Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,115 members, 7,828,975 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 04:48 PM

Fela's First Child Advocates Nigerian Public Officers Be Sworn In By 'juju' - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Fela's First Child Advocates Nigerian Public Officers Be Sworn In By 'juju' (492 Views)

Taye Currency Son, Yusuf Currency Sworn In As Lawmaker In Oyo House Of Assembly / Agbani Darego And Ishaya Danjuma Welcome First Child / Photos Of Mercy Johnson Being Sworn In As SSA On Entertainment To Kogi Governor (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Fela's First Child Advocates Nigerian Public Officers Be Sworn In By 'juju' by Nkemakonam62: 10:56am On Aug 10, 2017
Yeni Kuti, first child and daughter of the late Afrobeat legend Fela Kuti has come out to express her opinion on a practical solution to prevent the excesses of Nigerian government officials.

She believes they should be made to swear oaths with 'Juju' (African traditional medicine) when ceremoniously coming in for public position.
Speaking on a radio show with presenter Jimi Disu, Yeni suggested that if they are made to swear by Ogun (god of iron) or a Sango (god of thunder) for example, they would think twice before stealing public funds.
“Just as Sophie Oyewole has suggested, let them use it to swear in government officials and we shall see if anybody will continue to steal our money in this country or not. I am sure that if they are made to swear by Ogun or some other fearsome African deity, there will be no more corruption”.On the show she also said that her late father Fela and other members of her family appear to her in dreams.
“It’s 20 years since my father died, but it doesn’t seem as if he has been gone for so long. I miss him and I still talk to him in my mind. He and other departed members of my family have also appeared to me in my dreams. I don’t know if it is right to say that they appear to me, but I see them in my dreams. I dream of them a lot.”
Yeni Kuti manages the New Afrika Shrine alongside her brother Femi Kuti. She pioneered the idea of Felabration, a music festival conceived to celebrate the life and contributions of her father Fela Kuti to the Nigerian society.
She is also known to be a dancer, singer and businesswoman.
source:http://www.akelicious.com/2017/08/felas-first-child-advocates-nigerian.html

Re: Fela's First Child Advocates Nigerian Public Officers Be Sworn In By 'juju' by squash47(m): 10:57am On Aug 10, 2017
una don see am na ? afonja's don dy plan to develop a new style...soon now dm go say make dm legalise skull minning so dt the juju go see food way he go dy chop...
On the other hand,if politicians can bribe gawds prophets to divert their prophecies,na idol way no get brain,na im dm no go kon fit bribe ? abegi,na resture sure pass
Re: Fela's First Child Advocates Nigerian Public Officers Be Sworn In By 'juju' by AbbeyvanPersie(m): 10:58am On Aug 10, 2017
undecided
Re: Fela's First Child Advocates Nigerian Public Officers Be Sworn In By 'juju' by BornnAgainChild(f): 10:59am On Aug 10, 2017
I was here...just incase e waka reach fp
Re: Fela's First Child Advocates Nigerian Public Officers Be Sworn In By 'juju' by ojun50(m): 11:07am On Aug 10, 2017
Ok una don hear
Re: Fela's First Child Advocates Nigerian Public Officers Be Sworn In By 'juju' by cruzita(f): 11:13am On Aug 10, 2017
grin she is really fela's blood (no be only juju)
Re: Fela's First Child Advocates Nigerian Public Officers Be Sworn In By 'juju' by durubrian(m): 11:35am On Aug 10, 2017
Rubbish! Let dem use the Juju to bring back Our presido first! Powerless Juju

(1) (Reply)

Join Sterling Bank And Olamide In Sterling Environmental Makeover (stem) 2017 / Kiss Daniel's Comedy Skits / Davido Aimed Of Quitting Smoking As He Went On 4 Days Break In Atlanta(pic,vid)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.