Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,741 members, 7,817,047 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 12:55 AM

Ferrari Threatens To Take Legal Actions Against 360 Modena Limo Owner - Car Talk (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Ferrari Threatens To Take Legal Actions Against 360 Modena Limo Owner (33819 Views)

Ferrari Threatens To Sue Philipp Plein For Advertising His Shoes On His Car / Someone Converted A Private Jet Into A Luxurious $5m Street-legal Party Limo / President Putin In Finland With Bomb-proof Limo That Can Stay Underwater(Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ferrari Threatens To Take Legal Actions Against 360 Modena Limo Owner by Nobody: 7:45am On Aug 12, 2017
Common...the guy should just pay up! That's rubbish!
Re: Ferrari Threatens To Take Legal Actions Against 360 Modena Limo Owner by jegz25(m): 7:48am On Aug 12, 2017
Re: Ferrari Threatens To Take Legal Actions Against 360 Modena Limo Owner by twilliamx(m): 7:48am On Aug 12, 2017
But really its the man's property and he should do as wishes with it cos if he crashes the car Ferrari won't give him another. So fck em
Re: Ferrari Threatens To Take Legal Actions Against 360 Modena Limo Owner by thaoriginator: 7:50am On Aug 12, 2017
If anxbody tries dat shitt wit me eh, aswear na Gulder bottles go fall on em
Re: Ferrari Threatens To Take Legal Actions Against 360 Modena Limo Owner by Nobody: 7:51am On Aug 12, 2017
Reference:

He should remove the badge, simple. You can establish Chelsea football Club of Isale Eko but when you copyright on their badge and other paraphernalia you will be slammed by FIFA and risk legal action.

He didn't copy a Ferrari. He owns a real Ferrari.

2 Likes

Re: Ferrari Threatens To Take Legal Actions Against 360 Modena Limo Owner by ozo13(m): 7:57am On Aug 12, 2017
nairaman66:
I totally see no reason for legal action! The guy was just having fun
it may be their planned design for the future.may b the guy Don spoil dr future market for them

1 Like

Re: Ferrari Threatens To Take Legal Actions Against 360 Modena Limo Owner by Phi001(m): 8:02am On Aug 12, 2017
NtoAkwaIbom:
How anal take enta d topic
The company can be an ass...

2 Likes

Re: Ferrari Threatens To Take Legal Actions Against 360 Modena Limo Owner by Livefreeordieha(m): 8:12am On Aug 12, 2017
NtoAkwaIbom:
ahahahahaah as Awka ibom involve for your moniker.. I sabi say the anal matter go be of great concern to u.. grin.. Dog tinz shocked

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ferrari Threatens To Take Legal Actions Against 360 Modena Limo Owner by dabeto: 8:16am On Aug 12, 2017
[color=#006600][/color]
NtoAkwaIbom:
U sef follow see....i tire oo

1 Like

Re: Ferrari Threatens To Take Legal Actions Against 360 Modena Limo Owner by naptu2: 8:16am On Aug 12, 2017
The reason why Ferrari is threatening to sue is quite simple. The names Ferrari and Modena and the prancing horse logo are part of its brand identity (its trademark). People identify it by those names and logos and they expect a certain level of quality when they see those marks.

Ferrari's fear is that the alteration to the car might have a negative impact on the car and could lead to a mishap. The mishap could affect the way that people view Ferrari products (it might negatively affect the goodwill of the company). Companies go out of their way to protect their trademarks for this reason. Their trademark represents their image and they want to have complete control of it.

However, I think the man might not have any problems as long as he doesn't try to sell the car.

2 Likes

Re: Ferrari Threatens To Take Legal Actions Against 360 Modena Limo Owner by profudus(m): 8:20am On Aug 12, 2017
Since the man has paid for the said car and title has been transferred, l think Ferrari has no legal standi to take such an action unless it was expressly stated in the terms and conditions that were applied to the purchase. It will be tantamount to a no case submission.
Re: Ferrari Threatens To Take Legal Actions Against 360 Modena Limo Owner by einsteine(m): 8:20am On Aug 12, 2017
Take out your dictionary and check the meaning.

To be anal means to be unnecessarily picky, meticulous, careful or precise.

joey150:

The moment you find out please let me know.

Me sef i dey wonder

3 Likes

Re: Ferrari Threatens To Take Legal Actions Against 360 Modena Limo Owner by OlujobaSamuel: 8:21am On Aug 12, 2017
modsfucker:

Would those T&C apply to me if I am not the first buyer of the car?

Let's say I bought it from a person that also bought it from another person that bought it from the original buyer.
yes it will. It also apply to real estate business.

1 Like

Re: Ferrari Threatens To Take Legal Actions Against 360 Modena Limo Owner by marvin902(m): 8:21am On Aug 12, 2017
buh the car looks kinda stupid undecided undecided
Re: Ferrari Threatens To Take Legal Actions Against 360 Modena Limo Owner by Chukazu: 8:30am On Aug 12, 2017
SAVEDBABA:
Just in case.......But why are they bitter, this will make there brand more popular... ...modified:Uncle Seun where is my reward for making ftc

Not so... What makes Ferrari stand out is that they have always been unique in their design, so altering that uniqueness is not too good to the brand

2 Likes

Re: Ferrari Threatens To Take Legal Actions Against 360 Modena Limo Owner by PDPGuy: 8:35am On Aug 12, 2017
Ferrari is acting according to the dictates of the law. Patent law, in general, prohibits individuals from substantially modifying the structure and/or features of a product that has a valid patent number. Having the title to the product, as proof of ownership, is irrelevant in this matter.

For instance, if I buy a Samsung smart phone, and take it apart, then add some parts of an iPhone to it, Samsung are well within their rights to institute a lawsuit against me in any court of competent jurisdiction for patent infringement.

4 Likes

Re: Ferrari Threatens To Take Legal Actions Against 360 Modena Limo Owner by mysteryman2014: 8:36am On Aug 12, 2017
Reference:
They are absolutely correct. It is no longer a Ferrari and should not be identified with them, their brand or their representations. You cannot put kunu in a coke bottle and call it coke. Simple. The public above all should understand that because we donot know the man's intentions and where this could consequentially lead to.If he wants to do a Brabus or AMG he should contact Ferrari and deal.

Don't people use the coke bottle with the label for storing other liquids. The man has the right to do whatever he likes with his car.

1 Like

Re: Ferrari Threatens To Take Legal Actions Against 360 Modena Limo Owner by nairaman66(m): 8:36am On Aug 12, 2017
ozo13:
it may be their planned design for the future.may b the guy Don spoil dr future market for them

Rightly said!!

1 Like

Re: Ferrari Threatens To Take Legal Actions Against 360 Modena Limo Owner by francotunsco: 8:46am On Aug 12, 2017
Reference:
They are absolutely correct. It is no longer a Ferrari and should not be identified with them, their brand or their representations. You cannot put kunu in a coke bottle and call it coke. Simple. The public above all should understand that because we donot know the man's intentions and where this could consequentially lead to.If he wants to do a Brabus or AMG he should contact Ferrari and deal.
Why has coke not sued those aboki that sells kunu in coke bottle? I think the issue is not the name the modified item is called later. Ferrari is just being unnecessarily worried.
Re: Ferrari Threatens To Take Legal Actions Against 360 Modena Limo Owner by misterh(m): 8:48am On Aug 12, 2017
twilliamx:
But really its the man's property and he should do as wishes with it cos if he crashes the car Ferrari won't give him another. So fck em
Of course, it's his property. But he can't put Ferrari's logo on it. That's infringing on Ferrari's identity and trademark.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ferrari Threatens To Take Legal Actions Against 360 Modena Limo Owner by molekoole(m): 8:52am On Aug 12, 2017
sommyblaze:
U say? Just because of badge Una dey be ANAL? Who Una badge epp biko E go bring Bubu back?? E go pay my final year school fees? Oya shift!!!!
Pele, bubu will come back

1 Like

Re: Ferrari Threatens To Take Legal Actions Against 360 Modena Limo Owner by misterh(m): 9:00am On Aug 12, 2017
mysteryman2014:

Don't people use the coke bottle with the label for storing other liquids. The man has the right to do whatever he likes with his car.
Because people do that and get away with it doesn't make it right in the eyes of the law. I think Ferrari isn't comfortable with the man parading the modified car with their logo on it. It might destroy their reputation as people associate a certain level of quality with Ferrari.

Might fall under patent law.

4 Likes

Re: Ferrari Threatens To Take Legal Actions Against 360 Modena Limo Owner by ivolt: 9:11am On Aug 12, 2017
nairaman66:

It is difficult to see reason with ferrari when you have lived
long enough in Nigeria where everything goes and nobody
cares about integrity, law or agreement so long they are having "fun".

3 Likes

Re: Ferrari Threatens To Take Legal Actions Against 360 Modena Limo Owner by misterh(m): 9:11am On Aug 12, 2017
francotunsco:
Why has coke not sued those aboki that sells kunu in coke bottle? I think the issue is not the name the modified item is called later. Ferrari is just being unnecessarily worried.
I don't think Ferrari is being unnecessarily worried. If not because of this, a lot of people would have thought the car is produced by Ferrari and thus expect a certain level of quality from it. If the modified car doesn't meet this, this destroys their reputation. The logo and design of the car are properties of Ferrari. That's why iPhone and Samsung are usually 'fighting' in the courts.

Simply put: If I buy a tin of Bournvita and pour the product in an empty tin of 'NairalandVita', then pass the product off as NairalandVita, I might be contravening Patent Laws and get sued by Cadbury, despite the fact that I paid for the original product with my money.

6 Likes

Re: Ferrari Threatens To Take Legal Actions Against 360 Modena Limo Owner by waunieducation: 9:14am On Aug 12, 2017
It should be the other way round
Re: Ferrari Threatens To Take Legal Actions Against 360 Modena Limo Owner by henribj(m): 9:23am On Aug 12, 2017
i think ferrari is right, you can't buy a product and then modify the product and still choose to use the name of the initial product on the modified product.. for example, you can't buy coca cola and after drinking it you pour water into the same coca cola empty bottle and then claim it is coca cola your holding... doesn't make sense does it?

3 Likes

Re: Ferrari Threatens To Take Legal Actions Against 360 Modena Limo Owner by Shiitposter: 9:24am On Aug 12, 2017
nairaman66:

Ferarri is not just a car. I'm sure in their terms of service there are stuffs like "when the car is damaged it should only be taken to ferrari auto shop" and stuffs like "do not modify your car"
Re: Ferrari Threatens To Take Legal Actions Against 360 Modena Limo Owner by Xkalaban(m): 9:30am On Aug 12, 2017
Nonsense!!! My property, my palava. They shld 4uckin give the guy a refund of his money n take their Ferrari to hell. The guy bought the car, it's not like he built a car from scratch n put Ferrari logos on it. Over civilization no good sha undecided
Re: Ferrari Threatens To Take Legal Actions Against 360 Modena Limo Owner by slimdamatrix1(m): 9:39am On Aug 12, 2017
Guess he broke their terms and conditions
Re: Ferrari Threatens To Take Legal Actions Against 360 Modena Limo Owner by menxer: 9:46am On Aug 12, 2017
Reference:
henribj:
i think ferrari is right, you can't buy a product and then modify the product and still choose to use the name of the initial product on the modified product.. for example, you can't buy coca cola and after drinking it you pour water into the same coca cola empty bottle and then claim it is coca cola your holding... doesn't make sense does it?
Thank you there.

Some people just want to be ignorant of the law of copyright or trade mark.

2 Likes

Re: Ferrari Threatens To Take Legal Actions Against 360 Modena Limo Owner by Ikem11(m): 9:48am On Aug 12, 2017
NtoAkwaIbom:
Hahahaha haha...... Is what u thinking the only thing it can mean?

1 Like

Re: Ferrari Threatens To Take Legal Actions Against 360 Modena Limo Owner by Bondesniger(m): 9:55am On Aug 12, 2017
i dont think that can happen to a Nigeria based in ss

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Honda Launches First Unit Of HR-V Assembled In Nigeria - Photos / How Reliable Is Kia? / Which Of These Cars Should I Go For As My First Car?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.