longer considered abnormal and the children with this condition are refered as ‘guevedoces’ literally translates as ‘penis at 12’

According to one girl 'I went to school and I used to wear my skirt. I never liked to dress as a girl.

'When they bought me girls toys I never bothered playing with them. All I wanted to do was play with the boys.'

The rare genetic disorder is caused by a missing enzyme which prevents the production of a type of male sex hormone dihydro-testosterone in the womb.

All babies in the womb, whether male or female, have internal glands known as gonads and a small bump between their legs called a tubercle.

At around eight weeks old, male babies who carry the Y chromosome start to produce dihydro-testosterone in large amounts - this turns the tubercle into a penis. For females, it becomes a clitoris.

The children, known as pseudohermaphrodite, will be explored in BBC2 series Countdown to Life - the Extraordinary Making of You. Monday September 21 on BBC2 at 9pm.

http://wendyprinceblog.com/2017/08/07/mystery-caribbea…they-hit-puberty/

Re: Mystery- Caribbean Village Where Little Girls Turn Into BOYS And Grow joysticks by Angelparadise: 4:05pm On Aug 09, 2017
lol!
Re: Mystery- Caribbean Village Where Little Girls Turn Into BOYS And Grow joysticks by Sparkies(m): 4:09pm On Aug 09, 2017
Seems like it's from there bobrisky hails from.
Make we no blame am, no b him fault.
Re: Mystery- Caribbean Village Where Little Girls Turn Into BOYS And Grow joysticks by fernandez1(m): 4:50pm On Aug 09, 2017
Orisirisi awon Eyan bobrisk
Re: Mystery- Caribbean Village Where Little Girls Turn Into BOYS And Grow joysticks by Nobody: 5:51pm On Aug 09, 2017
If this is true then there's more to life than we may ever know.

My 3 questions:

-> how come we never heard of it until know?
->is it the viginal that later changed to penis?
->if its true then transgender has a point

(1) (Reply)

Hale And Hearty Disease / I Need A Traditional Mental Home For A Mentally Sick Relative / All You Need To Know About The Monkeypox Disease.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.