Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,605 members, 7,812,983 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 01:15 AM

Can Anyone Please Solve This Physics Question - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Can Anyone Please Solve This Physics Question (859 Views)

School Na Scam, When They Never Had The Education! Please Solve This (mr Shape) / Please Help Solving This Physics Question ???? / Am Confused With The English Used In This Physics Practical. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Can Anyone Please Solve This Physics Question by mayorkun(m): 9:19pm On Aug 09, 2017
A man can roll at 6kmhr-1 in still water and wants to cross a river to a position exactly opposite his starting point. If the river is 5km wide and is flowing at 4kmhr-1 eastwards. find by scale drawing or otherwise the direction in which he must set off in order to accomplish his objective. How long will it take to cross the river .

My sister brought this home as assignment

Lalasticla
Seun
Please front page I need to give her the answer tomorrow
Re: Can Anyone Please Solve This Physics Question by mayorkun(m): 9:27pm On Aug 09, 2017
1. A man can roll at 6kmhr-1 in still water and wants to cross a river to a position exactly opposite his starting point. If the river is 5km wide and is flowing at 4kmhr-1 eastwards. find by scale drawing or otherwise the direction in which he must set off in order to accomplish his objective. How long will it take to cross the river .

My sister brought this home as assignment

Lalasticla
Seun
olawalebabs
Richiez
Fynestboi

Please front page I need to give her the answer tomorrow
Re: Can Anyone Please Solve This Physics Question by Nobody: 10:16pm On Aug 09, 2017
tel ha d question is nt correct....ftc
Re: Can Anyone Please Solve This Physics Question by LaiveNg: 10:19pm On Aug 09, 2017
The water was still and at the same time flowing at a certain velocity? This is equivocal na. However, this question is basically about Distance-Time graphs, but it's somewhat tough. Let me try something.
Re: Can Anyone Please Solve This Physics Question by Nobody: 12:02am On Aug 10, 2017
Using parallelogram law of vector. The relative velocity of the man to the river can be calculatednusing pythagoras theorem.

√(6^2 + 4^2)= 7.2kmhr-1
While the direction is given as tan-1 6/4 = 56.3 degree

The time taken woukd be= distance of the river 5km/ relative speed of the man to the river which is 7.2kmhr-1=

0.694 hours

I stand to be corrected though.

(1) (Reply)

I Need Help From Nigerian's In Newfoundland Canada / ABU Zaria Post Utme Result 2017/2018 / Aaua 7th Convocation Ceremony Schedule

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.