Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,194 members, 7,822,029 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 02:31 AM

How Can I Format A Laptop With Windows 98 and change it to Windows XP? - Computers - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / How Can I Format A Laptop With Windows 98 and change it to Windows XP? (1028 Views)

Hack Admin Account From Guest Account And Change The Password Forever! / Windows Xp Service Pack 2 Activation / Computer Restarts While Booting Up Reaching The Windows Xp Logo Stage Only (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Can I Format A Laptop With Windows 98 and change it to Windows XP? by slap1(m): 11:40am On Feb 14, 2010
Please help me out. How can I format a laptop (p3) with Windows 98 and also change it to Windows XP? I'm presently stuck with the problemĀ  . . .Waiting for your helpful reply.
Re: How Can I Format A Laptop With Windows 98 and change it to Windows XP? by denzel2009: 11:49am On Feb 14, 2010
I think if you just put the xp cd in the disk drive and switch on to boot from the cd. That should do it. I did that on my laptop with Windows 2003 server and it worked, I guess you can do thesame.
Re: How Can I Format A Laptop With Windows 98 and change it to Windows XP? by Olisa4all: 12:24pm On Feb 14, 2010
Hv u tried insertin d windows xp cd & using the "upgrade" option. .hp u've got ur drivers&u've backed up ur data
Re: How Can I Format A Laptop With Windows 98 and change it to Windows XP? by slap1(m): 12:46pm On Feb 14, 2010
^^ thanks. But will changing the OS to Xp automatically format the laptop, cos that's the most important thing I need to do to it?
Re: How Can I Format A Laptop With Windows 98 and change it to Windows XP? by slap1(m): 2:13pm On Feb 14, 2010
The error info I get is: Drive c: is corrupted and cannot be repaired. Is there still hope?
Re: How Can I Format A Laptop With Windows 98 and change it to Windows XP? by Olisa4all: 2:42pm On Feb 14, 2010
Insert d xp cd&reboot d computer,wen it comes up u'l c "press any key2boot from cd" . .press any key on ur keyboard,d rest is quite easy,u'l b given an option2 "format" as well. .so . .
Re: How Can I Format A Laptop With Windows 98 and change it to Windows XP? by denzel2009: 2:53pm On Feb 14, 2010
I don't know the configuration of your system but its best if you can lay your hands on Windows 7 cos all the drivers are installed during the process. With XP, you go see palava oh with the drivers.
Re: How Can I Format A Laptop With Windows 98 and change it to Windows XP? by 4llerbuntu(m): 3:05pm On Feb 14, 2010
win 7 on a p3?

infact what has win 98 have to do with it? well if u try to format and it refuses to, the drive is probably cooked, and any acrobatics to get it to work are probably ouuta ur league
Re: How Can I Format A Laptop With Windows 98 and change it to Windows XP? by slap1(m): 3:33pm On Feb 14, 2010
^^Abi? Will tell the owner just that. Thanks everyone.
Re: How Can I Format A Laptop With Windows 98 and change it to Windows XP? by Nobody: 10:26pm On Feb 14, 2010
you don't install xp on a pc running windows 98

you go and buy a new pc
Re: How Can I Format A Laptop With Windows 98 and change it to Windows XP? by slap1(m): 8:24am On Feb 15, 2010
^ have already told the owner.

(1) (Reply)

Hp Tv Tuner Card / Free Advance Port Scanner / How To Increse Utorrent Download Speed

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.