Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,782 members, 7,831,519 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 08:07 PM

I Need Help Converting My Samsung Phone To A Modem - Computers - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / I Need Help Converting My Samsung Phone To A Modem (1637 Views)

How To Use Your Blackberry As A Modem To Browse The Internet / How Can I Configure My Pc To Browse Using Phone As A Modem / Converting .cdr Files To .jpeg Format (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Need Help Converting My Samsung Phone To A Modem by yusuf01(m): 4:57pm On Feb 13, 2010
Hi Nlanders,
I need help in converting my samsung s8300 to a modem, I am using an MTN line, and all I get are some error messages. Anybody with info should please help. All contributions will be highly regarded.
Re: I Need Help Converting My Samsung Phone To A Modem by dani1luv: 5:09pm On Feb 13, 2010
[size=15pt]I dont think its necessary . .Why dont you buy a modem instead of converting[/size]
Re: I Need Help Converting My Samsung Phone To A Modem by yusuf01(m): 5:20pm On Feb 13, 2010
Thought about buying a modem, but I just thought that what is the need for doing that when my 3g+ phone can act as a modem. But anyway, if there is no solution, then I think I just have to buy a modem. Thanks anyways.
Re: I Need Help Converting My Samsung Phone To A Modem by dani1luv: 5:24pm On Feb 13, 2010
yusuf01:

Thought about buying a modem, but I just thought that what is the need for doing that when my 3g+ phone can act as a modem. But anyway, if there is no solution, then I think I just have to buy a modem. Thanks anyways.
[size=15pt]Pls dont misquote me cheesy , . I didnt say its not possible. . I was just advising to buy a modem instead of converting. . [/size]
Re: I Need Help Converting My Samsung Phone To A Modem by yusuf01(m): 5:42pm On Feb 13, 2010
no hard feelings, thanks anyways.
Anyone who can help should please do, all comments will be appreciated.
Re: I Need Help Converting My Samsung Phone To A Modem by icconium(m): 10:48pm On Feb 13, 2010
Hello wot u nid is a pc suite go to samsung website and get it. explore guy
Re: I Need Help Converting My Samsung Phone To A Modem by yusuf01(m): 1:50pm On Feb 14, 2010
of course I have a samsung pc suite, the problem is, unlike nokia, it doesn't have nigeria in its country droplist not to talk of MTN nigeria on its network droplist. so I have to input some info (like APN and the likes) manually, even at that, it still give some error mesages.
Re: I Need Help Converting My Samsung Phone To A Modem by icconium(m): 4:40pm On Feb 14, 2010
Guy u nid to first of make sure that ur fone is connected to ur system grin first which means that u nid to have the right divers in place to drive your fone . Go and download the latest pc suite for ur fone and latest driver cheesy. download all the softwares attached to ur fone on the samsung website particularly the usb driver , internet manager etc .Explore, the world is yours take it. shocked shocked
Re: I Need Help Converting My Samsung Phone To A Modem by yusuf01(m): 5:06pm On Feb 14, 2010
Thnks, I do that as soon as possible and tell u how far. Thnks once again
Re: I Need Help Converting My Samsung Phone To A Modem by mavtrevor(m): 10:16pm On Feb 14, 2010
I had such problems with my samsung A707 sync for sometime before i was able to fix it. Instead of dialling *99# try *99***3# the 3 or any other number you chose corresponding to your Mtn configuration in your network profile of your phone.
Re: I Need Help Converting My Samsung Phone To A Modem by MrCrackles(m): 10:19pm On Feb 14, 2010
Poster
Why dont you convert it to a rice cooker?!!
Re: I Need Help Converting My Samsung Phone To A Modem by yusuf01(m): 11:11pm On Feb 14, 2010
thnks 2 all u guys dat tried 2 have ma problem solved, I can now use ma fone as a modem. Peace.

(1) (Reply)

AYServices - MTN, AIRTEL, ETISALAT CHEAP SME DATA!!! / Good Condition Acer Aspire 5742 At 40K. Contact 07038284899 / Spss Software Free Download Linmks

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.