Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,798 members, 7,820,795 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 09:51 PM

2017 Grand Cherokee Brain Box Needed Asap. - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / 2017 Grand Cherokee Brain Box Needed Asap. (1316 Views)

My Toyota Corolla's Brain Box Has Been Stolen! / Photos Of The 2020 Jeep Grand Cherokee / Price For Honda Baby Gear Box Needed With Contact Details??? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

2017 Grand Cherokee Brain Box Needed Asap. by saintjoel(m): 8:41am On Aug 10, 2017
A client needs a competent Lagos based mechanic that can help purchase and fix a brain box for his 2017 GRAND CHEROKEE and also help get one as spare. The SUV is in Benin but will be moved down to Lagos immediately we any update because he wants it fixed in Lagos for reasons best known to him.

Please note, any technician that has interest must be able to fix it too and we need the items urgently,thanks.

Attn : Gazzuzz
Attn : Sultaan
Attn : EgunMogaji
Attn : AutojoshNG

Re: 2017 Grand Cherokee Brain Box Needed Asap. by princetom1(m): 11:52am On Aug 10, 2017
cc: carparts, mayor2013, Honmusa,
Re: 2017 Grand Cherokee Brain Box Needed Asap. by saintjoel(m): 1:27pm On Aug 10, 2017
princetom1:
cc: carparts, mayor2013, Honmusa,

Thanks..
Re: 2017 Grand Cherokee Brain Box Needed Asap. by mayor2013: 2:24pm On Aug 10, 2017
CAR is currently in Benin right? What exactly is wrong with the car. Let's work with facts here before embarking on a journey to the promise land tongue
Re: 2017 Grand Cherokee Brain Box Needed Asap. by saintjoel(m): 3:15pm On Aug 10, 2017
mayor2013:
CAR is currently in Benin right? What exactly is wrong with the car. Let's work with facts here before embarking on a journey to the promise land tongue

the brain box that came with it has been destroyed and he needs a new one plus one as spare.
Re: 2017 Grand Cherokee Brain Box Needed Asap. by mayor2013: 4:48pm On Aug 10, 2017
saintjoel:

the brain box that came with it has been destroyed and he needs a new one plus one as spare.

I see. Provide me the VIN of this ride
Re: 2017 Grand Cherokee Brain Box Needed Asap. by sultaan(m): 4:58pm On Aug 10, 2017
I still can't phantom how ECU destroyed in Africa but you may need to call a dealer for that one and give them the right information or call Chrysler customer service since it is still under warranty.

Truck barely touch the ground and it is being molested. The ecu should be OK but since the molester says it is bad it will be a very expensive lesson for the owner.

You can't tow a 4 WD truck you have to put it on a bed
Re: 2017 Grand Cherokee Brain Box Needed Asap. by Nobody: 5:19pm On Aug 10, 2017
sultaan:

Truck barely touch the ground and it is being molested. The ecu should be OK but since the molester says it is bad it will be a very expensive lesson for the owner.

Sometimes I just wonder if u reason at all before typing. So because ECU on a 2017 car got damaged then it means it was molested? What if it was trapped in flood u will still say 'a very big lesson for the owner'?

Below is a video of someone that bought a brand new 2017 Mercedes Benz C63 AMG 2 months ago and he has already had 2 very expensive repairs. First the rear differential was replaced because he required differential fluid changed after 2,000 miles and the dealership put a wrong fluid which affected the rear differential, took it back and they discovered their mistake, they had to install a brand new rear differential. If that happened in Nigeria u are going to blame the owner.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R2Uua8F1cYw

Then a few weeks after he got his car back from the dealership he was driving in the rain, just normal rain not storm, no flood.. and suddenly car stopped working. Toweed to the dalership an they found out the intake had sucked water into the engine and now a brand new engine would have to be installed. Apparently the car will have to be shipped to Germany from the US to get an engine swap since they don't make AMG engines in the USA. Now if that was Nigeria u will blame the owner. wtf? Brand new cars also get isues sometimes.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UKaKeEizu5I

2 expensive repairs on a 2 month old Mercedez benz, transmission and engine already replaced.

1 Like

Re: 2017 Grand Cherokee Brain Box Needed Asap. by saintjoel(m): 7:53pm On Aug 10, 2017
mayor2013:

I see. Provide me the VIN of this ride

Will give you immediately I have it.
Re: 2017 Grand Cherokee Brain Box Needed Asap. by saintjoel(m): 8:21pm On Aug 10, 2017
sultaan:
I still can't phantom how ECU destroyed in Africa but you may need to call a dealer for that one and give them the right information or call Chrysler customer service since it is still under warranty.

You can't tow a 4 WD truck you have to put it on a bed

Thanks bro
Re: 2017 Grand Cherokee Brain Box Needed Asap. by sultaan(m): 10:00pm On Aug 10, 2017
A 2017 shows up in Cotonou with bad ECU, does that mean the owner paid for a flooded car from abroad now we are looking for ECU in Africa?

How does the the scenario explain why my reasoning is off on a 2017 truck. Those new cars require a different means of diagnosis in terms of knowledge and equipment
Re: 2017 Grand Cherokee Brain Box Needed Asap. by mayor2013: 10:20pm On Aug 10, 2017
Also send me part number for the ecu. You could send via what's app
Re: 2017 Grand Cherokee Brain Box Needed Asap. by Nobody: 4:39am On Aug 11, 2017
sultaan:
A 2017 shows up in Cotonou with bad ECU, does that mean the owner paid for a flooded car from abroad now we are looking for ECU in Africa?

How does the the scenario explain why my reasoning is off on a 2017 truck. Those new cars require a different means of diagnosis in terms of knowledge and equipment

Mr man u are still not making any sense. Even if car shows up in Cotonou with bad ECU, how does that translate to 'molestation' by the African owner? t
Re: 2017 Grand Cherokee Brain Box Needed Asap. by saintjoel(m): 7:43am On Aug 11, 2017
sultaan:

I can see that you misquoted me and why people only think that I deal with cotonou cars alone. The SUV is in Benin, Edo state in Nigeria and was shipped through tincan, the owner got in touch cos I was the agent that cleared it around March and he knows that I know good technicians in Lagos.

(1) (Reply)

This Kia Sinaan's Design Is Out Of This Century (photos) / She Requested For A Tattoo But She Got A Car Instead – (photos) / Engine Tappet Sounds!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.